Quantcast

[] [] [] WEdnesdAY GmT [] [] []

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley is still asleep. Somehow, not sure, but I'll take it. Heading down to the gym for a quick workout.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

I've been sleeping pretty awful for the last week or so and it finally caught up to me yesterday. I was supposed to go riding but was simply exhausted and couldn't muster up the energy. Luckily I slept marginally better yesterday and have lots more in the tank today. Tonight, I ride!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

Finishing some breakfast and coffee then heading out for a ride. Getting out in the morning as it's going to be a HAWT one this afternoon. Going to try and smash my way up the climb as fast as I can. I'm so sick and tired of being slower than just about anyone. Must be my 2 rings and antiquated 26" wheels. Upside is there should be no traffic on the way down this time of day. Braaap!

Day 4 of my beer fast. I feel great and slept like a log.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am on day 3 of: no beer, energy drinks, soda and sugar in my coffee. So far, so good.
i'm down to 2 beers a day. life is hard.
I've had maybe 3 beers since I got back from the Dominican Republic. Between my non-alcohol consumption and training for the Tri, I'm already down 15#. That's not even factoring the muscle I have definitely built. I'm thinking 200# (down 50#) won't be out of my reach if I keep going as I am.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mornin!

I've been sleeping pretty awful for the last week or so and it finally caught up to me yesterday. I was supposed to go riding but was simply exhausted and couldn't muster up the energy. Luckily I slept marginally better yesterday and have lots more in the tank today. Tonight, I ride!
There seem to be a ridiculous number of Colorado mt bikers that sleep like $hit. What the hell is wrong with you guys? :D

Went to Red Rocks and tailgated yesterday afternoon prior to the FOTR showing of Caddyshack. That movie rules.

Didn't get home until midnight. Slept like a baby until 08:00. Coffee now.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I stopped drinking for a while to lose some weight and see how long I could go sans alcohol. My streak is now up to day 3.5 years and I see no reason to end that streak. I am 50 pounds lighter now, but that all came off in the first five months. #coolstorybro

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I've had maybe 3 beers since I got back from the Dominican Republic. Between my non-alcohol consumption and training for the Tri, I'm already down 15#. That's not even factoring the muscle I have definitely built. I'm thinking 200# (down 50#) won't be out of my reach if I keep going as I am.
I drink beer to *maintain* weight. :homer:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I drank a ton in Senegal.

I drink less, WAY less now, ride more, and dropped 10 lbs or so. My cardio is probably better than it has ever been.

Went out for a nice dinner last night. Some bison carpaccio, some duck breast confit, awesome kale salad, 48 hour beef short ribs... Was pretty damned good.

Now to maximise what little is left of my 30s...

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Now to maximise what little is left of my 30s...
By half-ignoring work and reading the :monkey:!

Decent ride, if only half an hour. I climbed as quickly as I could (which is still slow) but just have no energy today so I made it a short trip. The ride back down was fun. :thumb:

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Last day of work until Tuesday! Woot.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I have discovered the miracle of prescription sleep aids. I probably should have looked into it back when graveyard shifts were a more permanent thing. I too have sworn off teh booze, for at least as long as I'm taking the stupid sleeping pills. Submitted 3 weeks of vacation time. Assuming it doesn't get denied, my last shift of nights should be the 19th, and I can get back into biking/running. I feel terribly out of shape already but it's just way too damn difficult to work in any exercise on this FSM forsaken schedule.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I stopped drinking for a while to lose some weight and see how long I could go sans alcohol. My streak is now up to day 3.5 years and I see no reason to end that streak. I am 50 pounds lighter now, but that all came off in the first five months. #coolstorybro
I quit drinking 33 years ago...I was 100 pounds lighter when I drank....wait....oh yeah I was doing an 8ball a night back then too:think: