Quantcast

Wednesday night ride report!

splat

Nam I am
Tonight a few of us decided to join up and ride with the NEMBA wednesday night ride . it was at the ray burn trails , , very tight twisty single track.

here is a A picture of the group as we were getting ready to depart. there were 16 of us and it included SloMoJo, Berkshire Rider , IF_rider and JustBill , and bunch of other good peps , some of them really fast!

well we got started and it was one of the few times during this ride I was at the front . and it was a good thing too. one of us rode over a Bees nest and they were not too pleased about it . the back half of the riders suffered for this. getting stung multiple times. I didn't take Pics , I wanted to get as far away from them as possible ( I am a little bit sensitive to bee stings ).

one we got going the pace really quickened up. we were going at a good clip which made taking pictures impossible. then a thunder strorm rolled through . so Now the rocks and roots are getting slippery and its getting dark. we got to a point where most of the rider had to bail because they did not have lights , the rest of us with light ( 6 ) continued on.

we found a small drop to play on and here is SloMoJo hitting it.

and just before the end ther ewas this limbo log. I though I had it cleared but I hit it with my camel back, it shot the end of my camelback off and water was flowing well as I was stuck under the dam thing. I frieed my self by falling off the bike on the rear tire.

SloMoJo and Berkshire rider managed to clear it.

here is SloMoJo.

all told , Fun ride!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice pics Splat! I ended up hitting the Reservoir again with a couple of non-monkeys - but great guys and we had a blast. I showed Matt, (non-monkey) the full Reservoir loop and he was grinning from ear to ear. It is always cool to see someone else ride "your trails" for the first time. :thumb:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
Nice pics Splat! I ended up hitting the Reservoir again with a couple of non-monkeys - but great guys and we had a blast. I showed Matt, (non-monkey) the full Reservoir loop and he was grinning from ear to ear. It is always cool to see someone else ride "your trails" for the first time. :thumb:
Cool, man! Glad Matt enjoyed the RES. I'm surprised he has never ridden there, seeing how he lives in Farmington. :think:

My legs were sore as heck yesterday, so I decided to give them a rest.

Nice pics, Splat! Where did you guys start? I remember parking on some narrow road in the middle of friggin nowhere when I rode there. :think:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Cool, man! Glad Matt enjoyed the RES. I'm surprised he has never ridden there, seeing how he lives in Farmington. :think:
IAB - he hasn't lived in Farmington very long and he had been to the Reservoir twice, but hadn't done our full loop before, so I was able to show him a lot of new to him fun stuff!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
cool pics!!
i hate when my camelback gets stuck on a limbo log.......... espcially when you think your clear

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
The 4-5 guys up front were flying last night. I wasn't prepared for an all-out hammer-fest for 2 1/2 hours. :blah: On a postitive note, I now see where we always made the wrong turn, and we won't have to climb up that one trail anymore. :thumb: