Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
PM'ing shit jobs related to our basement renovation job. Nothing like cleaning up shit after misc contractors.

Took a fall on the bike yesterday. Forgot to get around a rock and clipped it with a pedal. Mostly hurt the first joint on right thumb. What sucked more was prefect weather and had such a good flow on the bike.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
first day at the new job in the books. looks like it's going to be a good fit. Bathrooms have floor to ceiling doors and music piped in. It's the best mid-afternoon shit I've ever had at work. When I left, I bumped into a guy who was going for a 70mi bike ride on a nice titanium firefly right from the front door. Fingers crossed nobody is a psycho.

did a little zwift this morning. Have to figure out how to do better rides than just derping around.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'm here lol. Swam for an hour this morning. I've got a half ironman this Sunday and my shitty swimming has gotten not quiet as shitty lately, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
first day at the new job in the books. looks like it's going to be a good fit. Bathrooms have floor to ceiling doors and music piped in. It's the best mid-afternoon shit I've ever had at work. When I left, I bumped into a guy who was going for a 70mi bike ride on a nice titanium firefly right from the front door. Fingers crossed nobody is a psycho.

did a little zwift this morning. Have to figure out how to do better rides than just derping around.
1628079698888.png

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:

Anxiety day. About what, you ask? Nothing really, just that general feeling of doom cascading throughout my body.

Well you are about to have a kid. Seems like a pretty solid reason.

I had a bright spot yesterday. My fucked up elbow felt good enough to get a few pull ups in. It may be healed in time for the downfall of society. I really want to have good machete swinging form when the time comes.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ugh, my two cats were never snuggle buddies but last nights something happened and they got into a bad fight, I think something outside triggered their stress/aggression. One of them is now reclusive and hissing at us. I am stressed as fuck.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

I had a bright spot yesterday. My fucked up elbow felt good enough to get a few pull ups in. It may be healed in time for the downfall of society. I really want to have good machete swinging form when the time comes.
Makes me think I should actually do something about the minor rotator cuff injury in my right shoulder I got in a fall a few weeks ago. Need to be able to swing the mace with a nice free flowing form when required.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today I learned that the singer in Offspring has a PhD in molecular biology and is a pilot who has completed a solo flight around the world. Very cool.

For me, it's just another day at work. But will get to enjoy some "dh" after work with some friends.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Will climb para desayuno.

This really is amazing to have, even if it costs a whole $2.50.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1628086516380_6828689787999525178.jpeg

I mean it even has swanky bike racks.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Moderately busy today. Wifey is getting stressed out by the mess in the house, so part of my day is going to be cleaning up. Haley needs a QR seat clamp, because it's way cheaper than a new dropper, so off to the shop today. @Full Trucker's Joplin ended up not working - oh well, we tried.

New couch that Wifey ordered in October is supposed to arrive tomorrow and we kinda forgot to get rid of the current one. So free couch listed on Facebook and Craigslist in the hopes it's gone by EOD.

In other Offspring news…

Yeah, dude. You are unsafe. Deal with it asshole.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Yeah, dude. You are unsafe. Deal with it asshole.
He was concerned about getting the vaccine cause of his Guillen-Barre syndrome and the side effects.

Of course, he then went on to say that he's had covid once already and continues to tour, so clearly he's not that worried about it.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy:

1628089995849.png

Ugh, my two cats were never snuggle buddies but last nights something happened and they got into a bad fight, I think something outside triggered their stress/aggression. One of them is now reclusive and hissing at us. I am stressed as fuck.
"Get two cats," they said.
"It'll be fun," they said.

They lied. :mad:

This really is amazing to have, even if it costs a whole $2.50.

View attachment 163027

I mean it even has swanky bike racks.
Is that an ENTIRE plantain back there?!? Good god I'm hungry now for plantains... :drool:

With so many occupations, how does he keep 'em separated?

Here. Moderately busy today. Wifey is getting stressed out by the mess in the house, so part of my day is going to be cleaning up.
Easier to simply txt her this helpful website: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/latest-parenting-trend-ctfd-method_b_3588031

:homer:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

another day of lounging about in Seattle is planned

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ride Conclusions:

Yes, that was the biggest platano I have ever seen much less eaten. Perfect for a continued climb followed by huge descent lol.

The 29er Age is here for me now, too, and I realize the benefits for both long rides and mashing over everything but I still can't make the bike slide thru the tight stuff just right yet.

I think I need a lower bar to help with my cornering, and while this Ti flat bar is sweet, my wrists progressively ache...need moar sweep. So I will slam the stem and go back to a lightweight 15mm riser I have.

29ers also facilitate Blue Steel.

Ed:. Also, Aggressors really are excellent trail tires here, front and rear. So glad to have put them on. Those Forekasters really didn't jive well with the local soil...it's hard but greasy-slippery for the most part and they just did not hold.

Attachments

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
More if a "the house is a fucking mess and I can't handle it" situation. When work is stressful as fuck it can make one feel out of control. A clean house is something you can control, and if it's not clean, you feel like you're losing control of everything. So I get to be today's house cleaner. Also need to order cabinets and a wine fridge.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
More if a "the house is a fucking mess and I can't handle it" situation. When work is stressful as fuck it can make one feel out of control. A clean house is something you can control, and if it's not clean, you feel like you're losing control of everything. So I get to be today's house cleaner. Also need to order cabinets and a wine fridge.
Sounds like you need a maid.

:fancy:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Had the worst dentist visit experience I've ever had yesterday. New hygienist at my dentist office, and she just stressed me out. Too manic, not calm, no communication about what she was doing or about to do, just a bad experience with lots of anxiety for me. On top of that, it was also one of the most painful teeth cleanings I've ever had, even more pain than the two (or is it three?) root canals I've had done. I got up and walked out not even half way through. It wasn't a pretty scene, but everyone survived. Now of course I have to go back, as I still need my teeth cleaned. So that gets to happen on Thursday morning, but it'll be with the dentist (who has always cleaned my teeth and anything else that has needed to be done) and not this new person. Though moving forward, the practice is growing and the Dr. is moving away from full-service like he used to be, and he'll just concentrate on fillings, crowns, and more complicated dental work. They're hiring another hygienist, and the two of them will handle all the more mundane stuff. Might need to find a new dentist, unless I can get it sorted out with them and get their new person to CTFD and not stress me out.