Quantcast

Wednesday GMT

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
She's $4k in ytd. If she's on the way out, I'm not dropping another $4k onto it.
You'd be much better off saying that if she's on the way out you don't want to prolong her suffering and it might be time to put her down. You'll at least come off as compassionate that way.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am still in Hawaii. Rode a horse yesterday. Watching kids today as the others head south to Pearl Harbor (been there, done that, kids far too young to get it).

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Hiked in the Bridger mtns this morning. Three miles in 3k foot elevation gain. Trail was super Rocky and rough, but the pay off was scouting an area that we found perfect for mule deer and Franklin's grouse.

Nice and secluded with little evidence of people. Definitely a hike in the night before area.
IMG956453.jpg

Lil pre season stalk on this girl, got to 25 yards before she moved off. Hour later she was still in the same area.

IMG956444_2.jpg

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Morning Monkies! My only news is that I was stung by a bee that got caught under the chin strap of my helmet yesterday. It was at the top of my cheek near the ear. Only hurt for 5 minutes so much better than butthurt that can go on for days.
This reminds me to bum a cigarette from a smoker to carry in my pack just for such occasions. If you moisten some of the tobacco and place it on the sting with a band-aid, the nicotine will neutralize the toxin and reduce swelling. Something my grandmother showed me when I was little.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
how much did you spend on your ///M / Vanos saga? ie an inanimate non-living object.
You'd be much better off saying that if she's on the way out you don't want to prolong her suffering and it might be time to put her down. You'll at least come off as compassionate that way.
What Tim says here. She looks miserable and has looked that way for months. She can't even jump on the couch now. The last time we went to the vet, the 'solution' lasted a month. She's dying, but Wifey just won't accept it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Don't worry - eventually it'll die under your bed. Hopefully YOU find the body and not the wife. Don't ask me how I know this. :dead:
Ugh... this is how our cat went. Found her under the bed, not dead yet, but clearly under severe medical duress. Had I found a person in that condition they'd have left in an ambulance. That was shitty.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Went to our version of the DMV to renew my driver's license and my health card. Kind of a hassle, but at least it only happens once every ten years.

Had a good ride this morning. Was supposed to be testing a Salsa Redpoint, but the rear tire was pooched so I couldn't try it out. Swung by the shop, and the owner let me pick out a new tire. DHR II it is then! (none of the schwalbe crap).

Brought the boys to soccer.

Not the most productive day, but a good day nonetheless.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Hiked in the Bridger mtns this morning. Three miles in 3k foot elevation gain. Trail was super Rocky and rough, but the pay off was scouting an area that we found perfect for mule deer and Franklin's grouse.

Nice and secluded with little evidence of people. Definitely a hike in the night before area. View attachment 125954
Lil pre season stalk on this girl, got to 25 yards before she moved off. Hour later she was still in the same area.

View attachment 125955
Haha you're like my brother. Lets go to the most remote place possible and kill large animals... It will be fun said Jim never...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Bike has been serviced. Blue stuff put in shock. All cleaned up and ready to rock. Used up pads replaced with not so used up pads. Battery charged. Parts from Cygo arrived via mail.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Interesting meeting with a director who has been trying to get me onto his team, but having trouble justifying it to sr. mgmt. Looking to do a few proof-of-theory type projects and if we are correct in our conservative assumptions, the numbers would completely justify me moving to his team with a notable pay raise. My hat is still going in for the other position, so this is putting a surprising amount of urgency onto the new project. We'll see how that plays out.

Otherwise, I think our cat is in it's death throes, but Wifey isn't acknowledging it. She currently weighs 9# and was 14# just 6 months ago, she can't control her bladder, hair is getting matted and greasy, etc. It's getting ugly and I can't dump a ton of money into keeping her alive.
Sounds like diabetes. Pretty common in cats. They are true carnivores are are adapted to a pure meat diet, then we go and feed them carbs. Kidneys go nuts trying to filter out all the extra sugar in their blood. They piss in great quantities and have issues controlling it. They slowly starve because they piss out all their calories. A change in diet to pretty much pure protein can help.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, I LOVE my fucking new bike. Was cleaning things I normally don't. Did a 20 mile, 2500 ft ride. Few things...32/50 fucking ROCKS. I didn't even fall over! The bike is harder to wheelie, but I think I just need more time on it. Ideally it could be 5mm or so shorter,but I'll take it for the DH stability. If I lived back east or in St. George (lots of punchy up and overs/ledges) it might not be just the right bike for my arm length.
I don't absolutely love the Float 36...yet. I haven't really messed with it. I'll spend this season on it though, and see how it goes. I still kinda want a Pike dual air. TBD...

That's all for now...

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sounds like diabetes. Pretty common in cats. They are true carnivores are are adapted to a pure meat diet, then we go and feed them carbs. Kidneys go nuts trying to filter out all the extra sugar in their blood. They piss in great quantities and have issues controlling it. They slowly starve because they piss out all their calories. A change in diet to pretty much pure protein can help.
Interesting... I'll bring that up with the vet on Friday.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So, I LOVE my fucking new bike. Was cleaning things I normally don't. Did a 20 mile, 2500 ft ride. Few things...32/50 fucking ROCKS. I didn't even fall over! The bike is harder to wheelie, but I think I just need more time on it. Ideally it could be 5mm or so shorter,but I'll take it for the DH stability. If I lived back east or in St. George (lots of punchy up and overs/ledges) it might not be just the right bike for my arm length.
I don't absolutely love the Float 36...yet. I haven't really messed with it. I'll spend this season on it though, and see how it goes. I still kinda want a Pike dual air. TBD...

That's all for now...
Nice!. I think you are experiencing the same issue I was having with the Fox. It just doesn't quite feel right. Can't place it, but just not quite right.