Quantcast

<<= Wednesday gmt =>>

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watched jeanne dielman, 23 quai du commerce, 1080 brussels......jesus was it tedious...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Drywall is going up today after the framing and insulation inspection. that's a very dusty job.

After asking the owner of the company to give me a calendar of work, I finally just made one myself and got the site chief to comment on it. I was only a day or two off. They had to deviate somewhat from the engineering plans, so the City inspector wants a letter from the engineer certifying that what they built is ok, which might take a day or two to happen.

It looks like I will be jet-setting off to Sedona while the house is getting primered, painted, floors put in, and kitchen cabinets assembled. All of which preclude having any semblance of a functional kitchen. No stove, no sink, no fridge. My wife is going to love taking care of both kids, with no kitchen, while I'm having fun riding my bike in Sedona. Ooops.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Night ride last night, first of the year.
Need to switch out the lens on my new gloworm head lamp (only light I run) to a wider pattern.
No shortage of comical moments.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
It seems to monsooning out. Didn't ride last night and tonight isn't looking good, either. I guess I could just say FTS and ride anyways.

I also spent almost all of my commute today in 1st and 2nd gear. THRILLING MAN!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nothing. Radiator and sparks showed up yesterday. Going to drain the coolant and get the radiator out tonight. Hopefully get the sparks in as well. Rest of the parts should be here tomorrow, so I can start working on that as well.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Happy Humping! We are FINALLY getting a tiny bit of rain. Sweet Jesus do we need it...it never rains anymore. I had a little get together last night for a friend that just bought her first house. Potluck style...everyone brought soup. Go figure.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Randomly unlocked my locked-up lower back on my way to the office, yay! Getting old sucks. I woke up one minute before the alarm clock rang at 5:15AM, eff this early morning isht. Torrential rain is coming this evening so no ride for me for the next 24+ hours.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Night ride last night, first of the year.
Need to switch out the lens on my new gloworm head lamp (only light I run) to a wider pattern.
No shortage of comical moments.
which one do you run? I'm considering getting the X2 for helmet mount to replace my Gemini Xera. I find with the Xera I can't get both the throw and flood I want. The flood doesn't throw enough, and the spot is too narrow.

I have a Gemini Duo, but it doesn't have interchangeable lenses to run play with spot vs. flood... My batteries are close to 4 seasons old now and need replacing, so I'm thinking of a whole new system anyways... I'd like to try running the X2 is spot/flood combo...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Kid is sick at home with teh:
strep throat
So looks like today will consist mostly of home stuff. Probably ought to bag some leaves, I can feel the silent judgment from my lesbian neighbors. It had been my plan to use this morning as an attempt to get back into a regular running routine but I guess it will have to wait. Pretty sure a large part of my general/work related malaise is the fact that I've done pretty much zero exercise for the last month. Shorts are getting pretty tight around the waist too. :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

So looks like today will consist mostly of home stuff. Probably ought to bag some leaves, I can feel the silent judgment from my lesbian neighbors. It had been my plan to use this morning as an attempt to get back into a regular running routine but I guess it will have to wait. Pretty sure a large part of my general/work related malaise is the fact that I've done pretty much zero exercise for the last month. Shorts are getting pretty tight around the waist too. :(
You shouldn't let your kid near Jon.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
morning.
Yoga kicked my ass last night. Really needed it.
I keep getting calls about gigs in a few weeks. November should be busy for me which is what i need right now.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Solo night ride last night in perfect conditions. Glad I made it out because it's going to rain for the next week or so.

Cryptic messages from management are the worst. Pseudo-worrisome things peppered with quasi reassurances.

Attachments

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Waiting for my culture results at the clinic right now.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
which one do you run?
I've got the 950 lumen x1.
Barely feel the weight, bright and I think ideal once I play with the optics.

The spot is too focused for my tastes, especially on twisty woods trails. My head was on a swivel last night due to lack of peripheral light but it was more than adequate for the fast bits.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Ice in the dog water bowl this morning. :thumbsdown:
There was frost all over my windshield this morning. Had to bust out the scraper. It's high time to cram both cars back in the garage, methinks.

Speaking of cars, can you auto monkeys help diagnose this on my ///Land Cruiser? At residential neighborhood speeds when transitioning from coasting to light acceleration there's a small creaking type sound and feel. I can feel it in the floor a little bit, although it is subtle. The vehicle otherwise appears to be running fine, no CELs or hesitation or the like. It's just this weird sound/vibration, which is new over the past week or so.

I did have an (/a series of 3 incompetent, last two gratis) alignment(s) in the past month and got new front wheel bearings before the first... Could this be related?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Took a new NO stack I've been training on before yoga last night and I killed it. Pulled a few power moves I couldn't get close to before. Better living through chemistry.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
There was frost all over my windshield this morning. Had to bust out the scraper. It's high time to cram both cars back in the garage, methinks.

Speaking of cars, can you auto monkeys help diagnose this on my ///Land Cruiser? At residential neighborhood speeds when transitioning from coasting to light acceleration there's a small creaking type sound and feel. I can feel it in the floor a little bit, although it is subtle. The vehicle otherwise appears to be running fine, no CELs or hesitation or the like. It's just this weird sound/vibration, which is new over the past week or so.

I did have an (/a series of 3 incompetent, last two gratis) alignment(s) in the past month and got new front wheel bearings before the first... Could this be related?
Drive shaft CV/u-joint?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Pseudo-worrisome things peppered with quasi reassurances.
reassurances are the worst!
"don't worrry about what you've read in the media, this bankruptcy won't affect our team, blah blah blah."
stupid companies.