Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
YO SUP

trying to figure out how to use my new iphone after 3-4 years of android. Takes some getting used to but I think I'm achieving my goal of being less connected...

My new power pedals are set to arrive today, so I get to try an FTP test and all two of my strava followers can see how weak I am...w00t

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey internetters LOL! I did an hour on the bike trainer early this morning. Wife made me get up early for it. This marriage is abusive. It's going to be sunny and 49 degrees today. Sweeeet.

and all two of my strava followers can see how weak I am...w00t
Heeeey, noooooo.....you'll do...you're gonna do great....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy day, again. Got the new job applied for yesterday. They posted the range and it's a decent, but not outlandish, jump over my current. Director asked me to inform my current manager right away so he's not blindsided when I tell him I have an interview. Also gives my manager time to start talking with my current director about retention options, which I believe was a big part of his reasoning. Hopefully it all works out in my favor.

Got about half the remaining floor removed last night and I'm hoping to get what's left pulled tonight. I get to start the process of moving furniture as soon as I'm done with that.

Also have to squeeze in finishing waxing Haley's skis and showing neighbor how to scrape and buff skis.

FTS kind of week.

Trying to figure out how to use my new iphone after 3-4 years of android. Takes some getting used to but I think I'm achieving my goal of being less connected...
Our company only uses iPhones because the security is better. I've been on an Android for about 15 years. It's been a fucking nightmare figuring out how to use the damn thing.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
YO SUP

trying to figure out how to use my new iphone after 3-4 years of android. Takes some getting used to but I think I'm achieving my goal of being less connected...

My new power pedals are set to arrive today, so I get to try an FTP test and all two of my strava followers can see how weak I am...w00t
Hows the incoming calls screening on the Fruit? Can't live without that anyone.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
What'd ya get?
Favero Assioma Uno
Allegedly the body can be swapped for an Xpedo MTB pedal, but I'm not going there. I should be able to swap between my spinner and my road bike with ease, which is all I really care about.

FTS kind of week.

Our company only uses iPhones because the security is better. I've been on an Android for about 15 years. It's been a fucking nightmare figuring out how to use the damn thing.
I think I like android better but I wanted to start to move away from relying on google for everything. I know that I'm a boring human, but them having all of my search, browsing, and email history got a little scary. Apple at least keeps your shit locked up after they collect it.

So far the biggest flaws I've found are no bluetooth smart unlock and an inferior app drawer system, but it's not impossible to use. I also really miss the always on display of my Note, which let me check the time and incoming messages. I'm getting used to it, but it's also helpful to encourage disconnecting- I'm not constantly aware of any notifications, so I check my phone less.

Hows the incoming calls screening on the Fruit? Can't live without that anyone.
honestly I hated the way calls were screened on my note. Despised it. The iphone was vastly superior, but since changing my number I dumped a majority of the spam already.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Favero Assioma Uno
Allegedly the body can be swapped for an Xpedo MTB pedal, but I'm not going there. I should be able to swap between my spinner and my road bike with ease, which is all I really care about.
thats interesting. one of the reasons i haven't looked much into pedal based power meters is that all the ones i've seen are for road pedals, not mtb.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
New bike day at home last night:
1614180550568.png

I think it fits, but would definitely have preferred 26" wheels... Will probably put a shorter stem, lower it, and maybe even throw on some flat bars (all items I have hiding in that mess back there). If I was being picky, and had unlimited funds, I'd get 155mm cranks, and 26" rims. But I'll see how this goes for now.

It's a 2020 Norco Fluid HT2 in XS. I had called local Norco dealers looking for the 2021 version, and one of the closest shops to me actually had this one in stock, so I bought it sight unseen. I was really hoping it would fit properly, and I think we're in good shape.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
thats interesting. one of the reasons i haven't looked much into pedal based power meters is that all the ones i've seen are for road pedals, not mtb.
Not sure exactly when they're coming out but there's this

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
New bike day at home last night:
View attachment 157025

I think it fits, but would definitely have preferred 26" wheels... Will probably put a shorter stem, lower it, and maybe even throw on some flat bars (all items I have hiding in that mess back there). If I was being picky, and had unlimited funds, I'd get 155mm cranks, and 26" rims. But I'll see how this goes for now.

It's a 2020 Norco Fluid HT2 in XS. I had called local Norco dealers looking for the 2021 version, and one of the closest shops to me actually had this one in stock, so I bought it sight unseen. I was really hoping it would fit properly, and I think we're in good shape.
is that 27.5?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

I have heard very good things about the faveros. Someday I may consider adding power to my MTB, but that's not what I train on/for.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Android was released in 2008

He was using Android before it was cool released

I have been forced to use an i-phone for work. I hate it but since I am never away from my computer in WFH mode I only have to use it as a basic phone, which works fine.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I have heard very good things about the faveros. Someday I may consider adding power to my MTB, but that's not what I train on/for.
interesting. by the time you source both sets of pedals, it'd still be close to $900.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Strain gages do not like impacts. I am guessing a few pedal strikes could quickly turn a pedal based power meter into a very expensive regular pedal. Or at least a wildly inaccurate power meter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yes. So stupid. If I was better at building wheels I'd consider lacing up 26" rims. But then I'd need shorter cranks, and I'm just not sure it's worth the hassle. (though I just checked, and those cranks come in 155mm... (currently 170mm)).
yea, i don't get the aversion to 26" wheels, they make perfect sense for kids bikes