***Wednesday GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
'69 .. 53 this year. I'm old.
I still have a lot of fun though!
Youngest old guy I know :thumb:

Late-80. So depending on which sociologist you read, I'm either last year of Gen-X or first year of Millennials, but definitely a Xennial.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Friends are delicate flowers and bailed on tonight. So I shall keep it local and trudge down/up some hills on the glacial moraine and across some of the kettles ponds. Assuming the snow isn't balls deep, that is.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Spent 30 minutes sitting in traffic today cause someone didn't move their minor fender bender outta the travel lane. Boooooo hiss!

Also, saved 25% on my auto insurance moving our gargling address to the new home.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That place is huge and I'd consider it a discount dealer. They can sell at low prices by turning over tons of inventory without a lot of overhead. Of course now in the after times said discount may be non existent but I doubt they hired a ton of people to deal with the inventory they don't have.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
‘77.

Knee is 99.9% better. Hooray. Spent a great evening in the workshop with a mate sorting out his brakes. Ended up flushing fluids as there was a bit of shit in there. Final bleed was rock solid though, which was very pleasing. Brakes were 2019 SRAM Code RSCs, very well used, and front almost felt like there was scoring in the lever piston, definite notchy feel a little into the stroke to start with but post bleed it vanished completely, which was a nice relief. Also serviced his i9 rear hub, those are nice things.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Thank god it's Wednesday! This week has been crazy and I have a formal observation on Friday so I need to get my shit together lol! I hate the end of the marking period...kids scrambling to turn in work that was due 9 weeks ago and trying to make up all of their missed lessons = me teaching every period of the day and not even getting a lunch break. Oh well...making some homemade chicken pot pies for dinner so that's a plus and plan on drinking a whiskey soon too!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Omg... Today's getting good.

Us to client board 3yrs ago: Hey uh... This plan provision you put into place 15+ years ago wasn't great and you should change it"
Client: "Nah. That involves changing documents and adtl costs."
Us: "No really, this is important."
Client: "we're good"
Us: "got it. I'll just keep this email for future reference."
Client (with Board member planning retirement): "hey uh, why can't I do this? All my other buddies are."
Us: "you remember that thing we told you about a couple years back? I can fwd you the email, if you'd like. Yeah, that's why."
Client:"can we fix it?"
Us: "of course, but it won't help you at this point; just your employees."
Client: "wait. What?"
Us: "Yeah. That's kind of why we told you three years ago."

Remember kids - there is a reason why your service companies, especially those with really long-term relationships, tell you to do something. You should especially listen when it involves them dropping fees to help pay for it too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Us to client board 3yrs ago: Hey uh... This plan provision you put into place 15+ years ago wasn't great and you should change it"
Client (with Board member planning retirement): "hey uh, why can't I do this? All my other buddies are."
Us: "you remember that thing we told you about a couple years back? I can fwd you the email, if you'd like. Yeah, that's why."

Remember kids - there is a reason why your service companies, especially those with really long-term relationships, tell you to do something. You should especially listen when it involves them dropping fees to help pay for it too.
how expensive was their bad decision?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

:popcorn:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Freezing rain outside is turning roads into a skating rink.

This shit doesn't happen often 'round here. :panic:
Zero precip up here, but the fog has spent the day freezing to everything. All vegetation has a nice white coating now.

Good luck with the drive home @Toshi

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
It'd be interesting to construct a list of monkeys by birth dates.
Monkey YearWhenType of Monkey
1932February 6, 1932 – January 25, 1933Water Monkey
1944January 24, 1944 – February 12, 1945Wood Monkey
1956February 12, 1956 – January 30, 1957Fire Monkey
1968January 30, 1968 – February 16, 1969Earth Monkey
1980February 16, 1980 – February 4, 1981Gold Monkey
1992February 4, 1992 – January 22, 1993Water Monkey
2004January 22, 2004 – February 8, 2005Wood Monkey
2016February 8, 2016 – January 27, 2017Fire Monkey
2028January 26, 2028 – February 12, 2029Earth Monkey

Done.