Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So two years ago karla steam cleaned the digital face on the oven and broke it. We spent some time trying to fix it and it would work a little for a while. Then beeping error code. So I told her since she did it and it was stupid, she needed to order the parts or a new oven, as i had just ordered and fixed a bunch of stuff in the fridge she broke. She finally ordered a oven and i installed it two weeks ago. This morning she left a soping wet rag on the new one and now its acting crazy. Got it apart now hoping to dry out the circuit board. FTS. She isnt ever gunna live this down.
I am sure you know this, but put it in some dry rice.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
First my PC committed a mandatory reboot for windows update that I could not stop. Then it was updating for 2 hrs. Later it entered an endless "Undoing changes" boot loop. Now the disk is being formatted and fresh OS installed by IT. I feel good for breaking something today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
So two years ago karla steam cleaned the digital face on the oven and broke it. We spent some time trying to fix it and it would work a little for a while. Then beeping error code. So I told her since she did it and it was stupid, she needed to order the parts or a new oven, as i had just ordered and fixed a bunch of stuff in the fridge she broke. She finally ordered a oven and i installed it two weeks ago. This morning she left a soping wet rag on the new one and now its acting crazy. Got it apart now hoping to dry out the circuit board. FTS. She isnt ever gunna live this down.
I like my old-fashioned 20+ years old US-made appliances in my old looking kitchen. I like them better when reading stories like yours.
My dishwasher from 1970s still runs like new.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am sure you know this, but put it in some dry rice.
i've saved several phones and tablets this way.

if you have this issue routinely you can buy desiccants from amazon that work WAY better. you can reuse it by baking it in the oven (depending on material) to cook the moisture out.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXVXCWX/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01LXVXCWX&pd_rd_w=2jW78&pf_rd_p=2bd81721-c115-4b8d-93a3-2ecd17466ded&pd_rd_wg=l6OC9&pf_rd_r=DCF2Z59NW1ARVB31J2P3&pd_rd_r=7fbb24d4-2a42-11e9-a1a9-5ba6a64d0911

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Video review went great. FTS. Going home now.
Lets see what kinda shit show 36 is gonna be. :rolleyes:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Filled up with 94 octane tonight for 88 cents a liter. Apparently Toronto is out of regular gas. Meh...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
My shed today...

And the avy analysis:

AVALANCHE ADVISORY
Since Saturday morning over four feet of snow, containing approximately 3.9 inches of snow water equivalency fell in the upper elevations of the Tetons and over two feet of snow and two inches of water fell at the lower elevations. Many natural avalanches have occurred of varying size over the last two days and although the snowfall has mostly ended, a possibility continues for natural avalanches to occur today at all elevations and on all aspects. Examples of reported natural activity includes slides on Mount Hunt, the Pyramid, Black Tail Butte and a west facing slope over the Teton Science School that impacted a parking lot. Skiers or riders who venture into steep avalanche terrain are likely to trigger slides involving recently formed slabs that have the potential to involve older snow layers. Yesterday, during High danger, a snowbaorder triggered a slide and was carried a long distance in the Mile Long Couloir in Granite Canyon. An inter-agency rescue effort, including GTNP Rangers, was able to remove the injured person who was not buried in the event. The rescue was challenging given the many slide paths that can impact the area during a big storm. Dangerous avalanche conditions exist and similar human triggered events could occur today. Cautious route finding and conservative decision making is essential today and recreationalists are urged to consider impacts to rescuers and friends as well as their own safety. The sensitivity of these unstable slabs may increase today in areas where they are loaded by west to northwest winds or in areas that may rapidly warm during periods of partial clearing.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
After putting my back into it and giving it a good plowing I reckon it was well over 6”. I may be a bit sore tomorrow. Had another round at it after dinner even.

[/out of context quote]