Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i can't believe it's 2020 and bar tape is still the best solution for road bars.
yeah it seems pretty wacky that we're still here, but roadies are nothing if not traditional. Somebody somewhere has probably written a blog about what a "joy" it is to install new bar tape.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Forgot to take ADHD meds so I'm a lazy sack of shit today. Still missing Berlin, still fat from all the food there. Will probably buy tickets for another Stormzy concert. Lousa in less than 3 weeks, maybe til that time my ambulance chaser will send me the moneys for my enduro bike. Still not sure if I should go 160 or 140mm of travel. New bikes confuse me.

Katz

Monkey
Jun 8, 2012
Arizona
Hey quick question for all you bike riders out there, anybody had issues with their wrists while riding? I think I totally f'ed up my wrists skateboarding and falling on them for years. Now when I ride for a while they hurt and become numb after a while. I've tried changing positions and I take my hands off the bars a lot but even after the rides they seem to be inflamed for a while after. Looking for some options to help with it.....
This helped alleviating my riding-induced hand ailments.
Disregard if you already have your brake levers set at Yoann Barelli angle.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I have not gone this long without a haircut since high school. I was just wondering what it would look like if I let it grow, since I usually keep my hair cut as short as it can get with scissors, so I decided to grow it out over the winter. Turns out it's got a Ted Danson thing going on....big and thick and not even a hint of losing any of it. Lots of grey on the sides but not as much on top. I could probably style it up into a good Wolverine look if I felt so inclined.
Ain't styling it. I"m just going from #2 clip to whatever length and shape it is 6 months later. I'm at that ripe age of no shit given.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Hey quick question for all you bike riders out there, anybody had issues with their wrists while riding? I think I totally f'ed up my wrists skateboarding and falling on them for years. Now when I ride for a while they hurt and become numb after a while. I've tried changing positions and I take my hands off the bars a lot but even after the rides they seem to be inflamed for a while after. Looking for some options to help with it.....
Face planted an 8 foot chute 2 years ago. Still can't do regular pushups (hands flat on floor) and get some wrist pain on uber long ride. It took 3-4 months before I could do 6-7 miles ride without too much pain.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morningish Monkeys.

One thing I have noticed since getting a 3rd dog is the amount of poop that comes with it. Oddly enough, my wife's dog now poops at least twice while on walkies. Abbey has pooped less than a half dozen times while on walkies. Indy has gone a few times, now. But Hank has now increased to at least twice. I now carry at least 5 bags with me, because you never know.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone have a good resource for a smoothie-based diet? We might be able to take the feeding tube out of my 7 y.o. following his mishap, as soon as today. But he's going to have to remain on a fluid-based diet (no solids yet).

We have a Ninja at home, so should be able to make his some healthy blended meals, but I feel like my staple of frozen fruit-kale-yoghurt-hemp hearts-chia seeds is going to get long in the tooth fairly quickly. Plus, I'm not sure that is actually a full meal. I'm just guessing.

I imagine there are plenty of people out there who can only feed on liquids. They must have on-line resources somewhere?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Anyone have a good resource for a smoothie-based diet? We might be able to take the feeding tube out of my 7 y.o. following his mishap, as soon as today. But he's going to have to remain on a fluid-based diet (no solids yet).

We have a Ninja at home, so should be able to make his some healthy blended meals, but I feel like my staple of frozen fruit-kale-yoghurt-hemp hearts-chia seeds is going to get long in the tooth fairly quickly. Plus, I'm not sure that is actually a full meal. I'm just guessing.

I imagine there are plenty of people out there who can only feed on liquids. They must have on-line resources somewhere?
You could make your usual recipe and add a high protein Ensure or equivalent?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Most meetings cancelled today. Giddy. Filled up my notebook so using the time to transfer my core information into my new notebook.

Had the State Farm "uh... Khakis" conversation with Wifey last night. I sent my admin a copy of Bullet Journal and a notebook around Christmas as a thank you for helping me so much and because she was complaining about keeping track of the stacks of sticky notes she was accruing from projects we were giving her. Out of left field I got a "Why did you send your colleague a Bullet Journal and notebook? Can't she buy her own?" and was like "...uh ...because it will help make sure she doesn't lose track of things I give her?" That however was not a sufficient answer and all I could think of was "Jake, from State Farm", which is not the right response. Thankfully MIL piped in and mentioned that I had said, when I bought it, that I was getting it specifically for that reason and had brought it up at dinner. I have a feeling that she googled my admin from her name on Linkedin and was not happy with what came up. Which is funny, because she's in TX and I'll likely never meet her in person... Women folk... ugh.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Morningish Monkeys.

One thing I have noticed since getting a 3rd dog is the amount of poop that comes with it. Oddly enough, my wife's dog now poops at least twice while on walkies. Abbey has pooped less than a half dozen times while on walkies. Indy has gone a few times, now. But Hank has now increased to at least twice. I now carry at least 5 bags with me, because you never know.
This is the kind of stuff my coworkers tell me, for no reason.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Most meetings cancelled today. Giddy. Filled up my notebook so using the time to transfer my core information into my new notebook.

Had the State Farm "uh... Khakis" conversation with Wifey last night. I sent my admin a copy of Bullet Journal and a notebook around Christmas as a thank you for helping me so much and because she was complaining about keeping track of the stacks of sticky notes she was accruing from projects we were giving her. Out of left field I got a "Why did you send your colleague a Bullet Journal and notebook? Can't she buy her own?" and was like "...uh ...because it will help make sure she doesn't lose track of things I give her?" That however was not a sufficient answer and all I could think of was "Jake, from State Farm", which is not the right response. Thankfully MIL piped in and mentioned that I had said, when I bought it, that I was getting it specifically for that reason and had brought it up at dinner. I have a feeling that she googled my admin from her name on Linkedin and was not happy with what came up. Which is funny, because she's in TX and I'll likely never meet her in person... Women folk... ugh.
i see a new ///Car for ///Wifey in your future