Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Seems I have enough fat that 5.5deg C is still shorts and shirt weather, tomorrow may be cooler so I will have to get the truck loaded up quick and find a job in the sunshine.

EDIT- Ooh, at 10PM it's already down to 5deg C, might be a decent frost if a sea breeze doesn't kick in.
Don't get many frosts here.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
been at work since 4am, Thermos travel mug kept my Espresso hot for over an hour. win. Now to eat something. Gotta finish loading all my gear into the camper and stock the fridge with beer and food so I can get the hell out of here as soon as I get off work on Friday

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work. New coffee machine here and people are puzzling over it. JUST PUSH THE BUTTON

Have to give a tour of the plant today, of course its going to be ball sticking hot out, jesus.

Then riding bikes with dudes on the path. Ending it at the one buddies house who has a pool, that'll be well enjoyed.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Supposed to be off from work today to ride some bikes. Sneaky network shitheads locked out the local user accounts on my little automation boxes which do lots of little tasks to keep all the little bits and peices moving along. Trying to chase up any asshole from that team to unfuck it. But they're all off too. Probably riding. Pricks. I went to school to learn to write good. Fuck am I doing here

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What it do, Spike! LMFAO! Today is Wednesday, which means "all hands" day in the office, and 1 of my 7 staff actually came in. You could ask me if I give a fuck, and if you did, that answer would be NO.

I got here at 6:30 to use the fitness center. I did an hour on the treadmill, then showered, then spent the next 30 minutes sweating.

been at work since 4am, Thermos travel mug kept my Espresso hot for over an hour. win.
Those fancy newfangled thermoses from Yeti and the like will keep that shit piping hot all day. I don't know how that works. I think they are made out of plutonium or something.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So I saw this lady I work with at the grocery store. Our jobs don't require us to interact much. She completely ignored me and didn't even acknowledge me. Now I like her more than ever.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

North Table with eldest kid in a bit is the plan

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I got here at 6:30 to use the fitness center. I did an hour on the treadmill, then showered, then spent the next 30 minutes sweating.
I biked the 12 minutes to work today. waiting to stop sweating before I hit the shower. it's 86° now, but feels like 100°. and my cube is on a window in the full sun.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
IMG_3416.jpeg

After getting the run around from the well driller for the last 2 months I decided to hunt around for something sooner. called/emailed 17 different outfits all within 2 hours and only one could get it done next week with a $3k "expedite fee"

If I don't, it will be fall or later before I can get an actual date locked down.

Sounds like the state marine board finally got tired of my calls and emails and is actually completing my title and registration for the dory. Might be actually able to use the thing.

Started cleaning up the garage to make room for building doors and windows

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What it do, Spike! LMFAO! Today is Wednesday, which means "all hands" day in the office, and 1 of my 7 staff actually came in. You could ask me if I give a fuck, and if you did, that answer would be NO.

We have showers here, but no fitness center. Nobody on the top floor bikes, so I don't think it's been used in years. A fitness center would be great.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
A fitness center would be great.
It's nice to have, is free, and is just down the hall from my office. It's got a whole bunch of equipment and free weights too, which I really ought to make use of. The showers are nicer than at any gym I've ever been a member of.

I'd love to ride my bike to work but it seems like too much of a hassle with clothes, food, etc.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Hole in Hannah's ear drum confirmed. Dr isn't sure if it's from the now gone tube or a ruptured, but there is a hole.

Picking up Haley's helmet from MIL1's house, going to the shop to get the motor, the working on the kart all day.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Well shit. Both of my trekking poles just fell off a steep cliff. No way to retrieve them. There goes $200 and the only things holding my tent up. Good thing on my way to a hostel for the night. Moar thru hiking crap to deal with. Humph

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Hot as hades here. Getting the girls to pack their crap for nationals is worse than coaching boys baseball. Off to do some laundry and float around in the pool 'cause my bag is packed for the weekend.