Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
a block stem is not a handlebar

I've had cracks develop on a thompson but that's about it
Definitely cracked the faceplate on a Thompson before. And Azonic bars... Holy hell. Amazed I didn't die from those. Had a couple fail, but all we're 1-2" bends; never a break.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I didn't think I was allergic to anything except rye grass, turned out Garmin watch straps too, mine really messed my wrist up so I swapped it out to a leather one.

We got a new apprentice that can't read an analogue clock, God it's annoying.
"Which way do I move my hand?" Fuuuuuuuck!
I have also found that my skin is reactive to the Garmin watch straps. I bought my Garmin watch used, and it came with a few other straps which all don't make me break out. I also set said watch face to an analogue display, for fear that I forget how to read an actual clock. I also try to go bowling at an alley without the fancy electronical automagic score keepers every now and again so I don't forget how to manually keep score.

In the 31 years that I’ve been mountain biking a stem is the only component that I haven’t broken, bent or worn out. Even stripped out the inside of a steerer tube and had to use a massive headset bolt to compress the headset. But never any damage to a stem.

Have any of y’all mangled a stem ?
Was about to raise my hand, but the remembered that the stem didn't get mangled... the steerer tube did. Had a bad crash over shooting a jump and bent the steerer tube and the bars, but the Thomson stem was still straight as.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
What are you doing in the left lane, n00B? Everybody knows that the right lane is the fastest. :homer:
Number 4&5 lanes were blocked by a crash. BMW suv playing Ricky racer whipped around the right of a semi in the #4 and tried to cut back in before hitting a slow truck in the #5. He didn't make it. Truck in #4 hit him and stuffed him under the rear of the semi trailer in the #5. They were cutting up the suv to get the driver out when I went by.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Number 4&5 lanes were blocked by a crash. BMW suv playing Ricky racer whipped around the right of a semi in the #4 and tried to cut back in before hitting a slow truck in the #5. He didn't make it. Truck in #4 hit him and stuffed him under the rear of the semi trailer in the #5. They were cutting up the suv to get the driver out when I went by.
i thought mike just wanted a pepsi

Here. My 715 no-showed this am. Fucking awesome.

Haley is pulling back on the gas kart since I told her *if* we buy one it will probably be used and for the race series up here, since more competition. She seems to want 1) a fancy new toy and 2) to stay in a small class where she will continue to dominate, despite not having much experience. Neither of which are acceptable for me when I'm laying down $4-5k. I will follow @Nick's advice and not get a kart this season and let her finish out her first season in electric karts. She's not getting the challenge anymore and the track is tight, so she's not really learning racing technique, but we'll go with it.

This child needs a damn sport and one where she will lose at times, else she will never learn that aspect of life. And that will make life real hard later.
Sports as a win/lose proposition elude me.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sports as a win/lose proposition elude me.
In this case I mean it as not being the best and learning how to emotionally handle it, then work to take challenges and try to become better. She can't get past "not being the best", so won't do things where she isn't.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Car passed the inspection with no complaints. Unexpected as the last time the particle count was too high. Today it would have even met the stricter norm. Guess driving the car pretty hard the last days and getting it really warm before inspection helped.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Not sure what's been more boring today - another sales pitch from a big consulting company, or part eleventy billionty of finance training I've been attending for a month and half now.

:monkey:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wife just called and said micro-dog barfed up what looked like blood as the girls were walking out the door this morning, so I'm punching out at 1 to take micro-dog to the vet. Fan-fucking-tastic. :disgust:
Sent home with a plethora of drugs. No defects noted during exam or x-ray, very high bacteria count in poop. Supposed to return in 48 hours to determine if blood work necessary.