Quantcast

###Wednesday GMT###

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had to get up early and do things. God I hate being responsible. How can I maintain Rock Star status and still be subjected to the awfulness of responsibility?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Saw some type of strange animal on the way to work today, just barely saw it before it ran into the brush/woods. Looked like a mix between a bear and an alpaca. WTF?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Writing some html and JavaScript today. Buttons! (that currently do nothing once pressed)

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
PS - the new Alps Mountaineering air mattress I ordered is fvcking unreal.
Got that last one on STP. AND the 30% off promo code I found worked. That is all.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
In my experience, Alps Mtn equipment doesn't last very long.
I haven't owned anything by them previously, but I know others that have. I have heard their CS is awesome, which is all that matters.

Plus, I got this for the same price as a comparable Coleman air mattress from Wally World....so there's that.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Megatrail came yesterday. Unfortunately between going to Japan tomorrow and moving I'm not going to get to build/ride it until I get back.

On the plus side, I did this yesterday:

Lucy.jpg

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I haven't owned anything by them previously, but I know others that have. I have heard their CS is awesome, which is all that matters.
I guess as long as you don't mind sending $hit back to them continuously...

Plus, I got this for the same price as a comparable Coleman air mattress from Wally World....so there's that.
Heh. Alps is the Huffy of mountaineering equipment. Although it might be slightly better quality than Coleman. :D

I will say, though - their $hit *is* cheap. Esp at STP. My kids have Alps sleeping bags for car camping because they were like $35 and came WITH a sleeping pad.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Considering this queen size air mattress w/ pump cost less than 1/3 of my air pad (NeoAir)....if I get 4-5 car camping trips (ie: several years) out of it before it explodes....I'd be thrilled.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had an interesting meeting yesterday, it seems the organization is being re-organized, and gawds honest truth the consultant they hired is named Bob. Only one Bob, and no interviews. Seems only one redundant manager was removed, everyone else stays, just in a slightly different manner.

I will be doing the exact same thing with the exact same folks, the only difference is I don't have to explain what I am doing (or not doing) to my pointy haired boss, I report to the dev manager of my group instead. This should work out well as all my co-workers are in another country and I hope I will get to fly there soon to visit with my team.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Considering this queen size air mattress w/ pump cost less than 1/3 of my air pad (NeoAir)....if I get 4-5 car camping trips (ie: several years) out of it before it explodes....I'd be thrilled.
I think you have realistic expectations. Perhaps if you're *really* careful it'll last longer. They are almost worth it on sale at STP as "disposable" gear.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
How exactly have you made it this far without one? Its unpossible to even comprehend. Get down to the store and liberate one for the love of God, Geddy Lee, and Lemmy.....
I was on a Warwick kick for years. Then I got caught up in the P & J world recently. I've been looking at MM Stingrays as of late. Started listening to demos of P vs J vs MM and found one with a 4003. the 4003 sounds like my favorite for solo playing. the P is an 8th note machine and sits nice in a mix. the J is more lyrical, but it's hard to "crush" with it. I gotta play one and see if I like the feel of the neck.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I was on a Warwick kick for years. Then I got caught up in the P & J world recently. I've been looking at MM Stingrays as of late. Started listening to demos of P vs J vs MM and found one with a 4003. the 4003 sounds like my favorite for solo playing. the P is an 8th note machine and sits nice in a mix. the J is more lyrical, but it's hard to "crush" with it. I gotta play one and see if I like the feel of the neck.
My friend plays a fretless Ric. She is awesome too....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
shift ran late, wind really kicked up so no taking the Kayak out today. So instead I pampered myself by buying a better PFD more suited to the high back seat of the kayak and still has enough pockets for my boxes of trout flies

back view

side

front