Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, pretties. I was up early this morning for some some glorious EXERCISE. I've got my annual review at 2:00 today, which will be a phone call with my boss. I'm fine if he just e-mails me the review form and asks me to sign it. I don't need a conversation about it. I don't even need a review. Really, I just want to come into work every day and be left alone. I am pretty sure my rating will be "Exceeds Expectations" because somehow I have everyone here tricked into thinking I am good at my job.
Update: So my boss texted me and asked if it was a good time to talk. I said he can just e-mail me the form and I'll look it over and sign it, and he is cool with that. Score!!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wouldn't it just be easier to...ya know...pedal uphill ?

:D
I do pedal uphill! If riding on my own I maintain about the same heart rate/exertion as I would on an acoustic bike. I just am 3 gears higher while doing so.

More fun for a given ride time == win in my book.

(My commuter bike is unpowered, for the record.)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Read somewhere the other day that backpacking burns about 550 calories per hour. Next year I'll be burning 5500-6600 calories per day. Average weight loss for an AT thru hiker is 30 pounds. It is tempting to fatten up this winter.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'd give it a try, at least to 48 hours to see how you feel. At 72 hours or so one can get some loose, mucusy poops, posited to represent old caked-on shit breaking loose (but who really knows?). Before that it's a period of peace and tranquility. Bowel rest is a real thing.
Can confirm. It's sort of 'refreshing' to feel empty and just not really have any food in your system. IME, hunger really has been way more of a mental thing than I thought it was. I haven't really been fasting as much as of late, with pretty heavy gym days most of the week, but it is definitely a good reset. If you don't obsess over it and keep busy during times when you usually eat, it's really not as difficult as it sounds.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Visit at one of our facilities from another product group was cool. They've developed and maintained their own erp/mes system over the last two decades. It was also very cool to see a facility of that size, over 1 million square feet. Some of transfer presses in the building are beyond huge. They shake the concrete foundation... and they move at an astonishing pace.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Visit at one of our facilities from another product group was cool. They've developed and maintained their own erp/mes system over the last two decades. It was also very cool to see a facility of that size, over 1 million square feet. Some of transfer presses in the building are beyond huge. They shake the concrete foundation... and they move at an astonishing pace.

The project I just finished covered about 250,000 square feet of factory floor. :(