Quantcast

Wednesday Night Races?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I know I ask this every year, but I can never figure the date out!

Anyone know when Wick is starting his weekly race series? Thanks!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
They start tonight at 6pm for beginners, 7-sport and 8pm expert. I might have to figure out a way to do a couple of races-even though I live in Cle Elum. I guess they are every wednsday except if its raining like crazy.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borregokid said:
They start tonight at 6pm for beginners, 7-sport and 8pm expert. I might have to figure out a way to do a couple of races-even though I live in Cle Elum. I guess they are every wednsday except if its raining like crazy.

Ah crap!

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
So Snacks - you gonna do these? I can do it the Wednesday after next - I'm outta town this upcoming week...

What level do you think? I think beginner for me :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
So Snacks - you gonna do these? I can do it the Wednesday after next - I'm outta town this upcoming week...

What level do you think? I think beginner for me :D
Yea, I'm going to really try and do them most weeks. Kevin drives down from work to do them too. I would do today's but I only have my rear shifter :mumble:

Beginner for you at first, I always ride the beginner class. Half the guys that race the beginner race are not beginners....total roadies :eek:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Yea, I'm going to really try and do them most weeks. Kevin drives down from work to do them too. I would do today's but I only have my rear shifter :mumble:

Beginner for you at first, I always ride the beginner class. Half the guys that race the beginner race are not beginners....total roadies :eek:

Very cool - sucks about the shifter last night...I'll definitely do the one on the 20th - though I'll be in horrible shape unless I manage to get a good ride in this weekend and the following.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Jr_Bullit said:
Very cool - sucks about the shifter last night...I'll definitely do the one on the 20th - though I'll be in horrible shape unless I manage to get a good ride in this weekend and the following.
Eh, I don't even race the first couple of races, you just have to keep yourself from getting lapped. I just like to get out and ride faster than normal.

The first race last year I was going to give up after the 1st lap, but Kevin MADE me keep going. I was whinning and complaining something awful :o:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Snacks said:
Eh, I don't even race the first couple of races, you just have to keep yourself from getting lapped. I just like to get out and ride faster than normal.

The first race last year I was going to give up after the 1st lap, but Kevin MADE me keep going. I was whinning and complaining something awful :o:

Hahahah - that sounds like something I'd do - I hate "working" after work ;). I think it'll be fun though for climbing up hills fast! :thumb:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
these the "cyclocross" ones out in black diamond?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Toshi said:
No they are XC races at South Seatac. Non-NORBA series. Let me see if I can find a linky.....

EDIT: I can't find any info on it.... :help:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Snacks said:
No they are XC races at South Seatac. Non-NORBA series. Let me see if I can find a linky.....

EDIT: I can't find any info on it.... :help:
If they are Non-NORBA races can we race any class we want then? In NORBA I have to race expert XC and I am faaaaaaaaaaaar from that :p

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Velocity Girl said:
If they are Non-NORBA races can we race any class we want then? In NORBA I have to race expert XC and I am faaaaaaaaaaaar from that :p
Yep. Kevin races the beginner class with me so he can coach (ie yell at me to go faster). He would have to race expert XC too at a NORDA race :dead:

Last year Wick had a special, woman pay 1/2 price every 2nd and 4th Wedesday :thumb:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Snacks said:
Yep. Kevin races the beginner class with me so he can coach (ie yell at me to go faster). He would have to race expert XC too at a NORDA race :dead:

Last year Wick had a special, woman pay 1/2 price every 2nd and 4th Wedesday :thumb:
The 1/2 price thing is cool!

So next question....do you know if the course weaves thru the flow park at all? (Don't think we'll be racing tonight but might want to hit the drops and stuff).

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Velocity Girl said:
The 1/2 price thing is cool!

So next question....do you know if the course weaves thru the flow park at all? (Don't think we'll be racing tonight but might want to hit the drops and stuff).
Wick changes the course every week, they get longer as the season goes on. I'm not sure if he'll run us though the flow park now that it's grown so much. Last year we would ride up it.

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
I not sure about the cx, but Wick did put on the Wed night races down in BD.
He movd them to N. Seatac/S. Seatac about 6-7 years ago due to property owner wanting larger cut of the action.
Stopped doing N.Seatac after about 2 years because horse people didn't care that he had a permit to hold races there every other thursday, they had the right to ride their horses there whenever they felt like it.
BTW, was a witness to this exchange - you would think they would have avoided the clearly taped off course for their own safety, but "damnit, they had every right to be on their horses out there!"
Toshi said:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
I tried one of those races...I ran over a another girls butt! Some of the riders there don't believe in letting you by...so you have to run them over! :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
PsychO!1 said:
I'll start hitting them in a few weeks, fairweather days only. But...I'm tired of being the only single speeder out there.
PLEASE!!!! Somebody join me!!!!
I'll single speed with you!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Anyone going to the Seatac Race tomorrow? According to Wick beginners start at 6, sport 7, and expert 8pm. I started thinking about that and that means the experts need to have lights on their bikes to finish the race. I think the entry fee is only $12 for the race.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Borregokid said:
Anyone going to the Seatac Race tomorrow? According to Wick beginners start at 6, sport 7, and expert 8pm. I started thinking about that and that means the experts need to have lights on their bikes to finish the race. I think the entry fee is only $12 for the race.
I think I'm going but it depends on how late I have to work tomorrow night.

Last year it was $12 to race...But, you could add a BBQ Burger and a Micro beer for another $3!!!! $15 for a race burger and beer!!!! SWEEEEEET!!! I hope they are doing the same this year!!

I'm out for this week, I am going to have to wait for nicer weather, i'm a wuss. :-)

Snacks??
Last year I rode with the Sport class on my Single Speed, what class are you racing? Are you going to be on a Single Speed?