Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Wifey now wants to keep the Subie as a winter/guest car. I could be on board with this.
Seems like a solid plan to have at least ONE vehicle that's not completely effing useless in terms of ride shuttle logistics. Just make sure ya buy a few 15mm ForkUps for that Bad Larry and I'm on board as well. :D

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Seems like a solid plan to have at least ONE vehicle that's not completely effing useless in terms of ride shuttle logistics. Just make sure ya buy a few 15mm ForkUps for that Bad Larry and I'm on board as well. :D
I'll contribute a 15mm Fork Up to facilitate @stoney shuttling. The motion passes.

of course I haven't done the math on NOT trading in the subie .. but let's not get bogged down in details ...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'll contribute a 15mm Fork Up to facilitate @stoney shuttling. The motion passes.

of course I haven't done the math on NOT trading in the subie .. but let's not get bogged down in details ...
Basically took $17k out of our liquid cash (not that a Subaru in CO isn't liquid) and a few hundred more per year insurance. However the reduced maintenance cost on the M will offset that some too.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I'd recommend @stoney trade in teh Subaru and purchase a used full size pickup. I, also, have not done the math, but those details are neither here nor there.
Subie is paid for, 6 years old, 46k miles (7600/yr).Really hard to justify selling it.

Wifey thinks that it will be Haley's first car. If you do the numbers for that, given 7500 miles/yr (low mileage per year), it would only have 130k when Haley is 15. It's not unfathomable for it to be her first car... That's funny.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Subie is paid for, 6 years old, 46k miles (7600/yr).Really hard to justify selling it.

Wifey thinks that it will be Haley's first car. If you do the numbers for that, given 7500 miles/yr (low mileage per year), it would only have 130k when Haley is 15. It's not unfathomable for it to be her first car... That's funny.
That's why we still have a 19 year old Subaru leaking oil in the garage. :D

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My Land Cruiser may end up being Mariko's first car, and then my grandkids' first car after that. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is the kind of stuff that kills me at work. :rofl:

Test Document said:
The goal of System Testing is to demonstrate that the code satisfies the defined product and software requirements within the scope of testing defined by this document for the system.

My Honda Fit is now seven years old with a little under 120,000 miles on it. This being Vermont, penetrating rust is about to show up.

Thinking about replacing it with a CR-V LX, which would run me about $23 K with a trailer hitch and wiring. May push the button tomorrow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
30km trail ride in the books. Beer has been drank, pizza is being consumed and one more trail ride with lights is on the way. Then, jalapeños and more beer and then wings.

Im not SUNK...yet.

Killer day.

My Honda Fit is now seven years old with a little under 120,000 miles on it. This being Vermont, penetrating rust is about to show up.

Thinking about replacing it with a CR-V LX, which would run me about $23 K with a trailer hitch and wiring. May push the button tomorrow.
Why didn't you tell me? I would have bought it.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Why do you need a second tow vehicle given that you have the GM van?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
these red grapes are delicious.

Oh wait, this is carmonkey ... my Allroad is 10 years old with 77k. What now?

also, going to try out a CCDBA on my RFX. I'll be rattling your collective cages for tuning tips in a few days.

30km trail ride in the books. Beer has been drank, pizza is being consumed and one more trail ride with lights is on the way. Then, jalapeños and more beer and then wings.

Im not SUNK...yet.

Killer day.

Why didn't you tell me? I would have bought it.
I just told you.

Why do you need a second tow vehicle given that you have the GM van?
Moving stuff around the yard and local trips with the small utility trailer. Don't need it, but the capability's handy. Also easier to back stuff with a shorter wheelbase tow vehicle.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
My Subaru is 10 years old and has 83,000 on it, do I win? No.

I got news from the LBS today that the rear XT brake I have on the hardtail from 2014 is a model that has had issues, while bleeding the thing a small piston leak was detected, you can barely see the oil beginning to show, to Shimono's credit they are over-nighting a set complete with lever and cable line for free.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
imperial stout 22 in hand

also, that FOAW thread just hit our local mtb group. they should prepare prepare for trolling level 11ty (as if they didn't have it arleady). leading with the vid of Rude at mountain creek and pretending it was their trails was uber lame.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
also, going to try out a CCDBA on my RFX. I'll be rattling your collective cages for tuning tips in a few days.
Be sure to write down your settings before sending it back for warranty. I liked my DBA, but it was a finicky bitch that originally failed on the first ride.

I know x2s are pricey and hard to get at the moment but I highly recommend going that direction.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got any 26" tires in decent shape? Kids are gonna burn through my stash of semi-used knobbies fairly quickly...

Oh - and good morning you talentless fuckers.

Took the bike to the shop to have fork overhauled, Reverb overhauled, and a couple otehr misc things done. Also - bought new coil shock to replace the clapped-out Van-R (inline-coil, baby!) I've been running since 2012-ish.

More coffee...
i've got some old DH tires that have some life to them, but are of no use to me.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
imperial stout 22 in hand

also, that FOAW thread just hit our local mtb group. they should prepare prepare for trolling level 11ty (as if they didn't have it arleady). leading with the vid of Rude at mountain creek and pretending it was their trails was uber lame.
start posting links to articles about hikers that have set booby traps on mountain bike trails

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
start posting links to articles about hikers that have set booby traps on mountain bike trails

Their cover page photo shows a bunch of people standing off the trail. People who wander from the trail cause soil compaction, destroying the underfoot ecosystem and enabling invasive species to take foot. They are destroying the wilderness.

Edit: factually correct troll post posted.

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
others are way ahead of you . . . they've also posted vids of spartan/mud races as examples of how destructive non-bikers are... :rofl:
After the heavy rain we had locally last week I waited for 2 days before hitting the trials - I noted no tire ruts but lots of large footprint divots, they actually made the trails a bit more interesting. I'm lucky that our local trails were purpose built by bikers for bikers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
After the heavy rain we had locally last week I waited for 2 days before hitting the trials - I noted no tire ruts but lots of large footprint divots, they actually made the trails a bit more interesting. I'm lucky that our local trails were purpose built by bikers for bikers.

'back in virginia' most bikers completely ignored any 'no riding wet trails' rules. Most of the trails in town are clay based and quickly turn into a blown out shitshow. Local IMBA chapter made 0 effort into educating or enforcing rules, mud riding sells bike parts.

Luckily the trails up in the mountains are pretty much all rock and neither tires nor rain could hurt them.