Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Got some small town drama happening right outside the front door! Might need to crack a cold Coors Light and watch the magic unfold…

CFEFC858-0F1D-4800-B9E8-79FE27C72842.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The question is, will @Full Trucker be the local resident in bath robe and wife beater who gets interviewed when the news truck shows up?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah - that's where the flashing should be. There actually shouldn't be any "sealant" on the top... unless you're talking about something else.

View attachment 161995
Flashing is there. But when the water hits the flashing, it just disappears. No draining out the bottom or sheening to the sides. Just gone.

I'm pretty sure there is damage from the hot-cold cycles on the windows. Outside temp over the deck is probably 120* right now and it's not that hot out right now.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Flashing is there. But when the water hits the flashing, it just disappears. No draining out the bottom or sheening to the sides. Just gone.

I'm pretty sure there is damage from the hot-cold cycles on the windows. Outside temp over the deck is probably 120* right now and it's not that hot out right now.
Found the window ppwk from the prior owner. It was installed by the maker, so the warranty should be intact. We'll find out tomorrow...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
well, after having a hard time finding cottages to rent at the end of August, my wife found a condo in the MSA complex... with an integrated water park! She sent it to me on a lark, but I surprised her and said let's do it! Looks like we'll be heading there for a week! I hope to get at least one day of lift riding in with at least one of my boys, and maybe head over to check out the Sentiers du Moulin for a day... otherwise checking out old Quebec could be nice too... I'm actually stoked!
Nice! Have you been to either one before?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Nice! Have you been to either one before?
Nope! Not to ride anyways. But a few buddies have. They keep trying to convince me to go instead of Vermont. They're enamored with the Nielson loop. But big long pedally rides aren't really my jam. If I'm going on a road trip, I want good gravity riding. (not necessarily lift assisted, but I want awesome tech downhills). It was only when I saw SdM that I started to consider the Quebec City area as a potential road trip destination.

Going with the family will allow me to check it out for myself. Who knows, maybe my older boy will want to try the Neilson loop...? But my money is on him preferring to ride the lifts at MSA!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nope! Not to ride anyways. But a few buddies have. They keep trying to convince me to go instead of Vermont. They're enamored with the Nielson loop. But big long pedally rides aren't really my jam. If I'm going on a road trip, I want good gravity riding. (not necessarily lift assisted, but I want awesome tech downhills). It was only when I saw SdM that I started to consider the Quebec City area as a potential road trip destination.

Going with the family will allow me to check it out for myself. Who knows, maybe my older boy will want to try the Neilson loop...? But my money is on him preferring to ride the lifts at MSA!
Well the Nielson loop is really good, but yeah that is a big day of pedaling. :p

L'Aurore and Légende sound more your style - climb up, turn around and bomb all the way back down. And not everyday that you get to ride down an actual water fall...

You'll have a lot of trail at SdM to choose from! They all look good - a lot of it was closed when we went because of a monsoon that rolled through.

MSA is hooooge and if you like tech, you'll love it. The blue "flow" trail beat the crap out of my hands, it just such a long trail, fast and filled with little ripples of rock and braking bumps.

One thing to note about MSA, it looks like the gondola is only running until August 2nd. The other lift they use has a +100m climb to it from the parking lot. That got tiring after a few runs last year...

me on Legende last year...this is at the bottom of the water fall section on the big slab. There is a lookout platform at the bottom, but for a moment when you come over the top of the crest, it looks like you're about to ride off a cliff into the abyss. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Found the window ppwk from the prior owner. It was installed by the maker, so the warranty should be intact. We'll find out tomorrow...
If it's like our lifetime warranty you'll discover you were supposed to request a warranty transfer within 30 days of moving in...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Well the Nielson loop is really good, but yeah that is a big day of pedaling. :p

L'Aurore and Légende sound more your style - climb up, turn around and bomb all the way back down. And not everyday that you get to ride down an actual water fall...

You'll have a lot of trail at SdM to choose from! They all look good - a lot of it was closed when we went because of a monsoon that rolled through.

MSA is hooooge and if you like tech, you'll love it. The blue "flow" trail beat the crap out of my hands, it just such a long trail, fast and filled with little ripples of rock and braking bumps.

One thing to note about MSA, it looks like the gondola is only running until August 2nd. The other lift they use has a +100m climb to it from the parking lot. That got tiring after a few runs last year...

me on Legende last year...this is at the bottom of the water fall section on the big slab. There is a lookout platform at the bottom, but for a moment when you come over the top of the crest, it looks like you're about to ride off a cliff into the abyss. :D
If I ride the lifts, it will likely be with my boy. We'll likely stick to blue trails. I see this as an opportunity to get him good and hooked on mountain biking. I may do a day trip up to MSS to give him a sense of what lift a real day of lift riding is like. He got his first taste last year at Thanksgiving and Mont Ste Marie - but only about 4 runs on one trail. He hasn't wanted to ride cross country since then... only park!