Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, cretins! Another cold morning, another cold run. Looks like it'll warm up today and stay that way for a while, which will be nice. Might even be warm enough to take the road bike out this weekend. I need at least 50 degrees for that.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
We're going from 12F this morning to 60F tomorrow afternoon, high winds and 1/2" of rain into 6" of snow. FTS.
Same same. Twas -15 or -20 the other day. -8 yesterday. Going to +8 today and it'll do a yo-yo of rain-snow-rain-snow.

Oh well.

Buddies and I will attempt a ride tonight. First ride together of the year.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
A foot of snow forecast here for later today/tonight.

Maybe I'll start shoveling now before it starts falling.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Actually onsite for 1 meeting today. Then back home for a meeting with an employee at the same city, 2hrs later.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I am in the market for a phone, but I don't want a giant-assed slippery fragile piece of shit whose display and keyboard tries to warp around its own edges. I want ruggedness, reliability, and a simple but decent camera.
then don't get a Pixel 6. I find it too big. I can't fit it in half the pockets of my jackets and pants. My work S10 is pretty much the perfect size for a phone IMO.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a built of a meltdown at work yesterday. When we started to go back into the office the company made a big deal that all of the managers would be sitting and sharing the same office areas as everyone. Well they really don't like being amongst the unwashed masses and a bunch of them starting setting up shop and using conference rooms as their offices. Well we had one senior manager get pissy when we had the audacity to reserve a the conference room through the appropriate channels that he had decided was his and they changed it so only managers could reserve rooms.

I confronted my boss about it, conveniently in front of a Vice President asking if the expectation for us coming into the office was to have WebEx calls while sitting at our desks all day and to just pay tribute to all the Kings and Queens in their little private manager kingdoms and if coats of arms would be displayed so we knew who to properly grovel to.

As a result my team got moved to a different floor but also got our own permanently assigned rooms.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Had a built of a meltdown at work yesterday. When we started to go back into the office the company made a big deal that all of the managers would be sitting and sharing the same office areas as everyone. Well they really don't like being amongst the unwashed masses and a bunch of them starting setting up shop and using conference rooms as their offices. Well we had one senior manager get pissy when we had the audacity to reserve a the conference room through the appropriate channels that he had decided was his and they changed it so only managers could reserve rooms.

I confronted my boss about it, conveniently in front of a Vice President asking if the expectation for us coming into the office was to have WebEx calls while sitting at our desks all day and to just pay tribute to all the Kings and Queens in their little private manager kingdoms and if coats of arms would be displayed so we knew who to properly grovel to.

As a result my team got moved to a different floor but also got our own permanently assigned rooms.
Well done slugger. Keep it up and the next step will be a move to Bangalore! :rofl:

gonefirefightin

free wieners

Somehow I see your version of a "meltdown" akin to a renaissance glove slap, my version of a meltdown would be

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well done slugger. Keep it up and the next step will be a move to Bangalore! :rofl:
We have an engineering group in India I am actually using on my project right now. We are going to start transitioning away from them soon because it is impossible to get good work out of them. Not because they aren't good engineers but they have so much turnover you lose a person usually right about when they figure out what they are doing.