Quantcast

***wednesday GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Wife is in Florida for five days, so it's just me, the dog, and the two cats. I have to adjust my schedule so the dog is not left alone for 12 hours all day.

I've got two races this weekend...a 10K Saturday that I will run hard, and a 17 miler Sunday that I will not run hard. $7 total in registration fees. Sweet!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ride night. Looks like its going to be cold and possibly snowing.

Still in a tiff with one of the local bike clubs, who keeps having the trails (on public land) removed from TrailForks, including some that I've personally mapped out. Its a big area with many road crossings, so a map that shows your exact GPS point can be very handy. But nope, they refuse and say to use theirs; which requires you to not only find the map on their site, register and logon to it and in the end it doesn't even have GPS interactivity. Why would they not use an awesome tool that is completely free like TrailForks? Its not like these are some super uber secret private trails.....its all public? :banghead:

Anyways..... Coffee it right meow.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Maine has been stuck in this weather pattern of Snow a little bit, then Rain a whole bunch and then freeze solid. Makes everything outside not nearly as much fun as it could be. Gonna stay soft this afternoon so I will go and ride it on my fat bike.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
Corporate and a contractor will be here today. Finally going to renovate the office/clubhouse so that these college kids feel like they're back home in California but I got the new back flow installed for the spa and replaced all the cracked pipes that burst over the holidays!

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Corporate and a contractor will be here today. Finally going to renovate the office/clubhouse so that these college kids feel like they're back home in California but I got the new back flow installed for the spa and replaced all the cracked pipes that burst over the holidays!
is this at work?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Not working today. Dropping off middle kid at preschool then ferrying elder kid to private IQ testing, more or less. Then snow tires for the Tesla—went with Hankooks because realistically how many years will I have this for anyway? :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

This wind is crazy. Found out I am extended until August, maybe longer. I would rather get converted, but a paycheck is nice in general.

Buddy just scored a rental minutes from Post Canyon and I am jelly. I hope the market stays afloat this summer and we can sell. I would love to relocate to the woods.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Upset tummy this morning. Had to drag my arse to work, and now I feel like chit. It was a slushy commute in, but at least the boys were good in getting ready and walking to school.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Still in a tiff with one of the local bike clubs, who keeps having the trails (on public land) removed from TrailForks, including some that I've personally mapped out. Its a big area with many road crossings, so a map that shows your exact GPS point can be very handy. But nope, they refuse and say to use theirs; which requires you to not only find the map on their site, register and logon to it and in the end it doesn't even have GPS interactivity. Why would they not use an awesome tool that is completely free like TrailForks? Its not like these are some super uber secret private trails.....its all public? :banghead:

Are the trails unsanctioned?

Control freaks...

then just keep posting them. f that bike club.
And maybe automate it...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
My tongue is burnt from the 4...4! pieces of pineapple I ate yesterday. wtf.
server here is slooooooooowwwww & pulling footage & art off is bogus.
will prolly be posting lots cuz of it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

While landscaping yesterday, I had a granite countertop remnant tip over and fall, edge first, onto then down my shin. That felt great. So did the hog of a splinter I got from the pickaxe that required some minor surgery to dig out of my finger.

On the move again today, then up to VT tomorrow. Gonna bring a blow up mattress so we don’t have to sleep in the camper when it’s -11F out.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
honestly, it might be worth reaching out to the TF team and explain the situation... these are public trails and a private ride club is overstepping their bounds
I have...

PB Guy said:
They actually emailed up last week and were bitching about some of their trails being visible. We have been back and forth in email even contacted the county and they would prefer the trails not be on TF as well.

We also had to hide the trails in the Amos tract, which is the top corner of Copeland.

Anyways as it stands now we will not be adding any of their trails.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am big fans of Lunch and Another One.

One of the owners of MBC is an avid cyclist. They sponsor a lot of trail work days and other cycling events close to their brewery.
yea i've been to their brewery a few times. it's a rad setup. i also like Mo and Peeper.

random story - when wife and i were in the hospital for the birth of our daughter (2017) there was a brick oven pizza place a block from the hospital. they randomly had peeper on draft. extra tasty.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Someone just asked about Microsoft sql licencing on skype.

I replied with the barf smiley and am now locking my computer and going for a walk. FTS.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Cutting back on beer consumption; might even stop for a while.
i have been trying to cutback a bit too. tried wine (meh), tried G&T (not sure that 2 per night is any better than beer). So I switched to small cans. a local brewery cans their beer in small cans. their beer is good, so it's a win-win.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Cutting back on beer consumption; might even stop for a while.
i have been trying to cutback a bit too. tried wine (meh), tried G&T (not sure that 2 per night is any better than beer). So I switched to small cans. a local brewery cans their beer in small cans. their beer is good, so it's a win-win.
I've all but quit drinking and I've not felt better in the longest time. Sleeping great, losing weight, mellow head. I'll still enjoy a beer or a wine from time to time, but my days of regular drinking are over.