Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
A lady who aggressively changed lane then continued directly into my lane and where I was so I was only saved by decent Volvo handling and no cars in the lane left of me so I could move over. A couple of scary seconds in the car. I need to be even more alert next time I see aggressive driving like that and make sure I have an escape planned.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
This morning has been a total shit show and its barely 10am.

I woke up and found that a manager had sent a meeting invite for 8am. Sure no problem, but don't send the invite for it at 11pm the night before. wtf mate?

It snowed quite a bit over night, which judging from the lack of snow plowing being done, no one was expecting it. It took me an hour to go 7km. wtf mate?

I pushed back the meeting this morning because of the traffic and get on the webex. Had to use WebEx's shitty remote control feature to access this persons computer all the way over in China. Only to discover they are not on our work network; so there we go, lets make another hop and VPN into a city no where close to them. Oh and then lets RDP to a computer from over there, back to friggin' Toronto. wtf mate?

And now I get to have a coffee. HELL Fin YEAH.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Why do short weeks feel WAY too long? I seem to be having network issues, I should call it a day and try fresh tomorrow. Ugh.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
A lady who aggressively changed lane then continued directly into my lane and where I was so I was only saved by decent Volvo handling and no cars in the lane left of me so I could move over. A couple of scary seconds in the car. I need to be even more alert next time I see aggressive driving like that and make sure I have an escape planned.
One of my big take aways from my first motorcycle class was "leave yourself an out" and I use that in my commute daily.

For whatever reason, folks like to be in front of me. No matter my speed or distance from the car in front of me, folks just NEED to pass me. I tend to stay in the right lane unless actually passing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. New glasses came in last night; still getting used to them. I can for sure read better, but they are a bit warped around the fringe as the lens is slightly curved.

Had a really good conversation with a buddy who helps me out with Haley's skiing last night. He was a 25 year ski racer, so he picks out the little details of bad habits to try and nix early. I got a long video of her on Sunday because he likes to get periodic updates of her. He pointed out that her boots aren't flexing enough, so we need to loosen there (things you don't know when you are not an advanced skier). And this should mean something to the skier folk, but apparently the way she turns is really weird for her age in that she articulates her inside knee up to keep both skis on the slope. Given her boots don't flex, it looks like she's turning (and generally well) on just straight power. Then her flip side is that she pivots during her turns, which she probably picked up from me, unfortunately.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. New glasses came in last night; still getting used to them. I can for sure read better, but they are a bit warped around the fringe as the lens is slightly curved.

Had a really good conversation with a buddy who helps me out with Haley's skiing last night. He was a 25 year ski racer, so he picks out the little details of bad habits to try and nix early. I got a long video of her on Sunday because he likes to get periodic updates of her. He pointed out that her boots aren't flexing enough, so we need to loosen there (things you don't know when you are not an advanced skier). And this should mean something to the skier folk, but apparently the way she turns is really weird for her age in that she articulates her inside knee up to keep both skis on the slope. Given her boots don't flex, it looks like she's turning (and generally well) on just straight power. Then her flip side is that she pivots during her turns, which she probably picked up from me, unfortunately.
Man... this sorta horseshit would take all the fun out of skiing for me. Remind me never to allow any video to be taken to present to any ski racers any time soon.

:D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I brought my laptop home yesterday because I had to bring the boy to the orthodontist at 11 today. I figured it would be easier to work from home in the morning. turns out it was the right call. It's been nuking all day (easily 12" since yesterday) and it's warming up. The roads are ridiculously slippery. it's supposed to warm up and turn to rain tonight too. :rant:all this beautiful fresh fluffy snow is going to go to shit. >:(

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Man... this sorta horseshit would take all the fun out of skiing for me. Remind me never to allow any video to be taken to present to any ski racers any time soon.

:D
Then I tell her to show me something cool and she tries to ski backwards or find a jump, so...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

this is the equivalent of being the soccer mom that yell's at the other team's parents when they're 5.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I started watching the new Lost in Space on the Netflix during my trainer workouts. I like it so far...love the Robot character. Westworld season 2 pissed me off.