Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
got up at the ass crack, or maybe the vice-ass crack to do 45m of spin and lift some weights. The adrenaline rush is wearing off and I kind of just want to go to bed now. Still, it feels great to have started the day off on such a note.

Otherwise, I am at work, waiting for a meeting to start.

Ordered some bike rack shit from bikesomewhere. Apparently it should be called ordernowhere, as my order has been sitting unfulfilled for a week and a half, the item has gone out of stock, and nobody is answering my emails. I better hear today or I'll issue a chargeback from paypal...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I got an e-mail that I owe $150 for the colonoscopy and endoscopy I had a couple of weeks ago, which is fine. So I looked at my account and saw that my insurance was billed $9000. LMFAO! WTF, Toshi? There was also a link to click to schedule my covid shot, if I am eligible, which I am not. At least now I know where I'll be going to get mine. I also see that I am actually part of phase 1c, being in financial services. CDC says that falls under "preservation of societal function." Ok then.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So far this winter is shit. Wicked wind last night, stuff is all over the hood this morning. Lucky most folks took down Christmas crap, but there are some strays around.

Moar coffee.

I got an e-mail that I owe $150 for the colonoscopy and endoscopy I had a couple of weeks ago, which is fine. So I looked at my account and saw that my insurance was billed $9000. LMFAO! WTF, Toshi? There was also a link to click to schedule my covid shot, if I am eligible, which I am not. At least now I know where I'll be going to get mine. I also see that I am actually part of phase 1c, being in financial services. CDC says that falls under "preservation of societal function." Ok then.
For profit medicine needs to die.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Re: WFH - I have been 100% WFH for the past 10 months and I love it. I get 90 minutes of my day back due to no commute, I can run or bike in the middle of the day, and if work goes late I can still cook and eat dinner at my usual time while I keep working. I'd be happy if I never had to go back into the office.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
^ do it. (@jonKranked )

I was supposed to do an overnighter camping trip in the Whites this weekend with a couple buddies, but bailed due to lack of motivation and not wanting to be away from the kids all weekend. I'd rather try to get a short solo ride in instead, but my back and leg are telling me otherwise anyway.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Re: WFH - I have been 100% WFH for the past 10 months and I love it. I get 90 minutes of my day back due to no commute, I can run or bike in the middle of the day, and if work goes late I can still cook and eat dinner at my usual time while I keep working. I'd be happy if I never had to go back into the office.
those aspects i like, but i frequently find myself working late (too late) because of interruptions from the kids.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Re: re: WFH. I suppose if my job entailed working from a computer all or most of the time, working from home would be a more inviting option. And if I didn't have kids.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Need to go to bank to get cashier's check to complete car purchase sometime today. Also been looking at new roof racks (any aftermarket hitch I can find for the car is only class 1, which I don't want to mess with, so roof rack it is). Will try my old ones before making a purchase though. They were for my passat originally, but worked on the g37 too. Also need to go tonight and pick up the fame/parts that I bought from a buddy to build up as a pump track / mess around hardtail that the kids can also use. Coffee #1 still kicking in. Suppose I should get busy with work, eh?

Have mostly worked from home since March, going into office maybe once a week for a few hours when necessary. Kids being in school remotely is what really kills me. It was nice to have some quiet yesterday and Monday when they both started their 2-day-per-week in person schedules, but the state just moved to a new caution level yesterday afternoon, so they might go back to full remote next week. Mentally I'd planned long ago for them to just be fully remote through the end of the school year.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
i've had to go on site twice since march, both time were to prep validation parts
My job is probably 60-70% hands on making/building/testing/destroying things, 30-40% design (CAD) and validation/quality paperwork.

Then there's 10-20% of making shit for my cars/bikes/house with all the stuff at work somewhere in there :p

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Funny you say that. Shuttle ride to the terminal was a hoot. Van full of texans loud and proud about the insurectionists on the 6th being a liberal plot by ANTIFA to over throw the president. I litterally can't even........
You should have said. You do know that its a bunch of Atifa that repair the airplanes to keep you safe in the skies and let that blow their minds

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
As for this WFH thing, I think I've worked from home for about only 5 days last in the last year.

I'm in IT and you'd think we'd be the first to be at home and yes 90% of the job can be done from anywhere but here, but this automotive company is pretty old school. They want to see faces in the building.

I guess its good and bad. I don't have a dedicated work space at home, so I'm generally pretty damn unproductive there. I don't mind coming into the office, the drive in is easy and lets me wake up (I'm one of those idiots who wakes up and is out the door in 10 minutes).

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I LOVE being able to exercise in the middle of the day rather than getting up early, but my problem is that it takes me a while to get up the motivation to do something...so it's like a ramp up to work, something else, ramp down, ramp back up, etc. I work in a science lab so it's kind of 60:40 physical experiments and write ups or presentations and planning.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Crazy wind storm last night. Lost power for a bit. Few people from work are logged in I don't think they were so lucky.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
(any aftermarket hitch I can find for the car is only class 1, which I don't want to mess with, so roof rack it is)
find a hitch trailer shop, they can modify a class 1 hitch with a 2" receiver. i had that done for my impreza. they cut out the 1-1/4" receiver and welded in a 2".

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
find a hitch trailer shop, they can modify a class 1 hitch with a 2" receiver. i had that done for my impreza. they cut out the 1-1/4" receiver and welded in a 2".
I asked one place to do that for me and they wouldn't even consider it because of the liability.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I asked one place to do that for me and they wouldn't even consider it because of the liability.
liability plus it voids the fuck outta the warranty plus i don't mind roof racks
that's not freedom. shop i went to was like "OKEY DOKE!" it apparently wasn't the first time they'd done it either.

also you clearly have never tried to lift a DH bike onto a roof rack after a full day of lift access riding.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You should have said. You do know that its a bunch of Atifa that repair the airplanes to keep you safe in the skies and let that blow their minds
Given the demographic, it might have been more effective to tell them about the 2 years my grandfather spent in Europe being ANTIFA. Paid by George Soros, I assume.