Quantcast

::: Wednesday Hump Day GMT :::

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
'morning monkeys!

Half day for me since my dad is down visiting, we're going to take the cameras out this afternoon and find a place to walk.

I suspect this is going to be a two-cup morning, though. Can't wake up.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I was sold by the superior wingdings of this GMT.

:wave:

Enough of the snow and ice is off the road for me to ride the moto for the first time since we went to mexico. Brr.......

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
now we have to deal with inferior gmt thread title format. Hell, those aren't even wingdings - it's an effin' semicolon for goodness sake

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So, I was working on a security project for a customer. We had a timeline, scope of work, everything.

A third of the way into the project, the customer disappeared with no warning. Nobody at the site would return phone calls or emails. The occasional email I got back would be "sorry, we're changing priorities but we still want to do this, I'll get back to you." For 10 months.

Recently, we started up again. Yesterday morning, I got an email asking for a status update, and by yesterday afternoon my phone/inbox/boss' inbox was blowing up with "where is our status update" messages.

WTF?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Breathing and working. Haley slept really well last night. We gave her all formula yesterday, so there was clearly something in what she ate that led to Monday night's chaos.
Three more days at work until I'm off for a week to SoCal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Job interview this morning. I may actually want this job, quite nervous. Thing typically go better when I don't give a ****. Strangely I have no idea what I am interviewing for, bugged the CEO until he had his HR folks grant me an interview.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2013
Agree that the musical notes are superior to misused puntuation.

Strangely I have no idea what I am interviewing for, bugged the CEO until he had his HR folks grant me an interview.
If you have the right skills, sometimes you just need to show a willingness to work hard, and they will figure out something for you to do. Good luck.

Haley slept really well last night. We gave her all formula yesterday, so there was clearly something in what she ate that led to Monday night's chaos.
Glad you are getting it figured out. Who would have though that such a common food would be a problem?

by yesterday afternoon my phone/inbox/boss' inbox was blowing up with "where is our status update" messages.
When I was in consulting, I thought, "man, clients are psycho". Once I was on the other side, I thought "man, we are psycho. but we have our reasons."

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i was a member of facebook long enough to make a donation this morning...

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Ski bag = packed. Leaving for the PNW in t-minus 9 hours 38 minutes.
Whoop whoop! Where are you going to ride? We're going night skiing tonight and with the little one on Sat, but Sun we'll be at Steven's with my girls shredding. If you're up there or at Snoqualmie, we should make some turns!

Good morning! Mostly stoked because I get to ski tonight! Not stoked that I'm stuck at my desk and I have to pee realllllly bad right now :) you're welcome!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Afternoon.

Nothing new is going on in my world today. Wife is starting to feel better after the flu kicked her @ss. Yeah... that's about it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Whoop whoop! Where are you going to ride? We're going night skiing tonight and with the little one on Sat, but Sun we'll be at Steven's with my girls shredding. If you're up there or at Snoqualmie, we should make some turns!
We're visiting good friends that moved from CO about a year ago, and we'll be there through Sunday early evening. Unsure about exactly where we'll ski... our friends work tomorrow but are borrowing us a vehicle and Baker has me most interested as far as snow totals go, so we might try and get there tomorrow. Not sure what our exact plans are otherwise, but Crystal and/or Alpental have been kicked around. And I'll DEFINITELY be shredding Elysian at some point...

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
We're visiting good friends that moved from CO about a year ago, and we'll be there through Sunday early evening. Unsure about exactly where we'll ski... our friends work tomorrow but are borrowing us a vehicle and Baker has me most interested as far as snow totals go, so we might try and get there tomorrow. Not sure what our exact plans are otherwise, but Crystal and/or Alpental have been kicked around. And I'll DEFINITELY be shredding Elysian at some point...
Alpental is where it's at if you can get there on a weekday for SURE! We had a BLAST there last week! Chair 2 ftw!
Baker & Crystal are also super fun though, and Baker will be the least crowded for sure. We were going to rent a cabin up there this weekend as my gf is coming out from Boise to shred, but we opted to stay at our cabin up by Steven's for free instead. Happy shredding!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Alpental is where it's at if you can get there on a weekday for SURE! We had a BLAST there last week! Chair 2 ftw!
Baker & Crystal are also super fun though, and Baker will be the least crowded for sure. We were going to rent a cabin up there this weekend as my gf is coming out from Boise to shred, but we opted to stay at our cabin up by Steven's for free instead. Happy shredding!
Awesome, thanks for the beta! Cabin near Steven's... life sounds rough for you guys. Clothing bag = also packed. T-minus 4 hours 14 minutes. #flyintheflannel #seattle #tryingtofitin

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Awesome, thanks for the beta! Cabin near Steven's... life sounds rough for you guys. Clothing bag = also packed. T-minus 4 hours 14 minutes. #flyintheflannel #seattle #tryingtofitin

Ummmm. That's a LOT of flannel!!!! :rofl:

Totally rough life! The cabin is about 45 from Stevens on a lake, and our house is 45 from Alpental/Snoqualmie (where we have our passes/I teach). Fly safe!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Interview went reasonably well. Right off the bat got thrown in front of the owner. Really intense mofo, it was impossible to relax or get my rhythm but don't think I ****ed up. Other folks there hinted that he does his best to throw you off your game, in that light it might have gone well.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Interview went reasonably well. Right off the bat got thrown in front of the owner. Really intense mofo, it was impossible to relax or get my rhythm but don't think I ****ed up. Other folks there hinted that he does his best to throw you off your game, in that light it might have gone well.
Nice work Westy! What company is it?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Good luck with the interview. Throwing their big guns at you to start with means they took you seriously, at least. That's a positive thing.

I am getting progressively lazier and lazier at work. (No patients are being harmed, mind you--I've haven't been reading clinical-side stuff since the third week of December.) Today I elected to leave at noon and not come back, and that was apparently ok with everyone.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So, I was working on a security project for a customer. We had a timeline, scope of work, everything.

A third of the way into the project, the customer disappeared with no warning. Nobody at the site would return phone calls or emails. The occasional email I got back would be "sorry, we're changing priorities but we still want to do this, I'll get back to you." For 10 months.

Recently, we started up again. Yesterday morning, I got an email asking for a status update, and by yesterday afternoon my phone/inbox/boss' inbox was blowing up with "where is our status update" messages.

WTF?
They're the customer, n00B!