Quantcast

Wednesday GMT

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Hot and humid is the name of the game. My weed eater killed itself last night rather than go into work...didn't call in sick, didn't show up late...just killed itself rather than deal with the heat. While I'm upset, I do admire the dedication to its principals.

Maybe some work on my pump track this evening...the lovely lady-lumps are wilted away into pancake boobies.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Good Morning!!!

Hot and humid is the name of the game. My weed eater killed itself last night rather than go into work...didn't call in sick, didn't show up late...just killed itself rather than deal with the heat. While I'm upset, I do admire the dedication to its principals.
you need one of these. they run forever and cut through just about anything ( especially when you switch to the blade attachment)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning Monkies! My only news is that I was stung by a bee that got caught under the chin strap of my helmet yesterday. It was at the top of my cheek near the ear. Only hurt for 5 minutes so much better than butthurt that can go on for days. Also have to work today, my soon to be ex boss is somewhere in the state touring dog and pony shows. I was to be on vacation this week but I cancelled it to move up my termination date. Will be hitting a scenic mountain trail ride tomorrow with @Montana rider

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The highlight of yesterday was going to Night Shift Brewery with the lady and little man. Runner up was not going to work.

The unhighlight of yesterday was not sleeping the night before due to immense lower back pain. Runner up was vacuuming a gallon of water out of the Jeep.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Got rained outta my rain last night so I stopped by the LBS to buy some flat pedals and more tubeless sealant. Went with some Specialized stuff this time which looks much goopier than Stans. It's nice that the bottle has all kinds of warnings about not eating it or spraying it into your eyes yet includes 0 directions on how much they recommend you put into the tire. :stosh:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! One of those mornings in the office here... gotta be numb and survive the crap and ride in the afternoon. Moar rain is coming tomorrow which should bring the precipitation totals for June and July to 6x the last year's ones.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Mornin!

Got rained outta my rain last night so I stopped by the LBS to buy some flat pedals and more tubeless sealant. Went with some Specialized stuff this time which looks much goopier than Stans. It's nice that the bottle has all kinds of warnings about not eating it or spraying it into your eyes yet includes 0 directions on how much they recommend you put into the tire. :stosh:
because they have lawyers

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Spent the morning packing up the girls stuff and getting them off on their adventure. They're camping with my folks during Monkeyfest. Now I need to do some laundry (gotta have clean sheets & towels for the monkeys)...run the vaccuum around the house and maybe mop the kitchen floor before I head out for a ride & beers. On the way home, I'll hit the grocery store and stock up for the poo flingers. Busy day today!

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
you need one of these. they run forever and cut through just about anything ( especially when you switch to the blade attachment)

I was thinking of investing in the Dewalt battery-powered trimmer. My pops has one, and it does some serious work. I wanted to be disappointed, but it's really good. The chainsaw, too. The chainsaw is bad-ass....it's going to revolutionize the serial-killer market. You can dismember a body in relative silence within minutes without all the pesky 2-cycle smoke and unwanted attention a running chainsaw brings...

...but you're saying that Sthil is the tits, though...I'll check it out. Thanks!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was thinking of investing in the Dewalt battery-powered trimmer. My pops has one, and it does some serious work. I wanted to be disappointed, but it's really good. The chainsaw, too. The chainsaw is bad-ass....it's going to revolutionize the serial-killer market. You can dismember a body in relative silence within minutes without all the pesky 2-cycle smoke and unwanted attention a running chainsaw brings...

...but you're saying that Sthil is the tits, though...I'll check it out. Thanks!
i have stihl weed eater and chainsaw. top notch.

also, you need to work on your wingding game for GMT thread titles.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Also... yard work sucks.
My plan for the day. Gotta get on it before the afternoon monsoon hits.

vacuuming a gallon of water out of the Jeep.
Perhaps they have changed, but most jeeps I'm familiar with have rubber plugs underneath the carpet to let out water in event of a flooding. Hang carpets, pull plugs, Jeep drys itself.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello FFS! I ran 7 miles at the track last night on my gimpy ankle. 7:00 avg pace. It hurt but never got any worse, so I will continue to run and ride on said injury until it goes away. I did run at the track because it would have been easy to bail, so at least there is that. The bottom side of my foot is all black and blue. Groovy. I rolled my ankle Saturday in case anyone was wondering which I will assume you are not but I'm going to tell you anyway.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Mine remains rust free, though I suppose that might not remain the case were I living on the east coast.
Right you are. We have a 20 year old Subaru with one tiny spot of surface rust that it has had since it was new-ish. It has never spread...

Minivan is 15 years old and has a few bits of surface rust as well - but again, no spread.

Both still have original exhaust systems as well.

High Desert FTW!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Perhaps they have changed, but most jeeps I'm familiar with have rubber plugs underneath the carpet to let out water in event of a flooding. Hang carpets, pull plugs, Jeep drys itself.
Drain plugs were pulled to release most of the standing water. Carpeting was shop-vac'ed to expedite the drying process. Pulling carpet didn't seem as easy it you would think, given all the crappy plastic trim bits everywhere that it's tucked under/behind. Wasn't going to break a zillion panel retainers and have forever floppy trim for drying purposes. (no context thread?)

I would love to remove all the carpeting and Line-X the entire interior of the tub, but from what I've seen the effort doesn't justify the results, at least at this point in my life.

Owning a vehicle in NE and expecting it not to rust is daft at best.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Green curry, rice, lots of broccoli, some of those peppers from my garden and a vegetable spinach wrap for dinner last night. I'm about to pummel the toilet into submission.

Not sure what is up with my one buddy, he is coming up to the ride night tonight, but is choosing to come hiking instead of bringing his bike. :monkey: Poor bikes...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Interesting meeting with a director who has been trying to get me onto his team, but having trouble justifying it to sr. mgmt. Looking to do a few proof-of-theory type projects and if we are correct in our conservative assumptions, the numbers would completely justify me moving to his team with a notable pay raise. My hat is still going in for the other position, so this is putting a surprising amount of urgency onto the new project. We'll see how that plays out.

Otherwise, I think our cat is in it's death throes, but Wifey isn't acknowledging it. She currently weighs 9# and was 14# just 6 months ago, she can't control her bladder, hair is getting matted and greasy, etc. It's getting ugly and I can't dump a ton of money into keeping her alive.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Otherwise, I think our cat is in it's death throes, but Wifey isn't acknowledging it. She currently weighs 9# and was 14# just 6 months ago, she can't control her bladder, hair is getting matted and greasy, etc. It's getting ugly and I can't dump a ton of money into keeping her alive.
upload_2017-7-26_12-20-29.png

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Don't worry - eventually it'll die under your bed. Hopefully YOU find the body and not the wife. Don't ask me how I know this. :dead: