Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Sup fellow danglers.

Hoping the current stretch of warmth will melt all the snow and ice on the trails. Pretty please, I wanna ride.

Bought some new circlip pliers last night. Silly me has used those exchangeable tip kind for years, and they almost always disappoint, so it was time to buy a purpose built set.

Sup fellow danglers.

Hoping the current stretch of warmth will melt all the snow and ice on the trails. Pretty please, I wanna ride.

Bought some new circlip pliers last night. Silly me has used those exchangeable tip kind for years, and they almost always disappoint, so it was time to buy a purpose built set.
Yeah, the interchangeable tips are a PITA. What did you buy?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Yeah, the interchangeable tips are a PITA. What did you buy?
I did the same a couple of years ago, Park Tool set is pretty good. Certainly better than the swappable ones.

Snowpocalypse teaser has begun. Supposed to get feet of snow by Monday.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Heading north to look at a house with eastern white cedar siding, we are still undecided which way to go for our siding.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Heading north to look at a house with eastern white cedar siding, we are still undecided which way to go for our siding.
The cement board stuff we have on the garage we built a few years ago is supposed to last a very long time and you can get it any colour you want.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not eastern white, but my first house was cedar. Looked great as long as you spent countless hours every year treating it. Even then the sun was brutal on the southern exposure and I eventually painted it. North side looked brand new.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
The cement board stuff we have on the garage we built a few years ago is supposed to last a very long time and you can get it any colour you want.
Wood it will be, we are fully set on this.

Not eastern white, but my first house was cedar. Looked great as long as you spent countless hours every year treating it. Even then the sun was brutal on the southern exposure and I eventually painted it. North side looked brand new.
Our current house is western red cedar and we didn't treat it at all. Just letting it graying out gradually. You have to embrace the look though, not for everyone.

Although we are not doing the official eco/leed thing, we still want to source material that give "points" for LEED, mostly for eventual resale.

Wood it will be, we are fully set on this.

Our current house is western red cedar and we didn't treat it at all. Just letting it graying out gradually. You have to embrace the look though, not for everyone.

Although we are not doing the official eco/leed thing, we still want to source material that give "points" for LEED, mostly for eventual resale.
How many times in your life do you think you might move, and driven by what?

Signed, Rooted

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
HOLLA

Working at home today. It is supposed to reach 51 freedom units and is already 46F, so for lunch I shall put on some shorts, pump up the tires on the gravel bike and go for a short ride.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
didn't sleep but 3-4 hours last night. My insomnia has been all but gone lately too. Hopefully it was a late dinner + just a fluke. Flurries at casa de Nick, massive Level 6 Terror Storm setting up for the weekend.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The organization at work can often be upside down in regards to who is a manager and who is an actual leader.

My boss just called me for advice on how to negotiate salary with for a job offer he got from a company I used to work for.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The organization at work can often be upside down in regards to who is a manager and who is an actual leader.

My boss just called me for advice on how to negotiate salary with for a job offer he got from a company I used to work for.
ask him what he gets paid now so you can take over his job at a much higher pay

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Ain't that the truth. Titles don't make leaders, nor are individual accomplishments indicative of effective leadership skills.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Skipped a meeting to play on my rower. Grenaded my arms and hope I don't have to pick anything up until tomorrow. Also grenaded my arms so i hope I don't have to stand up anytime soon.

debating scooping up a trust fork because WHY THE F NOT?