Quantcast

&&&Wednesday GMT&&&

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Jebus I slept like the dead last night, nothing like being back in your own bed. After a week in Costa Rica, < thrilled about snow. Stopped at a Thai place in Denver on the way home yesterday and tried to order in Spanish.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm slumming it up at the laundromat. Leave for a Virginia and DC road trip tomorrow.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So jimmydean needed a place to live and was looking to stay near the kiddo. There are a few ok apartments, but I was thinking I need cheap fir the summer, then get something nice. So I go on CL and there are a few rooms to rent.

So I shoot off a few emails to ones in the area and I get a response from one. I had only skimmed the ad, but I had seen something in there about heavy metal, but not too loud, blah, blah, blah. He says he's off work at 6, swing by at 6:30. He sends me the address, it's 2 houses away from where I live now. :rofl:

So I pull up, ring the doorbell, dude answers. He's in camo pants and a Slayer shirt. I walk in, see the drum kit where the dining table would be, and I enjoy the art on the wall.

I comment on the nice art, the 12" vinyl Misfits album on the bookcase, his shirt. We start to BS about music, beer, Portland, sold. I move in on Saturday.

Turns out he grew up in Medford before moving to Portland, but knows a lot of the same folks as I do. Crazy small world. He was freaked out thinking he might have to tone down his decor, I told him I have a Sepultura channel on Pandora. :fans:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning Monkeys.

So jimmydean needed a place to live and was looking to stay near the kiddo. There are a few ok apartments, but I was thinking I need cheap fir the summer, then get something nice. So I go on CL and there are a few rooms to rent.

So I shoot off a few emails to ones in the area and I get a response from one. I had only skimmed the ad, but I had seen something in there about heavy metal, but not too loud, blah, blah, blah. He says he's off work at 6, swing by at 6:30. He sends me the address, it's 2 houses away from where I live now. :rofl:

So I pull up, ring the doorbell, dude answers. He's in camo pants and a Slayer shirt. I walk in, see the drum kit where the dining table would be, and I enjoy the art on the wall.

I comment on the nice art, the 12" vinyl Misfits album on the bookcase, his shirt. We start to BS about music, beer, Portland, sold. I move in on Saturday.

Turns out he grew up in Medford before moving to Portland, but knows a lot of the same folks as I do. Crazy small world. He was freaked out thinking he might have to tone down his decor, I told him I have a Sepultura channel on Pandora. :fans:
:popcorn::popcorn:
:popcorn:
:popcorn:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

yous guys is boyfriend and boyfriend!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Woke up at 2am... never made it back to sleep. But I DID make it to work on my BIKE this morning! Even the kiddo was up and at 'em before we even went in to wake him he was so excited to ride to daycare :)

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
This might be the most humiliating, self-incriminating, man-card revoking post I've ever had on here, but....

A Nalgene water bottle full of ice and Mike's Hard Margarita is a God-send while raking 2 acres of leaves and brush.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
are you still unemployed?

For better or worse, yea. After 4 interviews with that biomed/pharma company I didn't get the job, most likely because of my lack of experience in a super controlled/medical device environment. A bit bummed since it was a good opportunity, but on the other hand a bit relieved as it wasn't a design job so much as fixing purchased equipment, which wouldn't have kept me all too excited and motivated for long. I need something that focuses on creativity and design, which there's plenty of out there. I got a call today and a couple more potential leads, so we'll see.

On the upside, I've been spending a ton of time doing things to the house and riding. So there's that.