Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT?***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Seriously guys? 8:30am ET? *Shane beat me by a minute*

Work on the patio started yesterday. They got the brick edging to level the surface and the road bed in and packed. And when I got home, I realized that they squared the edge to the planter boxes, which we told them not to, as they are not straight. They back of the patio is 3ft from the fence at one corner and 4ft at the other end. Bummer for them.

Also had somebody come out and check the deck. Some retrofiting and bracing should get rid of the shake, so no need for a new one. Probably going to be ~$1000, but a whole hell of a lot better than a new deck.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work on the patio started yesterday. They got the brick edging to level the surface and the road bed in and packed. And when I got home, I realized that they squared the edge to the planter boxes, which we told them not to, as they are not straight. They back of the patio is 3ft from the fence at one corner and 4ft at the other end. Bummer for them.
Well, it turns out that the backyard is not square and they squared the patio to the house. We are running as it is and Wifey is just going to put a bush in behind the patio to try to ofset the visual disparity.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Mornin! Post birthday food hangover in effect. Got a new air mattress to replace the one that was stolen. I'm still annoyed by that.

Starting to make the moving preparations. Eek!

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Mornin! Post birthday food hangover in effect. Got a new air mattress to replace the one that was stolen. I'm still annoyed by that.

Starting to make the moving preparations. Eek!
happy belated fvcking birthday.

and who steals a air mattress?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
can't decide on driving west or flying/rent going west............

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Scores a 100 at BeerAdvocate.com and rivals Pliny apparently. Intredasting...
It's definitely good but I personally wouldn't give it 100. BeerAdvocate is a decent reference guide to help you find good beers but judging beer is totally subjective to one's personal tastes.

edit: I've also had Pliny and I feel the same way about that one as well.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thermarest Neoair. I had the prior gen and loved it. Seems to be one of the only air mattresses I've tried that works well for side sleeping.
my thermarest is probably 15 years old at least, considering a replacement. just picked up an alps mountaineering pad for my wife. its nice and pretty much the same dimensions as my thermarest.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Glad to hear you found someone to set things right.
The price seems reasonable, too.
He's replacing the lags into the house, adding flushing, restrapping the stairs, adding cross braces to the posts to triangulate, rebolting all of the railings, replacing some railing tops, adding more under deck supports, and adding a gate. I was shocked at how little it was.

Thanks for the kick to get a pro. Totally worth it.

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Every time I list parts on pinkbike with free shipping, someone messages me "how much with shipping?" Then I go and change the ad real quick. This has happened three times now.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
that you should build it in from the get go
It's already priced in. The stated price includes shipping and it says that in the title and the ad. Then pinkbike caveman messages me and asks me how much with shipping. So I change the ad and remove the free shipping offer and jack up the price.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It's already priced in. The stated price includes shipping and it says that in the title and the ad. Then pinkbike caveman messages me and asks me how much with shipping. So I change the ad and remove the free shipping offer and jack up the price.
and i'm saying you should do that anyways. DUH.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I like it. It's like the opposite of ebay. Ebay takes 8%, pb adds 20%.
that's what i'm saying. i call it the pink bike tax. you earn it for having to deal with a thousand offers for traders for a broken 2003 boxxer, a non drive side hussefelt crank, and other random bs

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Every time I list parts on pinkbike with free shipping, someone messages me "how much with shipping?" Then I go and change the ad real quick. This has happened three times now.
I was actually interested in those. I have a paintball gun or a XBox to trade. If you really want money could you hold it for two weeks? That's when I'll get my allowance and can pay you for it.