Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

The time had come to get some new electrical tools, so I went out and acquired a Milwaukee M12 soldering iron, drill, and driver. It was cheaper to buy those two tools to get batteries than to get one separately. Should pair nicely with the cordless heat gun brown santa is dropping off today.

All this should pair nicely with the electrical stuffs I shall be installing in my truck shortly.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
what'd you wind up with?
easton ec90sl cranks. I didn't want another cinch interface setup so I'd have more control over chainring spacing, but apparently you can only get SRAM's flattop chain compatible chainrings from SRAM and wolftooth. I'd have to spend $85 on a chainring no matter what, so I may as well get what's balls-out light rather than what saves max money. The EC90 cranks are virtually single-speed only (you can get a spider I think) and they save at least 150g over the Rotor cranks I wanted. They were also about $150 more expensive, but can you really put a price on dick measuring?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
IT guys got my computer back, didn't load any software, didn't set up my connection to our servers, and I used to have Windows 10 that looked and functioned like Windows 7, now I have normal derpy windows 10 and no longer have administrative credentials on my machine so I can't fix it. Maybe wait to see if any vendors bring food and then go home early?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
easton ec90sl cranks. I didn't want another cinch interface setup so I'd have more control over chainring spacing, but apparently you can only get SRAM's flattop chain compatible chainrings from SRAM and wolftooth. I'd have to spend $85 on a chainring no matter what, so I may as well get what's balls-out light rather than what saves max money. The EC90 cranks are virtually single-speed only (you can get a spider I think) and they save at least 150g over the Rotor cranks I wanted. They were also about $150 more expensive, but can you really put a price on dick measuring?
These are on a mtn bike or a road bike?

(I really need to start paying attention)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
nice. looking forward to seeing the build when it's complete.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
These are on a mtn bike or a road bike?

(I really need to start paying attention)
road...building up a 3T strada. I'm finding road biking easier to get done (less driving, less negotiation of time away from the kids), so I'm going balls deep. I'm having a blast, honestly, aside from sore taint syndrome.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
road...building up a 3T strada. I'm finding road biking easier to get done (less driving, less negotiation of time away from the kids), so I'm going balls deep. I'm having a blast, honestly, aside from sore taint syndrome.
Riding straight out if the house is a winner. Im fortunate to have trails that close but yea, in a perfect situation bikes should never require cars.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i'd probably be in a similar situation however i have two highly mediocre mtb trail networks less than 10 minutes from me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have trails maybe 15 minutes away, but they are reeeeeeeeeally mediocre...like all fireroad and all embedded rock trails where you simply can't get a great ride in. I need to explore it a little bit more and see if I can get a good loop in, but man- I can duck out and ride for an hour or two and get a FANTASTIC road ride, feel great, get home shower and be ready to go in less time than it would take for me to just drive to extra-mediocre trails nearby. Plus the drivers in WASP-burbia are very curteous, and I regularly see many riders out on the roads I ride.

Wooody invited me on a trail ride this weekend- it was an hour to an hour and a half away in each direction. Two hours of driving just to get to the trail head :( when my kids are older I'll probably spend more time on the MTB, but I sadly haven't been downhilling in two years now....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
You guys are really making me appreciate where I live even more. So many miles of great trail right out my front door, and they just built a city owned pump track and dirt jumps a 15 minute ride away. Oh, and we don't get any of that bullshit frozen stuff you call snow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is the main reason I will never road ride, though it being boring AF is a close second. Why would I want to cruise on tarmac with cars when I could pedal in peace through the serene woods.
when i was in college our campus was right at the edge of the suburbs and farm country. wide open roads, rolling hills, little traffic. pretty ideal for road riding.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work. Boss has rediscovered Microsoft Planner, which is now spamming me with emails about tasks that have been assigned.

One of the guys in our riding circle is in the hospital with a lung infection of some sort. Hope he is okay!

No ride with the dudes for me tonight, as the lady friend is working late due to visiting her dad in the hospital this morning. I shall go home and look after the dog and maybe, just maybe, install the cranks that I purchased for the fat bike two seasons ago. Maybe.

no longer have administrative credentials on my machine so I can't fix it.
Thats probably how it all started. :busted:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I drove my car in, and suffered in traffic because something's (everything's) always under construction around here. Nevertheless, I persisted, and now I am here, reading ur inpatient CT/MR/US studiez for the day.

(I did an anaerobic burst on the rower and 30 min on the Peloton last night after rehearsal, at least.)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
when i was in college our campus was right at the edge of the suburbs and farm country. wide open roads, rolling hills, little traffic. pretty ideal for road riding.
One thing I've noticed driving around the states lately is how most of your rural roads have absolutely zero shoulder pavement. That has to be balls out scary for road riders; you're either left of the white line or in the ditch eating rhubarb.

Most roads up here have at least a little pavement to the right of the white line, which makes it a little easier when riding. But yeah still, fuck riding on the road. Too many asshats and people not paying attention. I wish towns and the cities on the outskirts of Toronto had more interconnected paths to ride on like Denver or Ottawa.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hello all. I drove my car in, and suffered in traffic because something's (everything's) always under construction around here. Nevertheless, I persisted, and now I am here, reading ur inpatient CT/MR/US studiez for the day.

(I did an anaerobic burst on the rower and 30 min on the Peloton last night after rehearsal, at least.)
sucka cager.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
One thing I've noticed driving around the states lately is how most of your rural roads have absolutely zero shoulder pavement. That has to be balls out scary for road riders; you're either left of the white line or in the ditch eating rhubarb.

Most roads up here have at least a little pavement to the right of the white line, which makes it a little easier when riding. But yeah still, fuck riding on the road. Too many asshats and people not paying attention. I wish towns and the cities on the outskirts of Toronto had more interconnected paths to ride on like Denver or Ottawa.
that was one thing about up there (upstate NY outside rochester) is that there were nice wide shoulders.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

These are what the roads look like near me. This is one I actually ride down, too. The median home price in this town topped $1million, so the drivers are a little more laid back.