Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I need to tighten the rear hub on my townie bike. Pretty sure I have teh cone wrenches to do it, just need to remember to do it before I go and ride it to the brewery. Trail bike also needs a pretty massive service, probably gonna hire that one out.

In other news, I think we have nearly all the boxes of stuff that go in the house actually in the house and unpacked and put away. Next thing to do will be to get the garage into some semblance of order, the state it's in is one of (though not the only) reason for hiring out trail bike maintenance. But yeah no yeah, once the garage is somewhat organized I'll be able to work on bikes, tune skis, and start revamping the '75 Schwinn Speedster I found on the side of the road.

Except I won't, because what I really oughtta focus on is getting the historic shed converted into an office space for me. Which reminds me, I oughtta call that electrician today and see if I can get them booked to run power out there. That would be step one. Step two would be finding some windows and a new door.

FKNA.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
3/5 febrile in my house now. Monday test for kid 3 negative, at least, so garden variety cooties?

WFH.

update: now 4/5 either febrile this morning or yesterday. I am the last holdout

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Job interviews at 7AM == kill list. A friend is trying to rope me in joining her team but I did not feel it today.
Ooh, but it sounds like your current job=kill list. Can you tough it through so you can be "party hats" on the other side? I had to google that one.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
je suis aqui

I think this carvana deal is going to unwind itself. Between my self-doubt on buying big engine RWD car in new england and them being absolute jackshafts, I will likely end up buying locally. Admittedly, I placed my order before a three day weekend, but I sent in all of the documents they require. Still, the deadline for verification expired but they never asked me for anything else, so I'm left wondering WTF. I don't really want to deal with a dealership in the current market, but the stress this is causing isn't worth the squeeze.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
2am sleep time. 7am wake time. FTS is 12. Work. Call with accountant about MIL's condo today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ooh, but it sounds like your current job=kill list. Can you tough it through so you can be "party hats" on the other side? I had to google that one.
Current job is on a zombie list as we're running out of money so I need to start looking again.

God how I hate job hunting. :mad:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
ooof. fuck this shit.
What this guy said.

Back at work and already its a shit show. FOR EXAMPLE, someone writes an email to my boss and cc's all sorts of people about something that isn't working. WELL SON, maybe if YOUR team didn't fuck around and unplug that network cable, YOUR shit wouldn't be broke'd.

So now I have to go to a building that I normally don't go - was expecting to just work from home today.

OH WELL.

Least I have a bunch of juicy ass honeycrisp apples though!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
was able to re-book the post-surgery follow-up appointment I missed last week for today. I am checking the time and date hourly so I can make sure I don't miss it again. :bonk:

so on todays docket is physio, followed by surgeon. I'm looking forward to finding out how much longer I will need this corset, and whether I can get back to work. I'm starting to get a little stir-crazy.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Job interviews at 7AM == kill list. A friend is trying to rope me in joining her team but I did not feel it today.
Job with friend is usually better than a job without a friend.

I've held several positions where good friends were coworkers, and it was one of the best parts of working there.

Current job is on a zombie list as we're running out of money so I need to start looking again.

God how I hate job hunting. :mad:
Also, holler if you want me to look and see if my company has anything appropriate. Chances are it would be mostly remote and the company is pretty stable.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Job with friend is usually better than a job without a friend.

I've held several positions where good friends were coworkers, and it was one of the best parts of working there.

Also, holler if you want me to look and see if my company has anything appropriate. Chances are it would be mostly remote and the company is pretty stable.
It makes a big difference. I became good friends with a few people on my last project, made a few enemies. I have nothing in common and have no interest in any non work related conversations with my current team. They spent 20 minutes yesterday at the beginning of a meeting talking about major league soccer.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
It makes a big difference. I became good friends with a few people on my last project, made a few enemies. I have nothing in common and have no interest in any non work related conversations with my current team. They spent 20 minutes yesterday at the beginning of a meeting talking about major league soccer.
Major league *what*, now? :confused: :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got word back from first mold guy. Most of growth in the unit is "organic material". Ie mildew. There is definite mold in the kitchen and around a patio door, but didn't test as black. Obviously not as bad as possible, but still not great. He did let us know that the leak is coming in from the outside, which is due to damage in the stucco. The stucco however has asbestos in it. He knows this because he's done jobs there before.

So we can celebrate that it's not as bad as it could have been, while still being kicked in the shins for the asbestos. Thankfully that is external, which means the HOA is paying for it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I think it is some kind of dramatic theatrical league that plays out old Greek dramas where at the end everyone suffers tragic injuries to only recover in seconds. Clearly precursors to resurrection mythology.
professional wrestling...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Have a missed call from Michigantown Indiana. I can't think of a less desirable sounding place in the world.