Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Its Wednesday, Hopefully I will hear from the psych department today and get the last few ends tied up so I can get started at the new job. Obama care has just flat out ruined our health care here and for the wife, and we really need to be sure we have coverage that does not end up costing a third of our income. Need to have the new benefits rolling asap.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Attended the Denver premier of "Won't Back Down" with Nick and won some sweet DH armor in the raffle. Work, bike park, work, dinner with GF's Ma on tap to round out the day.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sometimes I like to play "Follow daddy" in the house with my dog. I'll just walk circles around the upstairs of the house, while the entire time the dog walks right behind me at my heels. When I stop, she stops, then I start walking again and she continues to follow. It's a fun game. I try to explain to the dog that I am not going anywhere.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Well the abs in the rig works in the rain. Just came to a hard stop two feet from two deer on a pitch black side road.
Up here the deer hit the trucks, we have one in the body shop right now getting a right rear quarter panel replaced. Big Mulee ran into it full force with the truck at a complete stop at a stop sign.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Its Wednesday, Hopefully I will hear from the psych department today and get the last few ends tied up so I can get started at the new job. Obama care has just flat out ruined our health care here and for the wife, and we really need to be sure we have coverage that does not end up costing a third of our income. Need to have the new benefits rolling asap.
once again middle class gets focked , but that's a whole another topic .morning , I had a house inspection yesterday and 23 days I'm out of my place :weee:. keep it classy RM !

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Cold, snow flurries, nothing new to report...
70 degrees today, lots of snow in the mtns tomorrow!!

Attended the Denver premier of "Won't Back Down" with Nick and won some sweet DH armor in the raffle. Work, bike park, work, dinner with GF's Ma on tap to round out the day.
Good flick! I realy enjoyed that. I raffled up me a nice enduro-approved Santa Cruz tshirt and NO Enve bars.

Sometimes I like to play "Follow daddy" in the house with my dog. I'll just walk circles around the upstairs of the house, while the entire time the dog walks right behind me at my heels. When I stop, she stops, then I start walking again and she continues to follow. It's a fun game. I try to explain to the dog that I am not going anywhere.
You, good sir, are living on the edge!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! Laps again at Betasso last night. It felt pretty damned good to get out last night. Brown santa arrives with some parts today and some parts tomorrow. Riding Hall Ranch tomorrow as well for the first time. Many things to look forward to!

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Online training is underway, and I am already bored 40 min in. Yay. Get off early to drag the boat to the shop and brace for shock.

On a lighter note, I was able to price out new flooring and it looks like I could do it for under $300. Hydroturf floor with new seat boxes and recarpet the new seat boxes. If I can find a shop to redo the seat covers, I'll be set and it will be a brand new boat. The seats aren't too bad, but the wood is rotten (its an '87) and could use all new seat hardware. I'd like to clean up the wires a bit more, too.

If only that bitch ran... :rofl:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
The first rule of boat ownership: NEVER track your expenses.
Trust me.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
Morning Monkeys.

Online training is underway, and I am already bored 40 min in. Yay. Get off early to drag the boat to the shop and brace for shock.

On a lighter note, I was able to price out new flooring and it looks like I could do it for under $300. Hydroturf floor with new seat boxes and recarpet the new seat boxes. If I can find a shop to redo the seat covers, I'll be set and it will be a brand new boat. The seats aren't too bad, but the wood is rotten (its an '87) and could use all new seat hardware. I'd like to clean up the wires a bit more, too.

If only that bitch ran... :rofl:
3/4 plywood, fiberglass resin, elbow grease... drop that floor to less than a benji. and before you do anything with repair on the seats, go on walmrt.com and ebay and see what you can get a whole new seat for

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The first rule of boat ownership: NEVER track your expenses.
Trust me.
I have to, it's my nature. The reality of the situation is the boat itself is perfect on paper. Size, seating arrangement, purpose. I could get a newer boat for about $7k, but nothing has the power, seating, setup like this one. Worst case I can do the good used motor installed for $4200 with a 1 year warranty. I'm now into it for what something newer would cost with the power and seating I want. So if Bob can get this bitch running for less than half of that and I can get a year out of it, I'll still be happy.

But it has such good lines and with a little work would look so awesome. There is a local guy that put a new motor on his dad's older Checkmate. I blame him.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
this weekends agenda:

brew beer
eat mexican food
plant hops rhizomes
continue climbing wall construction
Dude, are you my brother? He was sitting in his office yesterday talking about building a climbing wall, brewing beers, and eating taco's. The hop planting though, is always being discussed. Everything is starting to grow here!

As for me, I am making coffee cake with the wifey and not looking forward to chasing wires in the attic. I have to get the damn mud room re-wired this week.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Dude, are you my brother? He was sitting in his office yesterday talking about building a climbing wall, brewing beers, and eating taco's. The hop planting though, is always being discussed. Everything is starting to grow here!

