Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Too early...

Just walked by an asian food shop with all sorts of baked goods and stuffed buns. I wonder if they have kare pan on store for lunch?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Day two of the trailrunning protocol. Borealis are taking their time shipping my hub.
Last day of work marathon.
10-4 roger, over.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Bonjour!

Doggo gets her stitches out tonight. Hoping that means no more cone, shes an absolute wrecking ball with that thing.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
tuned my muh drivetrain last night, AXS is the shiznit. Just need to tape my bars and off I go, onto the mean streets of metrowest boston.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hey quick question for all you bike riders out there, anybody had issues with their wrists while riding? I think I totally f'ed up my wrists skateboarding and falling on them for years. Now when I ride for a while they hurt and become numb after a while. I've tried changing positions and I take my hands off the bars a lot but even after the rides they seem to be inflamed for a while after. Looking for some options to help with it.....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Hey quick question for all you bike riders out there, anybody had issues with their wrists while riding? I think I totally f'ed up my wrists skateboarding and falling on them for years. Now when I ride for a while they hurt and become numb after a while. I've tried changing positions and I take my hands off the bars a lot but even after the rides they seem to be inflamed for a while after. Looking for some options to help with it.....
try rotating your bars to a more comfortable position. its free. what bars? width? back and up sweep?

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Having too much weight supported by your hands/upper body. Sounds counter-intuitive, but find a more supportive saddle position. Lengthen the Stem, assuming the handlebar roll is adequate for medium to long rides.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm on a bi-annual head grooming schedule.
I have not gone this long without a haircut since high school. I was just wondering what it would look like if I let it grow, since I usually keep my hair cut as short as it can get with scissors, so I decided to grow it out over the winter. Turns out it's got a Ted Danson thing going on....big and thick and not even a hint of losing any of it. Lots of grey on the sides but not as much on top. I could probably style it up into a good Wolverine look if I felt so inclined.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Having too much weight supported by your hands/upper body. Sounds counter-intuitive, but find a more supportive saddle position. Lengthen the Stem, assuming the handlebar roll is adequate for medium to long rides.
Doing some additional reading it seems like my handlebars may be a little low for my seat height. I'll start there. Thanks for the help.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I have not gone this long without a haircut since high school. I was just wondering what it would look like if I let it grow, since I usually keep my hair cut as short as it can get with scissors, so I decided to grow it out over the winter. Turns out it's got a Ted Danson thing going on....big and thick and not even a hint of losing any of it. Lots of grey on the sides but not as much on top. I could probably style it up into a good Wolverine look if I felt so inclined.
you now have a mission.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
lengthening the stem for ergonomics will also impact handling characteristics

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Doing some additional reading it seems like my handlebars may be a little low for my seat height. I'll start there. Thanks for the help.
Don't pay attention to that saddle to bar height. You want to be able to isolate and to lock your lower back in a comfortable position. Saddle-to-handlebar height would only be a match for the same rider physiology on the same length stem, same saddle to crankset etc. etc.

Try a little more stretched position, tighten that core.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Don't pay attention to that saddle to bar height. You want to be able to isolate and to lock your lower back in a comfortable position. Saddle-to-handlebar height would only be a match for the same rider physiology on the same length stem, same saddle to crankset etc. etc.

Try a little more stretched position, tighten that core.
this is bad advice for mountain biking.