Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got a nastrygram from HR saying that I was being overly negative on my way out the door and that they were getting reports that I was being a stink. I have no idea what I may have said as I have tried to be as cautious as possible before I depart... This comes less than 24h after hearing HR tell me how much they appreciated having me around and will miss me after i leave, and that the door is always open should I decide to come back. The absolute drama at this place...yeesh.
i'll bet you a neon nickel that your soon to be former boss made up some bullshit

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Looks like some friends in Long Beach have a rental duplex which will have space available in October. The rent isn't much more than what I'm paying now, and it adds a second bedroom and a couple hundred square feet, and a bigger yard, and a small garage. I know the couple in the other half of the duplex. I've been friends with the landlords for years, and they live almost walking distance from the duplex.

The problem? STAIRS. It's a top floor unit with decent/manageable stairs in the front. The ones in the back were hard for me to manage (I've been to parties there), but have been redone. Now I have to do a scouting mission and consider if I could tolerate the daily use of the stairs. Hauling groceries, laundry, etc.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Got a nastrygram from HR saying that I was being overly negative on my way out the door and that they were getting reports that I was being a stink. I have no idea what I may have said as I have tried to be as cautious as possible before I depart... This comes less than 24h after hearing HR tell me how much they appreciated having me around and will miss me after i leave, and that the door is always open should I decide to come back. The absolute drama at this place...yeesh.
so what you're saying is, the upper decker on the last day is ON!

mildly productive day thus far. trying to finalize our group for snowshoe in a few weeks so we can decide on whether we're renting a house or a condo.

booked a place in the north georgia mtns for the fam for the following week. got the same house we stayed in last year. woot.

new stem i forgot i ordered came today. must go install.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Picked up some more rhododendrons for the garden. Just some small very young plants this time. One Is Rhododendron Smokianum. I thought that was pretty funny name for all the bong shed lovers. Turns out it normally lives in high elevation in the Smoky mountains so unfortunately not bong shed named.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Got just-daughter time tonight. We've been out to eat like every night the past week including ice cream and stuff. Maybe we stay in and do patty melts off the grill and watch some TV or something.

She just lost it on me over a game of scrabble so I gotta tread lightly.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got just-daughter time tonight. We've been out to eat like every night the past week including ice cream and stuff. Maybe we stay in and do patty melts off the grill and watch some TV or something.

She just lost it on me over a game of scrabble so I gotta tread lightly.
Watch out for Scrabble, it turns violent. I still have nerve damage after taking a tequila bottle to the face after a particularly heated game.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
that reminds me that I need a shingles vax. Maybe when the new flu vaxxes arrive…
It's a two-shot series. Going back in October for the 2nd round. That'll probably be good timing on getting my flu shot at the same time...

Thermometers were all infrared forehead reads. :mad:

I did get a referral for my... uhhh... Full Monty exam. :panic:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rode some dh after work. Race night at the hill, if you opt into that.

The kid of our group, who only started riding mountain bikes just over a year ago and whom just recieved his first full suspension good bike placed third in the amateur men's category (18 - 40 age group). Pretty cool to see him learn so quickly and do well. He said thank you to the two of us riding with him tonight, for showing him how to descend a trail without killing yourself. :rofl:

@mykel sorry...I took out a piece of trail on Smith. Derp. Almost ate it hard when the trail decided to slide away...

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Been having problems with painful tennis elbow for the past few weeks. Emailed my PT, as I am old enough to have a PT on retainer, he just told me to go figure it out and get back to him if I can't, fucker.

Spent the last few hours reading about tendonitis vs tendinosis, realized I was approaching it wrong and now am trying a different approach with exercises. My PT is a lazy fucker but this will probably be faster than trying to go see him.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Been having problems with painful tennis elbow for the past few weeks. Emailed my PT, as I am old enough to have a PT on retainer, he just told me to go figure it out and get back to him if I can't, fucker.

Spent the last few hours reading about tendonitis vs tendinosis, realized I was approaching it wrong and now am trying a different approach with exercises. My PT is a lazy fucker but this will probably be faster than trying to go see him.
Get one of these
1626952239020.jpeg

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Totally second this.
I also do lots of the pointing and the clicking and the typytyping and these really help with the aftermath of that. I didn’t realise how much they would be so good for it.
I actually bought them because ebike; I ride harder and for a fair bit longer now so I needed much more forearm strength and stamina. I got them for that and they have helped; my forearm pump is way less on the trail now, but they also have an awesome side effect of really helping OOS/RSI type shit. Go hard a couple three times a week and it’s a big help.
I recently like the pill shaped one more as it feels easier to target bits of your arm and to me is more ‘bike feelings’ appropriate; you can hold it like your bar more.

Last edited: