Quantcast

## Wednesday GMT ##

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
When you dream about work you know something is wrong. Too much work for too little time. I take it home but meeting deadlines is a problem and one is problematic. Yesterday I've been getting emails every 2 minutes and ffs all of them were important enough that they needed answering. That's just wrong

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
Morning.

More dog **** and piss even though I let them out a million times every night. I got super drunk last night, win. These dogs are going to be the death of me. Friday I fully intend on checking on them then going the 12mi to my house so I can go out to the bar and get wasted. I'd attempt to care about not letting the dogs out in the morning Saturday but they're just gonna **** and piss in the house anyway, what difference does it make if I clean it up in the morning or afternoon?

On the way to work now. Nothing to look forward to there either. All I can do is look forward to getting off work and starting to drink. T-minus nine hours.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
better than the unemployment line
Some days it doesn't seem better at all. Ever had company boardmembers have different idea what's the deadline for the task they have you? An ouside deadline that is. I think I'm going to start bringing codeine to work. I have supply for a week.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Some days it doesn't seem better at all. Ever had company boardmembers have different idea what's the deadline for the task they have you? An ouside deadline that is. I think I'm going to start bringing codeine to work. I have supply for a week.
i work for a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the largest companies in the world. many many layers of management, VP's, and directors between me and the board members thankfully.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
i work for a wholly owned subsidiary of one of the largest companies in the world. many many layers of management, VP's, and directors between me and the board members thankfully.
You can still have 2 equally moronic bosses. I really can't wait till I get back to normal. This ad company that works for us is a total mess.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
my current boss is pretty awesome
My current official boss is also awesome and all the people in the parent company (where I'm still officialy working) are awesome (well one girl who looks like a crazy cat lady doesn't like me but I'm not a cat).

The problem is as the CEO of the company has said it I'm being rented. That's the bad spot. Being rented = no leverage and well I'm in a company that's a mess now

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
KNEE UPDATE: I am go for surgery next Tuesday. No LCL and MCL tears, and I won't lose any of my meniscus. Swimming in three weeks, elliptical and spin bike in six weeks, biking and running in three months, skiing in nine months. Great news today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
today should be fun. The CHP Commercial Division is coming to our office at 9am to do the annual inspection of our Ambulance Fleet and audit our records. I have to coordinate pulling rigs out of the field for inspection then getting them back on the road. This is actually the easy part as it's more of visually matching the vehicles with the documentation from the various state inspection facilities that did the actual mechanical checks and making sure we have the basic required medical gear on board. My job is to make sure the rigs were in compliance as the consequence of failing the inspection can range from a rig getting pulled from service to a company shut down. No wonder I make the big bucks

Ride Monzie

Monkey
Jan 4, 2013
Killafornia
I'm in a great mood all of a sudden today, monkeys! I feel like I'm on my happy drugs but I'm sober! Quite the odd feeling. I feel like I can do all kinds of **** and that cool things are going to happen today. No clue why I feel this way since my week has been **** but I'm gonna roll with it. Best I've felt in weeks. Hooray!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's only Wednesday, damn. What a week of crazy. Been working on an automation project for iOS device testing and Apple pisses me off. Have to compile my test app on Mac, then run it on Windows to test. Running Win8 in a virtual machine doesn't allow for wifi connections to device, so I have to have the device wired via USB. And now I find out the tool I am using doesn't do multiple devices at a time, only multiple devices one at a time.

Fack. iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPad 2-4, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 2-4, iOS 5, iOS6, iOS 6.1, suck it!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
fvcking work indeed!!! :rant:

I hate my job because I have too much dead time but my bat sh!t crazy boss thinks I should be busy all the time. She cock blocked me (cvnt blocked?) from getting a raise or even transferring to another office. So I have to either stay here until July when she says she'll give me a magical big raise and a promotion (I call bs. It's like that guy from Horrible Bosses "I've decided to be the President AND the Vice President!!") or find a new job.

So I continue in my search for a new job, but am only applying for ones I am REALLY interested in this time. When I got this job it was "Sh!t! I need a job! Where can I work?!" Enough :rant:

Happy hump day.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Morning Monkeys.

It's only Wednesday, damn. What a week of crazy. Been working on an automation project for iOS device testing and Apple pisses me off. Have to compile my test app on Mac, then run it on Windows to test. Running Win8 in a virtual machine doesn't allow for wifi connections to device, so I have to have the device wired via USB. And now I find out the tool I am using doesn't do multiple devices at a time, only multiple devices one at a time.

Fack. iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPad 2-4, iPad Mini, iPod Touch 2-4, iOS 5, iOS6, iOS 6.1, suck it!
Apple makes it difficult to develop for them. There's all sorts of stupid stuff when building for Mac OS.

At 3:00 the Beverage Warehouse announced that they had Heady Topper. Twenty minutes later I got there - they were sold out, and there was a minor riot going on among disappointed customers. Went back to work, got my stuff, and drove to the brewery in Waterbury to get my four pack.