Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
hey lol. 2600 yard swim done. I don't know why the pool chemicals set off my allergies during the summer but not the winter. Maybe there is more pee in the water this time of year. Anyway, the weather forecast has certainly improved today and my planned Kickr ride will now be done outside.

Got to walk the dogs now. I still can't believe we adopted a pitbull, and all the dog wants to do is love us to death.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So no security cameras or lights? Time to pick your spot!
the Something Steamer*

take a dump in the middle of the floor, then run an office chair through it.

i coined this term but did not use "Something" but the last name of a colleague who's last name starts with S, but withholding that for privacy.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I am watching the replay of the women's xc Olympic race. What's with the whistles in the woods? Is that a xc race thing? Is it to alert people that a rider is coming? The whistles are constant and makes me wonder if they are even necessary.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Figured out last night after my ride that one of my favorite mile long sections of the Crest trail, when combined with my favorite descent spur off the Crest trail, net 3200' of descending over 7-3/4 miles with ZERO climbingª. I'm gonna go see if I can get it done in less than 40 minutes here real soon.

ª For clarity: zero sustained climbing. There are a few ~20 foot punchy sections, but I'd bet I can count them on one hand without using a thumb.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I am watching the replay of the women's xc Olympic race. What's with the whistles in the woods? Is that a xc race thing? Is it to alert people that a rider is coming? The whistles are constant and makes me wonder if they are even necessary.
the womens coverage was terrible compared to the mens race. started 30 minutes into the race, never showed anyone outside the top 10, and the broadcast cut after the top 10 finishers.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It's bullshit and the only people that like it are the executives who have their own offices.
They recently converted a portion of our facility to hoteling, with the other half assigned office and cubes. I ended up with an assigned cube, by a window too. Which will in theory be handy for those times when I can't avoid going into the office.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
must be so race officials don't step onto the course when a rider is coming by. whistles provided by the Dutch cycling federation.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Closed on a HELOC today. Mobile notary at our house, 15 minutes of paperwork, nice and easy.

Prime rate - 1.01%, so 2.24% at the moment.

Next up: pool with wife and all kids, picking up my home PACS workstation for work from home goodness, a section Zoom meeting, and hanging out with the baby at home.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Here.

Forest fire smoke in the air had the air feeling like there was no O2 in it last night, was a tough ride. Seat/Short/Setup still not quite right, was sliding off the front of the saddle all night, but no pain at least, tweaking must continue.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
hey lol. 2600 yard swim done. I don't know why the pool chemicals set off my allergies during the summer but not the winter. Maybe there is more pee in the water this time of year. Anyway, the weather forecast has certainly improved today and my planned Kickr ride will now be done outside.

Got to walk the dogs now. I still can't believe we adopted a pitbull, and all the dog wants to do is love us to death.
Eastern Tasmanian Death Hounds are known for that.