Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Well be damned, we had to close our trails. :(

Will have to venture into no man's land.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well be damned, we had to close our trails. :(

Will have to venture into no man's land.
Some friends and I discussed this last night... Clubs are "closing" trails, but are the actual land managers/counties instructing them to or what?

I guess what I'm getting at is that if a club chooses to close the trails, the forest is essentially still open - especially those on MNR lands. What enforcement will we see?

I'm going for a hike on some local trails tonight to see what their conditions are...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Woke up because I was coughing and couldn't get back to sleep. Have a presentation to a police department retirement board today. I only have a few minutes of it, hopefully my voice holds and I'm not coughing.

Had to descale the Keurig yesterday. Took half a gallon of vinegar and 2hrs of cycling water/vinegar mix through it for it to open up. But when it did, oh man, you would have though it passed a kidney stone. It went from dripping to full blast, splashing out of the cup from back pressure. It was quite amusing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Woke up because I was coughing and couldn't get back to sleep. Have a presentation to a police department retirement board today. I only have a few minutes of it, hopefully my voice holds and I'm not coughing.

Had to descale the Keurig yesterday. Took half a gallon of vinegar and 2hrs of cycling water/vinegar mix through it for it to open up. But when it did, oh man, you would have though it passed a kidney stone. It went from dripping to full blast, splashing out of the cup from back pressure. It was quite amusing.
Keurkakke?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Single serve coffee thing - somebody got us one for the wedding and Wifey has had one ever since... I have a real coffee maker downstairs for when we have more people here. I also have reusable filter cups - gotta save the planet, one cup of coffee at a time. :rolleyes:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yup. Having had a view from the inside as Green Mountain Coffee got eaten by Keurig, the latter deciding to offshore, with lots of collateral damage to employees and local service providers, I wouldn't touch anything Keurig with a stick.
Let me rephrase that... It's a Cuisine Art that is Keurig compatible. And the old one, that isn't patent protected cups anymore. And I use reusable filters most of the time. Keurig are shit (dealt with them at IPO) and do what I can to make sure no money goes to them.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004

If you’re sick why are you going out at all?

A few days ago, we were discussing toilet paper - I made reference to Balzac - I was wrong, it was Rabelais:

Responding to his father’s question about how he stayed clean, the five-year old Gargantua of Rabelais’s fiction offered up a long list of options he’d tried, ranging from neckerchiefs to nettles. None could compare to his top choice, though:

I say and maintain that of all torcheculs, arsewisps, bumfodders, tail-napkins, bunghole cleansers and wipe-breeches, there is none in this world comparable to the neck of a goose, that is well downed, if you hold her head betwixt your legs … You will thereby feel in your nockhole a most wonderful pleasure, both in regard of the softness of the said down, and of the temperate heat of the goose, which is easily communicated to the bum-gut and the rest of the inwards … even to the regions of the heart and brains … The felicity of the heroes and demigods in the Elysian fields, consisteth [n]either in their Asphodel, Ambrosia, or Nectar, but in this: … that they wipe their tails with the necks of a goose.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Talking to this guy and he blinks his eyes out of sync. One, then the other. It's surprisingly offputting.

edit: But not as offputting as using a Keurig.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Wife bought one of those Hypervolt massage guns and I was sort of like "ok, whatever" when she got it. Then I started using it. Holy shit is that thing awesome. Sore quad and sore calf? Buff that right out.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Some friends and I discussed this last night... Clubs are "closing" trails, but are the actual land managers/counties instructing them to or what?

I guess what I'm getting at is that if a club chooses to close the trails, the forest is essentially still open - especially those on MNR lands. What enforcement will we see?

I'm going for a hike on some local trails tonight to see what their conditions are...
In our situation we are the owner of most of the land. We wanted to stay open, but all other networks around us were closing down their trails and parking lots. What would have happen is that everyone would have flocked to our town/network. Some kind of snowball effect. I was able to get a good ride in an undisclosed location. ;)

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
View attachment 142488

third musician in seven days....thanks mr rieflin....
I saw Ministry so many times. They would make the music with drum machines, but wanted live drummers for the concerts. But the drumming was too fast for one person, so they would have two full drum sets and the drummers would play offset. I'm not a musician, but that sounds really fucking hard.

Last edited:
I'm on the BOD, currently serving as president, of a non-profit that conserves a little over 1,000 acres of land with mixed use trails. I just sent an email to the board suggesting that we need to place formal meetings in abeyance and formally take a set of planned public events off our calendar at least through the end of May.

Everyone down in ad

I saw Ministry so many times. They would make the music with drum machines, but wanted live drummers for the concerts. But the drumming was too fast for one person, so they would have two full drum sets and the drummers would play offset. I'm not a musician, but that sounds really fucking hard.
Ministry's odd - their music is all over the map, seeming more driven by what their agent sees as marketable rather than where they might want to go musically. Like Black Flag, they range from really good to absolute shit.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Ministry's odd - their music is all over the map, seeming more driven by what their agent sees as marketable rather than where they might want to go musically. Like Black Flag, they range from really good to absolute shit.
Ministry was really Al Jourgensen. Everyone else was temporary. They had a hell of a run in the 90s. Didn't really care for them before or after that.

Also, Lard was one of my favorite things ever. Jourgensen and Biafra.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I've seen Ministry a few times in various forms in the early 90s. Always quality entertainment.

and now for something completely different; Boulder CO yesterday, broad daylight. Good kitties.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've seen Ministry a few times in various forms in the early 90s. Always quality entertainment.

and now for something completely different; Boulder CO yesterday, broad daylight. Good kitties.
They're just looking for an easy meal of weak, sick people.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Wait, you live in Africa ?

I went to a Ministry show last year, last time I saw them was at Lolla ... loller ... lalapalapa ... that festival from the 90s. First half of the show was off the new album, after which Al politely thanked the audience for enduring, then they dove into their old stuff.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Wait, you live in Africa ?

I went to a Ministry show last year, last time I saw them was at Lolla ... loller ... lalapalapa ... that festival from the 90s. First half of the show was off the new album, after which Al politely thanked the audience for enduring, then they dove into their old stuff.
how is it in NYC?

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
how is it in NYC?
Well, there ain't no fuckin' mountain lions running around, so I got that going for me.

Overall, it's pretty surreal. I haven't been into the city for the past two and a half weeks. Normally there's people everywhere. You don't even realize how many until they're not there. I live on kind of a major road that cuts from the middle of Brooklyn out to Coney Island, and it's weird to not hear the constant hum of cars. ('cept them straight-pipe backfirin' moparmustangbmw assholes with the plate covers still flying down the block ... you know, the off-duty cops)

I can pretty much get what I need close to home, though I stood on line for an hour plus last Sunday just to get into the local food co-op. Food a-plenty though, and will be venturing out to the Red Hook Fairway one night this week. On the plus side, local brewery Other Half is still doing pick up and now local delivery, with a $1 food surcharge for the bag of Doritos that must accompany every order.

We're going what we're supposed to, sheltering in place, fighting for bandwidth with constant dueling conference calls and Fortnite battles raging. We live in a big-ass building and people are not sharing elevators. The front desk has a 6-foot caution tape perimeter around it and the doormen and porters are all are masked and gloved up. I appreciate the hell out them for being there.

It's unlikely the boy-child will be back in school this year. 8th grade will end in a sputter and not with his friends as they all disperse to high schools across the city next year ... well, maybe.

I'm near Prospect Park, so escaping during the day for laps far away from others. There's less people out this week than last week. Last Friday it was sunny and nearly 70, so everyone was out breathing hard and snot-rocketing all over the loop.

Goveneror Perry Cuomo, while a dick, has been doing a god job I think, while former presidential candidate and complete dick and balls democratic machine shitbird mayor de blasio is at the gym watching himself on TV. Cuomo has pretty much run him over at this point.

I do think we got a-ways to go here. It has yet to be at its worst. Going to do my best to stay out of the way. Oddly getting used to our new normal, as long as my job holds out. Buy a lot of magazines, friends. You got nothing else to do.