Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Today could have been a disaster as my alarm did not go off. Furbots woke me up on time instead. BroDozer is getting a new windshield. Ruth was on hwy 99 and took a rock into it from a semi. Nice star crack that couldn't be centered better right in in front of the drivers eyes if you tried.

Espresso then I'm out of here

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

What a calamity yesterday was. FIL was having dirt delivered, but the delivery guy buried the truck up to the rear axle. Dug him out for an hour before he could get the truck free.

Then spent 4 hours in that half standing half crouched position fixing the tractor. All fixed, at least until the next thing dies of neglect.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Another slow day for scheduled work, so smile and dial based on the request of a city manager. I hate smile and dial, but if I can get people saving money (and getting free matches), I'll do it. Boss joined a meeting yesterday and it was nice to see him. You can tell he's hurting, but we got some good laughs out of him. Apparently he really likes doing meetings with my internal and myself because between the two of us it's like playing ping-pong with a bouncy ball. ADD YAY!

@johnbryanpeters How's Hilarie?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning dammit!
Stupid full day of work today. Apparently, "some" jackass decided to kick a task down the road for weeks, which is now due Thursday.
Sold a pair of skis, gotta mail them.
Boom-shakalaka

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
:wave:

Might spend part of the day looking for gas for the car but it appears that would be a waste of time.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
after his Alfa thread, i would pay money to watch his boat buying process :rofl:

I think if I ever bought a boat, it would be a POS. I was always envious of woody's folks...they had a boat that was not fancy at all, but they had a boat. That boat took us on a few adventures, whereas my family's boat....didn't exist.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I think if I ever bought a boat, it would be a POS. I was always envious of woody's folks...they had a boat that was not fancy at all, but they had a boat. That boat took us on a few adventures, whereas my family's boat....didn't exist.
i have a kayak. it holds me, it holds a few beers. that's about that extent of what i want out of boat ownership

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Got the back purge setup together for the home garage last night, then did some welderping that didn't need backpurging....

Need coffee.... Was as struggle to find a walk in coffee this morning. Usual Tim's stops closed to counter traffic due to lack of staff... Motorbike and drive thru would be funny for me, but when I have to load 4 into a saddle bag, itll probably annoy the line up behind me....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Vacation Day #2--

After a disappointing day at the car dealership and not buying a vehicle, today I will.....

Mow the back lawn,
Cut out some wood figures for my wife's crafting,
Feed the dogs,
Balance the checkbook,
Help take care of the granddaughters,
Troubleshoot son's friend's mtb wheels and why they are not holding air,
Tell wife I love her many times!!!!!

(not necessarily in that order)

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
patterson....25k....needs work...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
after his Alfa thread, i would pay money to watch his boat buying process :rofl:
We were talking ergs, so racing type boats. Not a hard process really. Only a few providers and it really comes down to how much weight you want to pay to reduce.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Dropped the FJ off for a super-80s Michael J Fox wet dream tube bumper fabrication and aux light install...hopefully we're done Friday!

It's modeled on a Smittybilt style dual-tube with a pushbar/bull-bar loop, but I lowered the profile/weight/bulk by using a bent upper tube instead of the separate welded structure. Made room to put the driving lights a tad lower to keep it below the level of the TOYOTA logo.

1620836106418.png

I wanted to use original KC Daylighters for the yellow smile, but the housings are too deep so I went with the newer, cheaper style. Stone guards are more practical than a removable cover anyhow. Maybe we'll make some covers ourselves for decoration, and/or go yellow on the grilles.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Is that the one makes people allergic to meat?
Not that I'm aware of.
Closely related diseases but wrong tick

Lone star tick --> human monocytic ehrlichiosis --> possible alpha-gal syndrome with red meat allergy

Black legged deer tick --> anaplasmosis, née human granulocytic ehrlichiosis

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh dude, John, that sucks. Please give her all our best. Sophie will doubtless want to make a get-well bit of artwork. I'll send it on.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
New old frame build today and ridden today. Since it was the same frame everything felt just like before except now I have the same paint job as @Serial Midget. So nice to back on the bike I feel much better.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ugh- had a phone screen that went well and moved on to a formal "zoom" interview, but then they pulled the title and swapped it for a rung below where I am now. Really like this company and enjoyed speaking with the boss, but I don't want to waste anybody's time interviewing for a position I won't take.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
New old frame build today and ridden today. Since it was the same frame everything felt just like before except now I have the same paint job as @Serial Midget. So nice to back on the bike I feel much better.
Good for you. :thumb: I am still waiting for mine. :stosh:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ugh- had a phone screen that went well and moved on to a formal "zoom" interview, but then they pulled the title and swapped it for a rung below where I am now. Really like this company and enjoyed speaking with the boss, but I don't want to waste anybody's time interviewing for a position I won't take.
so don't. point it out. ask them if that was an error or if the switch is accurate. if they verify it is accurate, politely explain that wasn't the position you had submitted for and that in the interest of not wasting everyone's time you are withdrawing your application but if the position you *did* want & apply for becomes available you'd still be interested