Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So one of the guys I work with is in his 70s and gets public housing assistance. The hotel he was living at also housed less desirable section 8 folks that trashed the place so everyone got kicked out. County is trying to relocate him locally. So in the meantime we have taken in his dog. She seems to fit in well with our guys and is starting to play and explore the house. We got her last night and will stay with us until he gets a new place
IMG_20210720_211442775.jpg
IMG_20210721_060910184~2.jpg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Here, trying to look busy until I can grab lunch and go home for a ride this afternoon. I mean, totalling working these last couple weeks...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yea, something happened to it over the weekend. it isn't as bad as when i originally injured it in 2015, but its close.
Sorry to hear. When I injure my back, it's usually from pulling a muscle due to being a fat fuck and pretending like I'm a lumberjack/weightlifter/fit dude. It goes away with stretching and heat, generally....so I am lucky and not envious of those who have true back problems.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Back home now, dogs are happy we've returned.

Keeping busy shuffling papers. Gotta love the part of a project where you make no meaningful progress other than giving copious updates to people in "management".

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thinking about murdering coworkers who setup 6:00 AM meetings and ask me to present to executives during them.
Set up availability on your calendar. Block out early morning shit. I'm flat out not available before 8am or after 5pm MT.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:wave:

Back home now, dogs are happy we've returned.

Keeping busy shuffling papers. Gotta love the part of a project where you make no meaningful progress other than giving copious updates to people in "management".
did your bro wind up taking any meaningful action to deal with the belligerent venue owner?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
did your bro wind up taking any meaningful action to deal with the belligerent venue owner?
They are trying to figure out what can be done and gathering accounts from guests at the party. At last count, 10 of the female guests reported uncomfortable or inappropriate encounters with the owner.

So, more to come.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Set up availability on your calendar. Block out early morning shit. I'm flat out not available before 8am or after 5pm MT.

LOL, it already is blocked out. We can see how well that works.

I am in product development. Once a month we have to present to leadership. If they don't like what you see you get moved or your project gets shit canned. A year ago there were 8 people working on this project. I am the last one left. I don't really care about the project, but I am pretty much ignoring all the direction and advice from people on how to execute it the normal slow bullshit corporate way and am trying to sho how to get shit done by being smart about it. So I certainly could refuse and have someone else present this shit, and have it get immediately shit canned.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
LOL, it already is blocked out. We can see how well that works.
I have a single, recurrent 30 minute meeting on Fridays. HR schedules a meet-n-greet coffee talk that overlaps with it every 3 weeks. I never go. I wish people could figure out the correlation.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They are trying to figure out what can be done and gathering accounts from guests at the party. At last count, 10 of the female guests reported uncomfortable or inappropriate encounters with the owner.

So, more to come.
Rape kit. Needed to be done day 1. Not sure if it was, but that's a serious hindering of process if not.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am in ur hospitalz doing fluoroscopy studies today

no tubes up pee-holes or anuses on the schedule, only contrast per os

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Looks like some friends in Long Beach have a rental duplex which will have space available in October. The rent isn't much more than what I'm paying now, and it adds a second bedroom and a couple hundred square feet, and a bigger yard, and a small garage. I know the couple in the other half of the duplex. I've been friends with the landlords for years, and they live almost walking distance from the duplex.

The problem? STAIRS. It's a top floor unit with decent/manageable stairs in the front. The ones in the back were hard for me to manage (I've been to parties there), but have been redone. Now I have to do a scouting mission and consider if I could tolerate the daily use of the stairs. Hauling groceries, laundry, etc.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I put that on my self-evaluation... haven't yet received any feedback. :homer:
see my
Looks like some friends in Long Beach have a rental duplex which will have space available in October. The rent isn't much more than what I'm paying now, and it adds a second bedroom and a couple hundred square feet, and a bigger yard, and a small garage. I know the couple in the other half of the duplex. I've been friends with the landlords for years, and they live almost walking distance from the duplex.

The problem? STAIRS. It's a top floor unit with decent/manageable stairs in the front. The ones in the back were hard for me to manage (I've been to parties there), but have been redone. Now I have to do a scouting mission and consider if I could tolerate the daily use of the stairs. Hauling groceries, laundry, etc.

Get one of those Boston Dynamics robot dogs and ride it up and down stairs.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Z Pulley system out a window and haul that shit up in a canvas bag. If you set it up correctly you could even hook yourself and haul yourself up to freak out the hood

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Got a nastrygram from HR saying that I was being overly negative on my way out the door and that they were getting reports that I was being a stink. I have no idea what I may have said as I have tried to be as cautious as possible before I depart... This comes less than 24h after hearing HR tell me how much they appreciated having me around and will miss me after i leave, and that the door is always open should I decide to come back. The absolute drama at this place...yeesh.