Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
HEY-OH! This morning's drive into work was an 80 minute snow-infested suckfest.

My legs are still not recovered from last week's ski trip. Runs the last three days have been a lot more work than they should have been. 108 days until marathon #4.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
fecking dying of tiredness. I was sick at Christmas, took me forever to get over it (still not really over it). Then my 3y.o. got really sick last week, no sleep. Now my 1 y.o. is sick, no sleep. Work is busy. I'm going to Cuba with the family for a week on Sunday, but I'm worried it won't be particularly restful. At least I won't have to get them dressed in snowsuits and stick them in car seats any time we want to get out of the house.

I wish I could ride my bike in Cuba. (maybe I can, but I don't think my wife would look fondly upon it - not on a "family" trip!)

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Snow day for the kids.
Gave the crews the day off too as we worked doubles all last week.
12 days to St Maarten where winter and sobriety can kiss my lilly white ass.

Just heard a comical story from my MIL, who insists my sons take a minimum of catholic CCD (I don't even know what that stands for) classes to appease her sicilian guilt.

My 8yo apparently stood up 30min to his class sunday, told his teacher 'he needed to leave early today' and then sprung his 6yo cousin from her sunday school class using the same excuse. They then both went to CVS, bought candy and waiting for MIL on steps of church. That's my boy.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
ha! the good ol´catholic mother in law.

mine (and my wife) want to send my not-yet-born kid to a catholic school.
because "they teach values".... yeah riiiiiight.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Snow day for the kids.
Gave the crews the day off too as we worked doubles all last week.
12 days to St Maarten where winter and sobriety can kiss my lilly white ass.

Just heard a comical story from my MIL, who insists my sons take a minimum of catholic CCD (I don't even know what that stands for) classes to appease her sicilian guilt.

My 8yo apparently stood up 30min to his class sunday, told his teacher 'he needed to leave early today' and then sprung his 6yo cousin from her sunday school class using the same excuse. They then both went to CVS, bought candy and waiting for MIL on steps of church. That's my boy.
Crazy Catholic Delusions

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
That's because as an adult, she realizes it is *imperative* to brainwash early. It doesn't work when someone is 20. But it works BRILLIANTLY on children. And it sticks, generally...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
That's because as an adult, she realizes it is *imperative* to brainwash early. It doesn't work when someone is 20. But it works BRILLIANTLY on children. And it sticks, generally...
To a point.
My 8yo already told 8# Baby Jesus to Fvck Off.
He goes to mass (no choice as I ride sundays and wife does yoga, plus he loves his nonna who treats him like an italian prince) but found the balls to tell MIL that he was done with CCD.

While I haven't been to church in 20+yrs, I wanted my kids to make their own choice on the matter and don't comment much either way.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Oldest kid came downstairs in shorts at 6:30 this morning.

Sent right back up to change into something non-moronic. :rofl:
coolstorybro: We used to have a guy here, dumber than a box of fvcking rocks, who wore shorts at all times. Claimed that if he piled on enough sweaters and jackets, he could "keep my core warm enough" to avoid the sorts of hazards that come with this kind of cold. Two (three?) years ago when it got to -30 one night, when it was so cold the 5 gallon water dispensers froze solid and the fire suppression system burst, he had to work on a plane outside. Looked like the staypuft marshmallow man he had so many jackets on, but he still wore shorts, and he got frostbite on his knees.

Same guy was caught once trying to remove a broken light bulb, power still on the aircraft, with a pair of pliers, because he thought he could be "quick enough to get it out without being shocked". That's right, he thought he was faster than electricity.

/coolstorybro

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
To a point.
My 8yo already told 8# Baby Jesus to Fvck Off.
He goes to mass (no choice as I ride sundays and wife does yoga, plus he loves his nonna who treats him like an italian prince) but found the balls to tell MIL that he was done with CCD.

While I haven't been to church in 20+yrs, I wanted my kids to make their own choice on the matter and don't comment much either way.
Sounds like it's too late to brainwash the 8yo.

And your indifference at home helps to offset the brainwashing. :D

Oh - and Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (CCD)... WTF?

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I acquired a mix of food poisoning and baby plague last night. I woke up every hour trying to not puke and/or take a liquid isht. I made it into work long enough to check my vm and emails then leave. I just woke up from passing out on the couch at 6:15 feeling better, but still ishtty.

My bike parts showed up last night, so I have what I need to start building the Carbon up. I just need to go out in the -10* weather to the bike shop for hs installation. I'm not looking forward to that, but I need to get out to have parts shipped anyways. So...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Crazy Catholic Delusions
my coolstorybro:

When I was receiving first communion when I was 7 or 8, there was a group of maybe 20 of us. When the priest gave the bread thing to the girls, he would kiss them on the forehead. I happened to be the first boy in the line, and when the priest came over to me, I blurted out "Don't kiss me!"...clearly rather loudly, as the whole front half of the church bursted into laughter.

This was before the whole Catholic church priest scandal became huge news too......it's like I had a sixth sense or somethng.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my parents quit asking me to say grace when i started saying it backwards....

i enjoyed prank calling the 700 club prayer line during lunch in highschool.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My bike parts showed up last night, so I have what I need to start building the Carbon up. I just need to go out in the -10* weather to the bike shop for hs installation.
After what they did to the LAST hs project, I wouldn't do that.
Bring it over here. We'll squish that headset in good and have it built before dinner. B.Y.O.TP.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Baby decided to puke all over me last night as I was putting her to sleep. At least she felt better after that. She must have swallowed a quarter pound of snot over the past two days, which all came out with her (soy) milk.

Then she woke up twice overnight ravenously hungry. And then woke up at 6:20 AM.

Good thing she's cute, else we couldn't put up with this ****. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
After what they did to the LAST hs project, I wouldn't do that.
Bring it over here. We'll squish that headset in good and have it built before dinner. B.Y.O.TP.
When it comes to f* up risk, unless I have a hs tool, I'm going to put the onus on them to do it right. That way they can replace the frame if it's f*ed up.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
-19 when I got up this morning, Not sure the temp last night, but you know its really cold when you get gas and the printer at the pump will not heat enough to fully print the thermal paper