Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Messed something up in my wrist last night, while plugging a hole in one of my cars tires from a screw stuck in it. Sharp shooting pain if I lean or push on my palm and my thumb and index finger are tingling. Ugh... needless to say, not riding with the buddies tonight.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee is starting to kick in and I am not even 1/4 of the way through my mug. Major win. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Living room decluttering this morning. Tossing old dog beds and putting away some camping gear then it's off to traffic hell for 8 hours

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
here's a question for you tactful monkeys:
I went to a bar the other night and left a little more than a 20% tip on mediocre but not bad service. The bartender put the tip in as 31%, $9 instead of the $6 I intended. I assume an honest mistake.

My credit card company flagged the transaction but doesn't provide an easy resolution. I am headed back to the restaurant this evening. Do I call the card company and have them sort it out, call the restaurant and have them sort it out, or just talk to them when I arrive and ask for like a $3 discount? $3 isn't that big of a deal, but that place is wicked expensive and I don't want to overpay twice.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I went to a bar the other night and left a little more than a 20% tip on mediocre but not bad service. The bartender put the tip in as 31%, $9 instead of the $6 I intended. I assume an honest mistake.

My credit card company flagged the transaction but doesn't provide an easy resolution. I am headed back to the restaurant this evening. Do I call the card company and have them sort it out, call the restaurant and have them sort it out, or just talk to them when I arrive and ask for like a $3 discount? $3 isn't that big of a deal, but that place is wicked expensive and I don't want to overpay twice.
just go to a different restaurant? if it's that expensive and the bartender is trying to bilk you i'd say fuck them.

Dirtrider

noah
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC

I'd bring it up with the restaurant first. I would think they might just take the difference off next bill...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England

Go down to that restaurant, demand to speak with the owner, and accept nothing less than the bartender being FIRED. Then leave a bad Yelp review.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I'd just let it go and not go back to that restaurant. My time is more valuable to me than spending a half hour on the phone and driving to the restaurant trying to resolve a $3 overcharge.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Took my car to the Subaru dealer yesterday because all of the warning lights went on and then went off a day later and I was all WTF. The code that was tripped says it's some fuel sensor but Subaru says there is nothing wrong and could have just been because of the oil change I got the day before the lights went on. So the salesperson came out and they want to take my old car and give me a new car and just extend the payments. It'd be nice to reset that odometer to zero after putting on 80K miles in three years. And actually, literally as I type this, it occurs to me that the warning lights probably went off just to get me to the dealer to sell me a new car. GOD DAMMIT! But, I (via my wife) told them to make me a firm offer and we can talk.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
'Morning. Took my car to the Subaru dealer yesterday because all of the warning lights went on and then went off a day later and I was all WTF. The code that was tripped says it's some fuel sensor but Subaru says there is nothing wrong and could have just been because of the oil change I got the day before the lights went on. So the salesperson came out and they want to take my old car and give me a new car and just extend the payments. It'd be nice to reset that odometer to zero after putting on 80K miles in three years. And actually, literally as I type this, it occurs to me that the warning lights probably went off just to get me to the dealer to sell me a new car. GOD DAMMIT! But, I (via my wife) told them to make me a firm offer and we can talk.
you can tell them to fuck off. i get emails and letters all the time asking us to trade up. the problem is they're constantly low on used inventory.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Go down to that restaurant, demand to speak with the owner, and accept nothing less than the bartender being FIRED. Then leave a bad Yelp review.
You forgot that he needs to make it clear to the manager that he's a social media influencer on RideMonkey and none of his followers will likely head to the restaurant either.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

Unless it happens repeatedly I say forget it. If you like the place still go there if you don't then don't. 3$ is not something that should ruin your day so unless it happens on a regular basis it's just an honest mistake. It happens. Working in a bar is hard work. I don't assume ill will unless I have solid proof.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Unless it happens repeatedly I say forget it. If you like the place still go there if you don't then don't. 3$ is not something that should ruin your day so unless it happens on a regular basis it's just an honest mistake. It happens. Working in a bar is hard work. I don't assume ill will unless I have solid proof.
on the flip side, if the bar tender is skimming like this on the regular, a lot of people are gonna be out money.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
you can tell them to fuck off. i get emails and letters all the time asking us to trade up. the problem is they're constantly low on used inventory.
:stupid:
The Honda dealer calls about the wife's car all the time. Maybe in another year or 2 when the extended warranty is up.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

If it requires a phone call or visit in person I'd forget it and not go there again.

But if you can resolve it online with the credit card company in a minute or two I'd explain that it was $6 indeed and then let them sort it out.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I was not planning on working, but I am the backup person and someone's kid is sick. So here we go.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That's why I always write in the total with tip. No way for them to mess with it
I did...I have shitty handwriting so I'm guessing the bartender just mistook my 35 for a 38 and didn't pay attention to the 6.00 under tip. I don't think it was intentional, but it's just a little annoying. I'll try and call the credit card company and see what they say. That's like their job or whatever, right?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I think they were scheduled for 2 more days of interviews, so I might not hear back from them until Friday. I don't like the wait, but I feel good about it and I know I did what I could to convince them.

This gig is such a unique opportunity. It's like a startup, but with huge corporate benefits and deep financial backing. They said that day to day hasn't changed since they were bought, but the list of perks was big.

12% bonus
6% 401k match
$8k for school
$1k drone allowance

I stopped listening after that. :rofl: