Quantcast

!@#$ Wednesday GMT *&^/

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's sick again. Been up since 3:45am. Early wake up is not pleasant when Nyquil is involved.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
meetings. all day. ones that are going to be awkward and uncomfortable and that my conflict-avoidant self would rather not be at. no time to prep a talk i have to give in detroit tomorrow. is it friday yet???

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Child #2 had a fever yesterday evening. when I picked him up from daycare they said he seemed to be clutching his right ear. He woke up 2 hours after going down in hysterics. We were convinced he was sick, probably with an ear infection too.

I shoved a thermometer up his rectum this morning and... no fever! so off to daycare he went, and off to work I go! Still, he obviously has some sort of cold and isn't quite himself. If the house wasn't under renovation, and I wasn't leaving in two days for Sedona, I probably would have stayed home with him today, just to give him time to relax. Shitty timing is shitty.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Due to covering for someone sick on Monday I've ended up with the weird schedule of working from 8-10 AM, with 10 AM-5 PM research time. 3/4 of a research day. No heading home early for me, either: visiting professor from Harvard is giving an evening lecture with mandatory attendance for junior faculty, not to mention that I have to ferry her around.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Due to covering for someone sick on Monday I've ended up with the weird schedule of working from 8-10 AM, with 10 AM-5 PM research time. 3/4 of a research day. No heading home early for me, either: visiting professor from Harvard is giving an evening lecture with mandatory attendance for junior faculty, not to mention that I have to ferry her around.
Isn't that your alma mater?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
have fun being a man servant.
The upside is that her hotel is literally across the street from the hospital campus. (The usual hotel for visiting people is in Cherry Creek, a solid 25 minutes away.) That said, since I'm walking to and from there it'll still eat away at my time that's supposed to be protected for research.

Isn't that your alma mater?
For undergrad in Computer Science, yes (like Bill Gates and Zuckerberg, only I actually got my degree). Not much overlap with that and the med school besides the name and self-important worldview.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

I went for a run this morning. Gorgonzola in my scrambled eggs, and my coffee is awesome. Shit storm be a brewin' for this afternoon/tonight. Better get outside while the getting is good.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
All good @Toshi as long as we can say we know you.

More amazing weather this week crazy good fall this year.

First time ever I get anything good out of daylight savings as I ride in the morning and its now light again when I start my ride.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
just had a real uncomfortable meeting with my boss. apparently others in my dept are complaining about the amount of time i'm taking off.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
just had a real uncomfortable meeting with my boss. apparently others in my dept are complaining about the amount of time i'm taking off.
Company approved family leave yes? I assume you asked the boss to tell the complainers to go fuck themselves?

The only solution is to get nothing done while at work.
Been working for me for at least 8 years now.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
i'm more tactful than that. plus my boss was not so subtly trying to convince me to forfeit my remaining leave time.
Fuck that, if anything sell them back your remaining leave at 150% its value.