Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Anyone have a good resource for a smoothie-based diet? We might be able to take the feeding tube out of my 7 y.o. following his mishap, as soon as today. But he's going to have to remain on a fluid-based diet (no solids yet).

We have a Ninja at home, so should be able to make his some healthy blended meals, but I feel like my staple of frozen fruit-kale-yoghurt-hemp hearts-chia seeds is going to get long in the tooth fairly quickly. Plus, I'm not sure that is actually a full meal. I'm just guessing.

I imagine there are plenty of people out there who can only feed on liquids. They must have on-line resources somewhere?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morningish Monkeys.

One thing I have noticed since getting a 3rd dog is the amount of poop that comes with it. Oddly enough, my wife's dog now poops at least twice while on walkies. Abbey has pooped less than a half dozen times while on walkies. Indy has gone a few times, now. But Hank has now increased to at least twice. I now carry at least 5 bags with me, because you never know.
You need to get one of those poo bag dispensers that clips onto the leash. And a clip for the full bags. It's nice to have a lot of bags on hand, and no poo in hand.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
i see a new ///Car for ///Wifey in your future
She was already complaining that the neighbor just got a Q7. Despite it costing more and already having 40k miles. The husband even commented that he thought the Honda was a way better decision but he could not win that battle despite his best attempts... Women folk.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Added my newly licensed 17yo to our Auto insurance. Company came back with $7600/year quote.

I laughed and laughed.
5yo f250 with 125k/mi and a 2015 Volvo v60 worth under $20k.

Agent called in a favor at another company and got it down to ‘just’ $3600. Also got a lower home policy as part of switch.

fucking kids.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Added my newly licensed 17yo to our Auto insurance. Company came back with $7600/year quote.

I laughed and laughed.

Agent called in a favor at another company and got it down to ‘just’ $3600. Also got a lower home policy as part of switch.

fucking kids.
time for pushups

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
She was already complaining that the neighbor just got a Q7. Despite it costing more and already having 40k miles. The husband even commented that he thought the Honda was a way better decision but he could not win that battle despite his best attempts... Women folk.
Nobody said it would be easy keepin' up with the Joneses. Especially in Highlands Ranch. :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003

I laughed and laughed.

fucking kids.
Can confirm. I now have *two* goddam teenagers on my insurance. 6yo F150 with 108K, 19yo Odyssey with a fuckload of miles, and a 23yo Subaru with slightly less of a fuckload of miles. :mad:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Can confirm. I now have *two* goddam teenagers on my insurance. 6yo F150 with 108K, 19yo Odyssey with a fuckload of miles, and a 23yo Subaru with slightly less of a fuckload of miles. :mad:
I have a great record, an old car and NO kids and my bill is too damn high!

Insurance is a fucking racket. You heard it here first!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I laughed and laughed.

fucking kids.
What in the actual fuck? $7,600?! I know kids are garbage at driving, but that's bonkers. It would probably be cheaper to pay for them to Uber everywhere.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
What in the actual fuck? $7,600?! I know kids are garbage at driving, but that's bonkers. It would probably be cheaper to pay for them to Uber everywhere.
Yeah - ours is $3800/yr for both kids to be insured on all the vehicles. If only I could get my wife to call the company to tell them ONE of the kids is 700 miles away, we could get a break on that. :mad:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Anyone have a good resource for a smoothie-based diet? We might be able to take the feeding tube out of my 7 y.o. following his mishap, as soon as today. But he's going to have to remain on a fluid-based diet (no solids yet).

We have a Ninja at home, so should be able to make his some healthy blended meals, but I feel like my staple of frozen fruit-kale-yoghurt-hemp hearts-chia seeds is going to get long in the tooth fairly quickly. Plus, I'm not sure that is actually a full meal. I'm just guessing.

I imagine there are plenty of people out there who can only feed on liquids. They must have on-line resources somewhere?
Some days I miss the tube. It really was convenient.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Some days I miss the tube. It really was convenient.
I have no doubt! he was starting to use it as an excuse to watch TV. He'd say he was hungry and wanted his feed. We'd say have your smoothie, and he'd be "no, I want the tube"... If we said fine, but no TV, he'd be pretty upset! it was kind of funny. But now that's not an option. I'm going to have to get good at calculating the amount of protein in various foods now... or I could just wing it, as usual!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you people with kids.....buy them a 2500 beater and encourage them into the workforce...

just a suggestion....

if you have 2 kids....it is called sharing.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Morningish Monkeys.

One thing I have noticed since getting a 3rd dog is the amount of poop that comes with it. Oddly enough, my wife's dog now poops at least twice while on walkies. Abbey has pooped less than a half dozen times while on walkies. Indy has gone a few times, now. But Hank has now increased to at least twice. I now carry at least 5 bags with me, because you never know.
fuck.....i miss the good old days of living in a neighborhood and not giving a fuck if a dog shit in your yard because it was understood that your dog does the same....