As for me, I am making coffee cake with the wifey and not looking forward to chasing wires in the attic. I have to get the damn mud room re-wired this week.
my bouldering wall is underway. i'm starting 3 hops this year: centennial, cascade, & chinook.

i am in progress while your brother is still talking. he sounds like a slacker. your father was a slacker too McFly.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
3/4 plywood, fiberglass resin, elbow grease... drop that floor to less than a benji. and before you do anything with repair on the seats, go on walmrt.com and ebay and see what you can get a whole new seat for
I looked at a set of seats out of a wrecked boat, but I like the ones in there now. 2x8 for the boxes, 3/4 ply for the base, new hardware, 2 yards of new carpet, and Hydroturf on all deck surfaces.

The tops are baked, but the rest is in good shape.

The benches look great.

The seats in the open bow are perfect. I hate the carpet and can redo everything in a darker gray and still goes with the interior.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
my bouldering wall is underway. i'm starting 3 hops this year: centennial, cascade, & chinook.

i am in progress while your brother is still talking. he sounds like a slacker. your father was a slacker too McFly.
...nice variety choices. Lets see some inspirational pics of said bouldering wall. I've got the taco's covered.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
...nice variety choices. Lets see some inspirational pics of said bouldering wall. I've got the taco's covered.

thanks. i'm not expecting much in the way of a harvest this first year.

i'll take some pics of the wall after i'm done working tonight. still at the framing stages. i'm doing phase A now, and phase B is going to be a much more challenging overhang wall. my basement is only a little over 7' tall so i'm doing more overhang stuff to add to the challenge. phase A is a vertical wall which will get some mini features, and than perpendicular to it is gonna be a slight overhang wall. eventually i'll get some roof jugs and add some ceiling sections

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
this weekends agenda:

brew beer
eat mexican food
plant hops rhizomes
continue climbing wall construction
Sounds like a pretty decent weekend. i tried growing some hops, but didnt have any luck. Then again I didn't do much research to what grew well in my area/soil.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sounds like a pretty decent weekend. i tried growing some hops, but didnt have any luck. Then again I didn't do much research to what grew well in my area/soil.
new england is hard to grow hops because it's such a low hardiness zone; hops do better in higher zones (in general that is). plus they need a lot of precipitation.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Hops like sunshine, dry heat, irrigation. In wetter climates mildew and other issues like mites can hurt yields. Generally knock off the first vines that come out, the later vines have more vigor. Expect 1/2 yield first year, full yield every year after. Pull out any vines that have nuts or you'll have a seeded crop.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
new england is hard to grow hops because it's such a low hardiness zone; hops do better in higher zones (in general that is). plus they need a lot of precipitation.
I do not think so. The most famous hops regions in Germany and Czech Republic have mild climate and very fertile soil. Same in the US, hops is only farmed in regions with the most fertile soil. New England has horrible soil for farming and the climate up in NH may be too hardy for hops.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I do not think so. The most famous hops regions in Germany and Czech Republic have mild climate and very fertile soil. Same in the US, hops is only farmed in regions with the most fertile soil. New England has horrible soil for farming and the climate up in NH may be too hardy for hops.
i was referring to the zone designations from the department of agriculture.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
yo.
gotta get a ct scan on my sinuses. yay.
fkn allergies are killing me in this desert. oh well, small price to pay for being able to wear shorts & flip flops in January, i guess. :roll eyes:

Climbing in Red Rock all weekend. stoked about that.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
lol....i do laps in our kitchen with Jack in tow...I like to see how long it takes him to figure out he can reverse directions & 'get me'.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fkn allergies are killing me in this desert.
what is there to be allergic to in the desert?

i used to have horrible allergies when i lived in virginia and tennessee.....moved to colorado and it tapered off to maybe having bad allergies 2-3 weeks out of the year....living in NC the last 8 years....nothing.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Pine is what kills me the most. There are some ragweed species here too. I think bursage is related to ragweed. Oleander too & a bunch of **** they plant to make it NOT look the desert. :rant:
what is there to be allergic to in the desert?

i used to have horrible allergies when i lived in virginia and tennessee.....moved to colorado and it tapered off to maybe having bad allergies 2-3 weeks out of the year....living in NC the last 8 years....nothing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh, I see. I can always blame my poor English. ;) I got some fond memories of summer jobs on hops plantations in my old country long time ago. :cheers:
no sweat man.

the chart i was mentioning basically defines the growing seasons by a number of factors, mainly based on how late the last frost is in the spring and how soon the first frost is in the fall, hours of daylight, peak temperatures, etc.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
here we go:

wall is gonna continue to just to the right of where the stool is. the short section next to the sliding door is gonna be overhang. i'm probably gonna put a ceiling section over the window. the big section of wall will be vertical and probably get some minor features