Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Had the worst dentist visit experience I've ever had yesterday. New hygienist at my dentist office, and she just stressed me out. Too manic, not calm, no communication about what she was doing or about to do, just a bad experience with lots of anxiety for me. On top of that, it was also one of the most painful teeth cleanings I've ever had, even more pain than the two (or is it three?) root canals I've had done. I got up and walked out not even half way through. It wasn't a pretty scene, but everyone survived. Now of course I have to go back, as I still need my teeth cleaned. So that gets to happen on Thursday morning, but it'll be with the dentist (who has always cleaned my teeth and anything else that has needed to be done) and not this new person. Though moving forward, the practice is growing and the Dr. is moving away from full-service like he used to be, and he'll just concentrate on fillings, crowns, and more complicated dental work. They're hiring another hygienist, and the two of them will handle all the more mundane stuff. Might need to find a new dentist, unless I can get it sorted out with them and get their new person to CTFD and not stress me out.
We had one hygenist at our office that was SO rough....I ended up with her at one point and I called them afterward and said that we would NEVER want her to clean our children's teeth nor would my husband or I like to be scheduled with her. She didn't last long (thankfully) and now we have 2 that are great! I could fall asleep while they're working!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
BUSY week here. Teaching an enrichment class in the mornings then running the youngest to gymnastics while I take the oldest and some of the JV/Varsity girls to a local college's field hockey team training camp. I did manage to sneak away for an hour an a half last night to get in a nice mountain bike ride with the youngest and then soloed while she rode with Sq-Earl. She is pretty fierce and fearless on the technical stuff (for those who have ridden with us, we took her to one of the loops at SMBA/Daniels Road) and only had a couple of "hard no" walk down the feature moments. She even made a couple of tricky climbs. It totally made my night! Probably a short run while the girls are at camp tonight...I won't have room to put the bike on the back of the car and haven't gotten the damn roof rails for my CRV yet to put it on the roof.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It's been pretty fun. I have been teaching a group of 10 middle schoolers how to use iMovie. We have made a couple of just photo reel movies and mixed media and our final project is a welcome back/PBIS trailer for the first day of school's morning announcements. The kids are having a little too much fun with it lol.
Oh. I thought you were teaching people how to get RICH! :D

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Beat feet from Smokey LosBozangeles to sneak in a lazy river SUP (two drink minimum) in slightly less smokey Idaho before the next round of moisture...

IMG_20210804_182014999.jpg

Pulled over to watch this asshole eat for a while, and replied to new to me client email for more /////work.

IMG_20210804_172717857.jpg

I do my best business development on "vacation" mode with a cold one in hand, thank you FSM for your sick sense of humor.

Floaty 'shed next on the agenda, and yes despite all the complaining about work and no biking, my life is still (very much) better than your* vacation...

IMG_20210804_183818975_compress94.jpg

*This guy who is surrounded by blue ribbon water but fishing the white trash Riviera, not you poo flinging monkeys...

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My neighbors Kids have been plotting against me. Finally they made their move. I was defenseless against their onslaught. I was unprepared for their hateful vengeance and precision in their strike against me. It was awful. 6 year old's can be some cruel ass mother fuckers. I almost cried while they taunted me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Ride Conclusions:

Yes, that was the biggest platano I have ever seen much less eaten. Perfect for a continued climb followed by huge descent lol.

The 29er Age is here for me now, too, and I realize the benefits for both long rides and mashing over everything but I still can't make the bike slide thru the tight stuff just right yet.

I think I need a lower bar to help with my cornering, and while this Ti flat bar is sweet, my wrists progressively ache...need moar sweep. So I will slam the stem and go back to a lightweight 15mm riser I have.

29ers also facilitate Blue Steel.

Ed:. Also, Aggressors really are excellent trail tires here, front and rear. So glad to have put them on. Those Forekasters really didn't jive well with the local soil...it's hard but greasy-slippery for the most part and they just did not hold.
I am often surprised how quickly I can get my big 29er moving around on tight trails. I am not exactly sure how but sharper countersteering inputs has a lot to do with it.