Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got to have a nice 45min conversation with MIL. I did apologize, but she acknowledged that while what I said was said very blunt, she needed to hear it. She has agreed to let Wifey and I take over the reno process. She just wants to be kept abreast of what's going on, but we're decision making now. Finally.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got to have a nice 45min conversation with MIL. I did apologize, but she acknowledged that while what I said was said very blunt, she needed to hear it. She has agreed to let Wifey and I take over the reno process. She just wants to be kept abreast of what's going on, but we're decision making now. Finally.
tl;dr stoney has to keep his MIL abreast.

:D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Operation Lunch Ride: Success

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Easier than plumbing.*

*this from a guy who won't do yard maintenance.
I'm kinda mostly not afraid, but also the electrical is the only thing in Operation: Bong Shed that I'll need to get a permit for. And since it'll be my office, I'll want to heat it in the winter and cool it in the summer, and I'll be powering all my electronical whatnottery for mah jerrrbs, I'd just as soon* have someone who really knows what they're doing do it so as to minimize the likelihood that I'll die in a Bong Shed fire.

I don't know what would be more depressing, being in Indiana and going to Michigan or getting out of Michigan to end up in Indiana.
Yes.

*TIL what an eggcorn is.

Huh, always seemed like a cheery bunch to me.

:rofl:

I find the best way to get along with them is to find a topic you are both passionate in complaining about.
I found the best way to get along with machinists was to ask them to teach me their art, to which they responded with instruction ("You will notice that at no time do my fingers leave my hands.") and friendship.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
I find the best way to get along with them is to find a topic you are both passionate in complaining about.
Like MLS soccer? Ask them what they think of Gregggg Berhalter and his handling of the USMNT

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I found the best way to get along with machinists was to ask them to teach me their art, to which they responded with instruction ("You will notice that at no time do my fingers leave my hands.") and friendship.
And to sweeping up all your chips/cleaning the machine. I'm not sure I've run into a group of people more anal about cleaning up after oneself.

Learned that one the hard way.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Operation Lunch Ride: Success

I'm kinda mostly not afraid, but also the electrical is the only thing in Operation: Bong Shed that I'll need to get a permit for. And since it'll be my office, I'll want to heat it in the winter and cool it in the summer, and I'll be powering all my electronical whatnottery for mah jerrrbs, I'd just as soon* have someone who really knows what they're doing do it so as to minimize the likelihood that I'll die in a Bong Shed fire.

Yes.

*TIL what an eggcorn is.
There will be no more dying here. Thanks... Operation Bongshed must be a success.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I hate machinists. That is all.
I hate Wallpaperists. Or whatever they are called. With the option of paint. You somehow chose wall paper. Fuck you idiot... You didn't even line up the pattern asshole. If anyone ever says hey lets wall paper the bathroom and the kitchen. Stand tall and say no. Trust me on this...

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
I hate Wallpaperists. Or whatever they are called. With the option of paint. You somehow chose wall paper. Fuck you idiot... You didn't even line up the pattern asshole. If anyone ever says hey lets wall paper the bathroom and the kitchen. Stand tall and say no. Trust me on this...
You’re not a decorator if you can’t line up the pattern. Holy shit that’s just pathetic. I can even line up the pattern.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
You’re not a decorator if you can’t line up the pattern. Holy shit that’s just pathetic. I can even line up the pattern.
I am sorry. It was just a offhand comment about wall paper. I did not realize you're a Wallpaperist. I mean no offense... Excuse me please...