Quantcast

Wednesday GMT

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! Back to work after an extended weekend. I am planning to ride tonight as the weather is going to be shitty over the holiday weekend.

I'd also like to express my gratitude to the Monkies I rode the Maah Daah Hey trail with particularly @Montana rider and @TreeSaw; their selflessness, planning and execution of sustenance made the trip better for all of us.

Also drank my first Heady Topper and it changed my life and I learned that one bourbon, one scotch and one beer is impossibro.

Life is fucking awesome. #fuckyeahgangsign

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
my son woke me up at 1 last night. nightmares. whatever, it's par for the course, especially on the first night after shcool started. but I wasn't able to go back to sleep. at 2 I popped some "natural melatonin" pills. didn't work. at 3 I popped a gravol (my wife bough the "extended release formula that lasts 12 hours...), no dice. at 4 I grabbed a couple of pulls of scoth from the hip flask in my night stand. aaaaah, sweet sweet slumber.

But now, i think that extended release gravol is making me veeeery sleepy. I had three espressos before leaving the house this morning, but it's not clearing the fog in my head. I feel mildly drunk. and sleepy. yay work!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
all this fts.....treat every day like friday...

looking for a airline compliant camera bag today...

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Ran across some of the local lycra xc guys last night when I was heading out for a ride. Duked it with them in the woods for an hour or so. Fun times with high heart rates.

No bikes today. Wife works late and I have to make dinner. Any suggestions as to what I shall make?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ran across some of the local lycra xc guys last night when I was heading out for a ride. Duked it with them in the woods for an hour or so. Fun times with high heart rates.

No bikes today. Wife works late and I have to make dinner. Any suggestions as to what I shall make?
What do you have on hand?

Carbonara is my go-to when I can't think of much else...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Tacos....duh.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

grilled meat and fresh seasonal vegetables?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Rain today, maybe tomorrow, then 70's this weekend. Going ghetto camping with the motos on Saturday, should be a good ride. I am also devising a plan to afford the new(ish) bike. It's weird how for granted I took the trails that were down the road from me. Now it's such a trek just to ride that I didn't realize just how little I've ridden in the last 3 years. This will be rectified.

As you were.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
What do you have on hand?

Carbonara is my go-to when I can't think of much else...
I will need to swing by the store because I am out of breakfast supplies. I have never made Carbonara. I will look it up

Tacos....duh.
Had Tacos last night. I could live of Tacos if I had to.

grilled meat and fresh seasonal vegetables?
My Daughter is a vegetarian. I could grill some Tofu dogs for her....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Again, my house is quiet and feels empty. Bad enough it is WAY more house than we need or even want at this point, but it feels empty and somewhat uninviting now. Thats just crazy.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Because everybody needs love

my son woke me up at 1 last night. nightmares. whatever, it's par for the course, especially on the first night after shcool started. but I wasn't able to go back to sleep. at 2 I popped some "natural melatonin" pills. didn't work. at 3 I popped a gravol (my wife bough the "extended release formula that lasts 12 hours...), no dice. at 4 I grabbed a couple of pulls of scoth from the hip flask in my night stand. aaaaah, sweet sweet slumber.
Sounds like you needed to smoke a bowl. Also I didn't know Dramamine is prescribed for sleeping problems.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Yuna woke around 5, apparently due to the discomfort of having a giant poop (she is my baby after all!). Therefore everyone but Mariko, who blissfully slept through everything, is a bit cranky.

I decided to take a different route into work this morning. It didn't work too well. Same rain causing Nick's hero dirt causes jeep tracks under power lines near I-225 to be really slick, especially when one's tires are sans tread by design.

Oh well. Academic day so no one cared that I rolled in late. If REI gets my new bike assembled then I'll head home early and pick it up so as to ride it in tomorrow.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Again, my house is quiet and feels empty. Bad enough it is WAY more house than we need or even want at this point, but it feels empty and somewhat uninviting now. Thats just crazy.
syrian refugees?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sounds like you need a rebound dog. When we got our current dog, I referred to her as "Replacement Jewell", with Jewell being the old dog.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I will need to swing by the store because I am out of breakfast supplies. I have never made Carbonara. I will look it up

Had Tacos last night. I could live of Tacos if I had to.

My Daughter is a vegetarian. I could grill some Tofu dogs for her....
Breakfast for dinner! French toast, bacon (more for you!), bowl of fruit, eggs, mmm....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sounds like you need a rebound dog. When we got our current dog, I referred to her as "Replacement Jewell", with Jewell being the old dog.
The wife has been reading all these things about dealing with it. Sometimes waiting or getting a different breed to avoid comparing new to old. Since we are looking to move in less than a year, I think we will wait and see where we wind up and go from there. The only issue right now would be the fact Monday has been enjoying the house freedom. She stayed upstairs, the dogs were mostly downstairs and each had their own access doors. She hung out on the couch with us last night. Not sure how Monday would feel with a new animal in the house. She isn't one for sharing.

<edit> She isn't a fan of the slightly heavier double dog door downstairs, so she still uses her upstairs entrance. I'm trying to get her to use the dog door, I think it would make it easier for her.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@jdcamb almost forgot...can you ride tomorrow evening at Kelso?

I'll need to plan for it tonight, as I need to bring all my bike crap to work.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I hope it's not you or someone close.
Selfishly and luckily...no, not quite. In the past couple weeks I have found out:

1) Neighbor across the street had stage 4 throat cancer last year, didn't know until the other day (luckily he is in remission, but still in a lot of pain as a result).
2) Other neighbor (who coincidentally was my high school math teacher 60 miles away), his wife was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, given 3-6mo to live.
3) Coworker from our small group went in for surgery a couple weeks ago to remove a tumor (stage 1) only to find out it spread to her lymph nodes and is now stage 3. Will have to undergo 16-20 weeks of chemo.

Just shitty how they all happened (or I found out) almost at the same time