Quantcast

**Wednesday GMT**

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
6 hours of interrupted sleep last night. Woke to Haley standing in the hallway screaming/crying and she wouldn't come into our room. Now I am sitting in the living room watching stupid colors and shape videos with Haley.

Run last night was a PR- 5 miles at 9min mile. Low bar, but big for me.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning monkeys.

New site is in the home stretch. We have a bit of stuff left to polish but we're getting there.

It only took a year to get my Tanzania thread up, but part 1 is there with safari pictures to come later.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Good ride last night, I felt pretty strong and cruised around the place in the other direction from which I normally go. Funny how things become almost unfamiliar going backwards.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Rode last night. Tire felt strange. Some of the tube sticking out and this is after I already blew one tube just even before I rode the tires. Never done this before. So far I have not been super happy with the tires compare to my old tires. For the roadies ran Specialized Turbo Pro 25c before and now Continental Grand Prix 4 Season in 28c. They are comfortable and the side wall is better out of the saddle but they just feel really slow and draggy and I can't get good speed into the bike.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Heading to the Omaha Zoo today with a bunch of my wife's family. It's supposed to be in the mid 90s today... I'm gonna freakin melt.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Went to check on the boat yesterday and I couldn't get into the storage space. Seems the owner changed the code and didn't tell anyone. I asked the neighbor and he said "I thought it was just me, I haven't paid him in like 3 months". :rofl:

The guy that used to run it had a shop in the front. When he moved his shop, the owner of the space took over. It seems he's not as friendly as the guy who left (maybe why he left). I've been paying him, so I will call him today and get the "new" code, then give it to my neighbor. I think he intends to pay, he just used to pay in the drop box at the shop, now you have to mail it to the guy.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Please tell me you are putting in a pool in the front yard.
Sewage line to replace the septic system? We had that done last summer. Was relatively painless.
Our well has a leak, discovered last week when we had a water filtration system installed. So while they are fixing the leak, they are also going to bring the well up to code (house was built in 1960). Nice way to spend a crapload of money.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all.

I'm feeling stressed about short term finances between my last paycheck at UW (which will post July 10) and my first paycheck including moving cost reimbursement from CU Denver (which will come at an unknown time).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
28c = Balloon tires for road bikes, cush but not fast.
The pro peloton is riding 25c these days so 28c is not that much bigger. Besides the added weight which is not that important where I mostly ride its only the increase in wind resistance that would make a difference. Should have the same rolling resistance or even better.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
A bat**** crazy day here. Home got the chimney swept - gotta love mid-summer specials. I am hoping for a good GBNEMBA ride this evening.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got an email from my friend who is doubling as my swim coach (that whole Olympic water polo player thing for credibility). I sent him a video of my swimming and his response started "...you were better than I expected you would be! Nice work." Then proceeded to have 7 paragraphs of what I am doing wrong. So much for swimming being one of my strengths...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you are swimming faster than you sink, you are winning. But that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
If you are swimming faster than you sink, you are winning. But that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. :rofl:
Apparently. Things along the line of "your stroke is pretty good, for a short distance sprint, but that's not what you're doing" is just one point he made.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Our well has a leak, discovered last week when we had a water filtration system installed. So while they are fixing the leak, they are also going to bring the well up to code (house was built in 1960). Nice way to spend a crapload of money.
This (or issues similar to this) is my biggest nightmare.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
not eating bread.......impossible to feel full.
Could never do that. I had toasted baguette with fresh mozzarella, tomato, and basil with a little balsamic last night, damn it was tasty.

<edit>
We went to Bauman Farms last weekend and got strawberry donuts and a few good veggies. The basil was awesome, I hope mine comes in half that good this year.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Pretty sure tonight is my last night of grave yard shift. Going to take tomorrow off to yard out the water heater, then it's 3 weeks of vacation and then back to day shift.