Quantcast

Wednesday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Quo Fan posted first. Had to move my post here.

At work. Nothing else.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Boy, I get a little busy and come back and there's chaos! Duelling GMTs...what's next? ;)

Morning! I am far to busy and grumpier than I should be (not enough riding/playtime = grumpy mommy!). Kids are finally beginning to kick their respective cold's a$$es. Syd had strep for the 2nd time this year -- not sure if it really went away last time and Alex is finally getting over her ear infection/cough/cold thing. Now it'll be my turn to get sick! The nice thing about having to stay home with a sick kid is that my house if really clean!

Off to find some coffee to lighten my mood and motivate me to do some work!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
'morning.

1st day of 1/2 caff coffee. My goal is to cut out caffeine, but the last time I tried I just went cold turkey and it about killed me.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Dragging myself into work this morning was more difficult than usual. Big wiring project this morning when I walked in.:hmm: I guess the good news from my weekend is that my colon is clean enough to make a pope go into retirement.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Why would you do this? What's wrong with caffeine? QUITTER! :mad:
:stupid: I tried once and failed miserably. Now, I am one with my addiction!
I had to because it counters the effects of my epilepsy drugs. I went from 4-5 large cups of Peet's coffee down to nothing over a bit over a month. Cut one cup of coffee per week and over that time went from full to 3/4 to 1/2 to 1/4 and eventually none. It takes a bit of work, but once I did it, waking up in the morning I am awake and I sleep better. Also saves me a bit of cash on coffee. Addiction sucks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I had to because it counters the effects of my epilepsy drugs. I went from 4-5 large cups of Peet's coffee down to nothing over a bit over a month. Cut one cup of coffee per week and over that time went from full to 3/4 to 1/2 to 1/4 and eventually none. It takes a bit of work, but once I did it, waking up in the morning I am awake and I sleep better. Also saves me a bit of cash on coffee. Addiction sucks.
I can see why you did... but what about Nick? WTF is HIS excuse?

It's strange - I've heard of the withdrawal issues with caffeine but I've never experienced them. I can go several days without coffee without any negative side-effects... no headache, etc.

I love coffee.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Oooo Major Dickason's Blend? I drink two cups of that every day at home and then some keurig action at work... I hate addiction too, but I think I should just accept them since I have an addictive personality!

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning all.

I have a remote session with a customer in Belgium staring in a few minutes to troubleshoot a installation issue. I wish they could share some beer along with their screen.

Trying to figure out what I should do for dinner tonight. Thinking some kind of peanut sauce, veggies, and rice combo or some kind of pasta with meat and veggies.

Time for green tea and oatmeal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Coffee/caffeine seem to have little to no affect on my energy levels. However without that magical stuff I am pretty sure I would never poop.