Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT**"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
When it said 2-4 on the checkout page?

I told her we are getting a new couch, does it REALLY matter when? I also brought up the fact that she ordered online rather than go to the local place and see what they could get us like we had originally talked about.
Yeah - they should really coordinate that information... but, you know, good IT help is hard to find. :D

It sounds like they heavily padded their delivery timeframe... after realizing there wasn't enough cushion in the original estimate.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I just love the progression. 2-4, maybe 6-8, but likely 12-14. If you get it by years end, be happy.
She should call then and demand a 50% discount from the manager. And she won't be taking no for an answer!

Kidding, of course. I'd be annoyed too if the timeline ballooned like that. Though you do have a couch in the mean time...right?

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
She should call then and demand a 50% discount from the manager. And she won't be taking no for an answer!

Kidding, of course. I'd be annoyed too if the timeline ballooned like that. Though you do have a couch in the mean time...right?
Yes, our couch is bad, but functional. We have the 2 chairs that one broke, but the dog loves it. We got a couch and loveseat to replace all the living room seating.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The house we rented last vacation had the reclining couches and the wife decided we were at the fuck it phase and those would work for us now.

241_sadler_mica_shrm_cat20191.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ugh... Couch. Wifey wants a new one once the rest of the house gets finished.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Not a Nikon shooter myself, but still sad to see. I guess the old debate who makes the best cameras, Nikon or Canon, has been answered. Canon and Sony! :D
Not sure if it's an indictment of Nikon as having "good" or "bad" cameras, so much as it is an acknowledgement that their business has failed to adapt in time. Advancing cell phone technology has snatched a share of their business, as has the gradual transition to mirrorless, which they've been woefully slow to adopt. That and they haven't focused (har har) on integrating video into their camera bodies as much as the other guys have, and it shows. They are currently being sunk by their old, stodgy attitudes. I mean, just look at the release timeline for their z-series lenses. They prioritized a 58mm, F/0.95 over something like a 70-200 F/4. How much sense does that make?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Not sure if it's an indictment of Nikon as having "good" or "bad" cameras, so much as it is an acknowledgement that their business has failed to adapt in time. Advancing cell phone technology has snatched a share of their business, as has the gradual transition to mirrorless, which they've been woefully slow to adopt. That and they haven't focused (har har) on integrating video into their camera bodies as much as the other guys have, and it shows. They are currently being sunk by their old, stodgy attitudes. I mean, just look at the release timeline for their z-series lenses. They prioritized a 58mm, F/0.95 over something like a 70-200 F/4. How much sense does that make?
My comment about bad cameras was tongue in cheek. I am not a diehard fanboy of any brand, sometimes you are just stuck in a "universe" with the lenses. While I have been using Canons for a long time, I just was debating switching to Sony for mirrorless when the EOS R came out. I decided to hold off and man, that was the right the decision. The R6 and the R glass are amazing!
So, yeah, Nikon's business decisions are questionable but for still shooters I think they still have some great options.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Not a Nikon shooter myself, but still sad to see. I guess the old debate who makes the best cameras, Nikon or Canon, has been answered. Canon and Sony! :D
sony is a consumer products company....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OMG, I just watched this old lady shoplift at the Fred Meyer. I am waiting at the self checkout while she bags up her gear and loads her cart. She pushes away and I step up. The keyosk is on the "How many store bags did you use?" screen. I hit "no bags" and the total was $38.56. I look around, she's gone. The place is kind of busy, the one next opens up so I move over.

Just makes me think a) how often does she do this. And b) how often has she been caught? If at all? :rofl:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
OMG, I just watched this old lady shoplift at the Fred Meyer. I am waiting at the self checkout while she bags up her gear and loads her cart. She pushes away and I step up. The keyosk is on the "How many store bags did you use?" screen. I hit "no bags" and the total was $38.56. I look around, she's gone. The place is kind of busy, the one next opens up so I move over.

Just makes me think a) how often does she do this. And b) how often has she been caught? If at all? :rofl:
I see it all the time around here. Police will not arrest anyone, and if they did they wouldn't get prosecuted. Security guards ask people for the shit back, they say no and walk out. I understand that the criminal justice system can just create a negative feedback loop but it has gotten out of control. It has gotten to the point where everything is getting put into locked cases.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
EOS R came out. I decided to hold off and man, that was the right the decision. The R6 and the R glass are amazing!
I liked canon...thought about the R....
but
the RF glass is just as huge and expensive as the fuji GFX medium format glass....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I see it all the time around here. Police will not arrest anyone, and if they did they wouldn't get prosecuted. Security guards ask people for the shit back, they say no and walk out. I understand that the criminal justice system can just create a negative feedback loop but it has gotten out of control. It has gotten to the point where everything is getting put into locked cases.
She was 70ish, looked very capable. Looked like someone's sweet grams, I was just blown away. My guess is nobody noticed and she's clear.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
They all are. I hope Sigma stays afloat for a while, the DP2 is still my favorite quirky digital camera.
the sigma fp...another weird one...

if panasonic would ditch thelr dfd auto focusing system....the one thing holding their cameras back...