Quantcast

Wednesday Night 915 Skatepark Greensboro NC

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Me and Motomike tried it once...long story short, bmx'ers dont like mtb'ers and the roll in is scary. Oh yeah, the bowl is off limits to bikes...Mike am i leaving anything out.
Dont get me wrong Im not trying to discourage anyone, but i think im just not good enough to ride there

Thats cool, I'll go it alone. I agree, the roll in is scary. The box tranny is too tight for for me on a 24 or 26 bike. I am mainly going because I want to learn peg grinds and have not found a suitable place in the urban jungle that does not make me really skeeered. Suggestions? I think the mean bmxers got booted a while back and they are actually pretty funny guys. They are probably nicer to me because I remind them of their dad or something. Please give a shout out if you plan any urban rides or dj in winston. I am waiting on an invite to the land of OZ (I dont even know the name) in WS Only heard tales and it sure does sound like a good time.
Jon
336-451-9609

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
A few questions...
1) wait a sec you have pegs on your mt bike?
2) Have you been to Country Park or Cone in greensboro?
3) you should check out the urban rides outta Re:cycles in greensboro (not really a ?but oh well)
4) are you talking about the freeride stuff in Winston?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
escapeartist said:
A few questions...
1) wait a sec you have pegs on your mt bike?
2) Have you been to Country Park or Cone in greensboro?
3) you should check out the urban rides outta Re:cycles in greensboro (not really a ?but oh well)
4) are you talking about the freeride stuff in Winston?
If I am thinking about the right person, he has a P.street!!! freakin sweet! ANd he is probably thinking about the "stuff" in WS. He doesn't like to fish. *hint hint*

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
there's a spot on downtown winston, under the overpass where some folks have made a little concrete session thingy out of concrete barriers and some well placed mixed concrete.

...but i think he's talking about billy waynes. if so, pm brian wilkinson...he and another fella run the show over there.

Mike is right- I have a p-street with 24s and pegs. It is a crazy fun bike to ride. a true halfbreed morph of bmx/mtb

The bridge in WS sounds like fun

cone and CP are two of my regular spots

I will hook up with the re-cycles urban ride when I can. Does it go out on a regular basis. I have two kids and wife who works at night 3-days a week so my schedule is kind of touch and go.

I am speaking of the private session place in WS with the barn drop, hips, wall ride,and big djs. I keep hearing about this place but figure since it is private I will wait until I get some sort invite or permission rather than just sneaking around looking for the place. It may be too big for me anyway but I still want to check it out. If you are the high flyer formerly known as tubby? (or something like that)than you are one of the people who have spoken of this elusive palce in my presence.

regarding fishing- I don't have the patience

I also hear salem lake is fun and a place soon to be dozed in high point

I commute to work in chapel hill about 3 times a week and there is some crazy building going on their at the CHHS trails also called estes. check out trianglemtb.com for more info go to urban/freeride/dh forum.

how about 915 tonight manimal?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
can't make it tonight. not very fond of that place; wish the skatepark in mt. airy was still open, that place rocked!

yup, its me ...tubby. i'll try to contact either jeff or brian and hook up a ride date at billy waynes. i haven't been there in a while myself.