Quantcast

***Wednesday GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One time a whole bunch of old people died in Britain from the heat, so I look it up and it topped out at 86 F. Weak genes.
There is a heat warning in effect here through Friday. Highs will be in the high 70s to mid 80s.

I never understood why that was necessary until I noticed a whole lot of people wearing black hoodies and knit hats standing in direct sunlight complaining about how hot it is outside.

If the North East has Yankee Ingenuity, the North West has Mossy Ineptitude.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
there's pretty much only one band I freak out when I hear and turn off the radio instantaneously... there's something about them that just absolutely makes me want to kill myself. or other people. or just fucking want to break shit.
My personal circle of hell is an Aerosmith concert.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Dammit. If I had a spare $1250 I could allegedly have a new '23 Santa Cruz 5010. I'm not supposed to be broke forever and I really want the Heckler.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ah. Streaming Unsilent Death by Nails on YT only to be interrupted by a cheerful young lady selling a Dyson air purifier. Is there a better metaphor for modern life?

IMG_0946.jpeg

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I never understood why that was necessary until I noticed a whole lot of people wearing black hoodies and knit hats standing in direct sunlight
Black clothing will keep you cooler if you stay in the shade because black radiates infrared. But I suppose that effect would be negated to some extent by wearing a fucking hoodie.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Black clothing will keep you cooler if you stay in the shade because black radiates infrared. But I suppose that effect would be negated to some extent by wearing a fucking hoodie.
Black clothing will only dissipate heat faster if the ambient temperature is low, the sun radiates visible light, everything that isn't at absolute zero radiates infrared. This is if course assuming said hoody is an ideal black body.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
It's quite the juxtaposition. Like VRBO ads before a sex pistols video.
I find it interesting that most of my video selections generate ads by the Dems looking for donations, but when I clicked on The Punk Rock MBA for a mini doc on Powerviolence I was presented with a Trump grift.