Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ask him what he gets paid now so you can take over his job at a much higher pay
I probably already make more money than he does. This company likes to bring people into management fairly early into their careers. So it is a faster path to more money. It takes longer to get there but a Sr Engineer makes more, and has the potential for overtime.

He would have to sell his soul to the corporate devils to get promoted here, he is a pretty good dude and I think he wants to take a more palatable career path.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Skipped a meeting to play on my rower. Grenaded my arms and hope I don't have to pick anything up until tomorrow. Also grenaded my arms so i hope I don't have to stand up anytime soon.

debating scooping up a trust fork because WHY THE F NOT?
no handstands?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Rained hard enough to wake me up last night, but sunny and clear this am.

Part of my company is moving to Idaho, they want me to go, but upon pursuing Zillow and Red Fin, holy shit! Given the pay cut my wife would take, we'd likely go from home owners in SoCal to renters in the 'Ho, WTF is going on up there in potato land?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Part of my company is moving to Idaho, they want me to go, but upon pursuing Zillow and Red Fin, holy shit! Given the pay cut my wife would take, we'd likely go from home owners in SoCal to renters in the 'Ho, WTF is going on up there in potato land?
Californians

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005

Where in Idahoozle?

Desirability =/= Affordability

#RexburgSaysHi

ID snow forecast checking in -- Fuck Ton⁻¹

Maybe @rideit was onto something last week re: winter tire removal, but Murphy's Law has me on speed dial...

1615398522704.png

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Californians
How many goddamn Californians are there? We're apparently filling up all the other States, but looking around, this joint is still full. Are we like roaches or something?

Where in Idahoozle?

Desirability =/= Affordability

#RexburgSaysHi

ID snow forecast checking in -- Fuck Ton⁻¹

Treasure Valley, they haven't picked a building yet so who knows where exactly. Not Boise proper, but Nampa/Caldwell/Meridian-ish I guess.

Fuck ton of snow also sounds suboptimal, probably can't wear flip-flops and shorts year round.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
How many times in your life do you think you might move, and driven by what?

Signed, Rooted
At 50 it will be my 4th house. Last two we stayed exactly 10 years. This one we are planning on a 5 years stay. Ultimate goal is having a self sufficient house on 100 acres or more.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Wood it will be, we are fully set on this.

Our current house is western red cedar and we didn't treat it at all. Just letting it graying out gradually. You have to embrace the look though, not for everyone.

Although we are not doing the official eco/leed thing, we still want to source material that give "points" for LEED, mostly for eventual resale.
The house we looked at was board and batten in eastern white cedar and we though it looked too barny. Behind that house on the hill we saw another one that looked much better we though. Look more like western cedar, we like it.

157626888_739146376793036_7818933221137780956_n.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How many goddamn Californians are there? We're apparently filling up all the other States, but looking around, this joint is still full. Are we like roaches or something?

Treasure Valley, they haven't picked a building yet so who knows where exactly. Not Boise proper, but Nampa/Caldwell/Meridian-ish I guess.

Fuck ton of snow also sounds suboptimal, probably can't wear flip-flops and shorts year round.

Because Ohio is still moving to California

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
worse, actually. Cockroaches are gross, but don’t generally demand Starbucks on every corner, and new subdivision/strip mall zoning. Let’s not even talk about Panda Express. Or HOHA trail closures.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
you can keep yer snow. 70 and sunny in the mtns here. destroyed my legs. 21 miles, 3900 verts. much chunder. porch beer after, so good. leaf litter can gtfo though. that shit is slippy over dry hardpack.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd like to know why?
I'm going with regular 16" eaves. Do not hate the Scandinavian look, but not practical in a rainy climate.

It is a functional issue not a aesthetic one. Keep the sun off the house in high summer hours, let it warm the house in the winter, help keep rain from splashing mud up onto the siding. It also provides a nice place to hide from the rain.

Also poorly built post war houses here had no eaves to save on materials.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
It is a functional issue not a aesthetic one. Keep the sun off the house in high summer hours, let it warm the house in the winter, help keep rain from splashing mud up onto the siding. It also provides a nice place to hide from the rain.

Also poorly built post war houses here had no eaves to save on materials.
I'm with you. At first I contemplated over extending eves, but lot his pretty wooded and shade will be a non issue in the summer. Also debating gutters.