Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Is it Friday yet?

It's been 50+ degrees here the past 2 days. Any hopes for snowboard this weekend will be dashed by the oncoming rain over the next few days.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
my pops found my real birth certificate, so now I can successfully renew my driver's license, because those darn ILLEGALS are preventing me from renewing it online.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
48 and sunny yesterday afternoon called for me skipping out of work early enough to knock some road miles. Now it is back to a frozen waste land.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Found out the people who bought our house this past June are already selling. My spidey senses tell me they will be losing lots and lots of money.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

24 freedoms this AM, brrr. Clear and nice drive in, but 84 West was a shit show. Possible snow mix forecast for the weekend, thanks Canada. Ducked out early Monday and Tuesday, so I need to stay late and fake care. Yay.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mornin!

Found out the people who bought our house this past June are already selling. My spidey senses tell me they will be losing lots and lots of money.
You don't think they can at least break even? Here is the zombie house stats:
$175k at auction (was empty for 5 years) flipped for $225k
Sold a year later for $215k (divorce)
Sold 6 months later for $210k (divorce)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Nope. Whatever profit they stood to make will get eaten up by real estate fees, closing costs, concessions, and capital gains tax. I can’t possibly see that math working out for them.

Maybe not? Housing is doing a lot of things around here... but going DOWN is not one of them. :)
According to the valuation charts, we sold one month off the peak value. It’s gone down since then. For comparison sake, I found a house no more than a mile away from our old place that’s only $7K more but has 900 sqft more and is just as updated.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
19" OVERNIGHT at Alta. 52" storm total... 12-16 today, 4-7 tonight.

Guess I'd better get packed. :homer:
Negotiations have begun. Found some reasonably priced flights in and out, but the times are less than reasonable. Arrive in SLC at 7:45am on Saturday, fly out 5:15am on Monday. Would be two days of skiing with you blokes though, I'll call you to discuss.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Are you getting the federal ID one?
new MA rules say you need birth identification (passport or BC for MERICANS, passport or foreign BC for ILLEGALS) regardless of what ID you get. For an extra auto insurance bill, I can get the real ID, so fuck it.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
People who drive off-road vehicles in the downtown core (you know, where there's a lot of roads...) and honk at cyclists can eat a bag of dicks.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Nope. Whatever profit they stood to make will get eaten up by real estate fees, closing costs, concessions, and capital gains tax. I can’t possibly see that math working out for them.

According to the valuation charts, we sold one month off the peak value. It’s gone down since then. For comparison sake, I found a house no more than a mile away from our old place that’s only $7K more but has 900 sqft more and is just as updated.
SCHADENFREUDE!! :D

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Homes in my hood are definitely on the back side of the bell curve. House very similar to ours went on the market about 36 hours ago, cant wait to how much it doesnt go for as compared to the one that sold 18 nonths ago for 15k over asking.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Started snowing around 8:10 here. By the time I drove home from dropping off the second kid about 10 minutes ago roads were already quite slippery. Whatever fell was just right to coat them with a layer of snot.

Probably for the best that I bailed on heading up to Copper—would have been an I-70 shitshow both ways and I had to get back in time for afternoon pickup.

An inside day it shall be.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Negotiations have begun. Found some reasonably priced flights in and out, but the times are less than reasonable. Arrive in SLC at 7:45am on Saturday, fly out 5:15am on Monday. Would be two days of skiing with you blokes though, I'll call you to discuss.
You know... if you were to actually make this happen, it would be... awesome.

For the record - our tentative plans are to depart SLC after skiing Sunday and go to Glenwood to soak and then ski Highlands on Monday. :homer:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
drove down in a frozen cloud & expected to pop out of it before i hit the flats but nope. its even down here.
Grinding until 330 then yoga & apres soak & steam.
I need all three.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
People who drive off-road vehicles in the downtown core (you know, where there's a lot of roads...) and honk at cyclists can eat a bag of dicks.
You were on a road bike or a mountain bike? Just checking.... ;)

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
So two years ago karla steam cleaned the digital face on the oven and broke it. We spent some time trying to fix it and it would work a little for a while. Then beeping error code. So I told her since she did it and it was stupid, she needed to order the parts or a new oven, as i had just ordered and fixed a bunch of stuff in the fridge she broke. She finally ordered a oven and i installed it two weeks ago. This morning she left a soping wet rag on the new one and now its acting crazy. Got it apart now hoping to dry out the circuit board. FTS. She isnt ever gunna live this down.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So two years ago karla steam cleaned the digital face on the oven and broke it. We spent some time trying to fix it and it would work a little for a while. Then beeping error code. So I told her since she did it and it was stupid, she needed to order the parts or a new oven, as i had just ordered and fixed a bunch of stuff in the fridge she broke. She finally ordered a oven and i installed it two weeks ago. This morning she left a soping wet rag on the new one and now its acting crazy. Got it apart now hoping to dry out the circuit board. FTS. She isnt ever gunna live this down.
i instituted a "you break it you fix it" policy with my wife after she hit my car while it was parked in the driveway, twice.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Homes in my hood are definitely on the back side of the bell curve. House very similar to ours went on the market about 36 hours ago, cant wait to how much it doesnt go for as compared to the one that sold 18 nonths ago for 15k over asking.
There is a house on the corner that was one of the OG models for this hood. It had a lot of upgrades, but a tiny yard and it's a busy corner. They listed it at $410k, about $100k higher than anything else.

It closed in under 2 months for $390k, we would be happy to get $320k for our place. But I think it has turned here, too. Might be here until the next wave.