Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I have read all the replies to this thread as of Squeeb's 1:43 offering.

I just had my biweekly staff meeting. I don't know why we do things things every two weeks. Seems like once a month would suffice, but I'll stick to the biweekly schedule just for the mere sake of doing something as the manager. I swear I spend three times as long preparing than the meeting actually takes. What kind of asshole hosts a meeting without being prepared tho?
I think it has been at least 3 years since we held a staff meeting. Even my CEO considers them to be a waste of time. That and that we run three shifts with folks spread out in the field by up to 100 miles all day.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also found out I get tomorrow off, that's crazy. I've never gotten V Day off before. The weather is shit but I am taking advantage of cheap golf at an expensive course because fuck it. :rofl:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What kind of asshole hosts a meeting without being prepared tho?
Me. I was asked to host a monthly automation meeting with folks from other teams. I am literally the only one doing anything with the automation and nobody really cares what I'm doing, but we meet anyway. It usually goes about 15 of the scheduled 30 minutes, tops.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Me. I was asked to host a monthly automation meeting with folks from other teams. I am literally the only one doing anything with the automation and nobody really cares what I'm doing, but we meet anyway. It usually goes about 15 of the scheduled 30 minutes, tops.
Shouldn't your meeting be automated making it unnecessary for you to attend ?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
rounding her and the cubs up and dumping them somewhere deep in the park would be the best thing for them....
They are all collared, and supposedly they are trying to haze them back up north. She has denned in the same area for the last 25 years, so it’s doubtful that she would change now. But that is just this year. Those Cubs now have a range that goes from Yellowstone to almost Hoback. Those little dudes are going to be everywhere, and will change recreation paranoia locally.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
That box doesn’t say Keyence, does it? If it does, in six months you’ll be wishing they’d crushed it…
Yep, Keyence, their new VR6000

What machines are you running and what sort of issues are you having?

Talked with a couple big shops out here with multiple Keyence machines and they love them. Our Mitutoyo rep was quoting a CMM with an optical head and when we mentioned we were looking at Keyence too he just said buy the Keyence, I can't compete.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Yep, Keyence, their new VR6000

What machines are you running and what sort of issues are you having?

Talked with a couple big shops out here with multiple Keyence machines and they love them. Our Mitutoyo rep was quoting a CMM with an optical head and when we mentioned we were looking at Keyence too he just said buy the Keyence, I can't compete.
I am biased, because we compete with Keyence as well as Mitutoyo for that matter. (We manufacture sensors and gages for “everything”dimensional metrology except cmms ) If you are satisfied with the performance of that instrument and it does what you need, that is great! I was just trash talking…